Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? (525 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / My Landlord And I / Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by pukena(m): 6:49am On Feb 24, 2017
I packed into my apartment 12months ago. I am supposed to renew my rent this march. Feelers am getting from the landlord is that he qanta to renovate my side of the compound so I should look for another accommodation.

I told him things are not done that way. No notice no nothing. Though it has been hell living there in the past one year and I was planning to move when my rent expires but still renew my rent maybe for my younger brother.

Abeg my people, I thought a tenant is given like six months notice if the landlord wants him to go?
Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by odogwu2007(m): 6:52am On Feb 24, 2017
No not at all its against the law
Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2017
You said you wanted to move out. Quietly move out.

1 Like

Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 24, 2017
No, he doesn't. Then what next? You want to sue him? Just lock up and pack.

1 Like

Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by Young03(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2017
which state is that?
Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by LAFO: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2017
You've been living in hell and you got a chance to pack out yet you are still complaining.

do you want to live in hell for the next six months?

1 Like

Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by sisisioge: 8:18am On Feb 24, 2017
Just tell him...No probs, you would look for another. You would take it that the statutory notice starts from the day he informed you. Lobatan! Na subtle hint of knowledge of your rights be that. Besides, do quick and leave...No be say you dey enjoy the place before.
Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by Richy4(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2017
In as much as what the landlord did was wrong, but why would you renew hell for your younger brother....Is that how much the love you had for him was shocked...

1 Like

Re: Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
Life's too short to be living in hell for one year anywhere, especially when you can do something about it like... ummm... leave and find your peace elsewhere. But you want to renew your rent for yourself or brother, so you can continue to live in hell. Doesn't make much sense.

(1) (Reply)

Doors For Sale / With 20k You Can Own A Land In Ibeju Lekki / 3 Bedroom Bungalow @ Mgbuoba by Ada George junction PH For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.