Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? (640 Views)

FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students / Chinese Company Renovates Public School Building In Lagos (Photos) / Where Can I Learn French? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by smile4kenn(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
I am a Graduate student and intend taking a language during my masters program. I need comments and advice on which language I should learn.
points that matter:

Rate at which people speak the language on a professional context.
Which of them matters on getting a Job.
which language is better and why.
Which of the language has a future?
Re: Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
French is world offial lang afta english
Re: Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by tanimz(f): 3:23am On Dec 11, 2009
I suggest French for two main reasons- We are surrounded by French countries by all angles
- No matter where you go to in the world French is a recognized language
Re: Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by SEFAGO(m): 3:33am On Dec 11, 2009
Are you doing your masters in the US? And do you plan to audit the class? Chinese is hard like Zap, while french is easy, that is why I am asking the question. Moreover, while many Americans are stupidly learning chinese, so as "stem" the tide of asian economic power- the chinese are learning english in droves, so as to compete for jobs and such.

However, learning chinese would make you an asset- how many africans speak chinese, very few- how many africans speak french, a dime in a dozen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2009
I will suggest french
Re: Which Language Should I Learn: Chinese Mandarin Or French? by smile4kenn(m): 7:40am On Dec 11, 2009
thanks toba, tanimz and john paul

SEFAGO:

Are you doing your masters in the US? And do you plan to audit the class? Chinese is hard like Zap, while french is easy, that is why I am asking the question. Moreover, while many Americans are stupidly learning chinese, so as "stem" the tide of asian economic power- the chinese are learning english in droves, so as to compete for jobs and such.

However, learning chinese would make you an asset- how many africans speak chinese, very few- how many africans speak french, a dime in a dozen.

good point here, few Africans speak Chinese. it is like chinese is really taking over. But most Chinese people dont like to speak their language. they learn English and try as much to speak English with their foreign business associates. I study in United States. I believe the only reason most Americans learn chinese is not because of the language, but they wanna understand the culture. Chinese value their cultures a lot and wouldnt take it easy on you if you make a cultural mistake that might embarass or insult them.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice. / The New Utme And Publicity / Is The Admission List For Lasu Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.