Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business (1424 Views)

Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by fqudus(m): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2017
Please nairalanders I need your candid advice, am a graduate of unilorin completed nysc last year cutting the long story short am starting up a shawama and bbq spot in ilorin have gotten space, mounted my kiosk and all few weeks before I got money to finally set my place up I got this job making shawama and managing a spot for each shawama I sell I get 15% of the money that's 150 per shawama if I sell 10 a day that's about 1500 per day and at the end of the month I get 15k though market has been quite dull here cos students are on holidays have spent about a month but they are about resuming now and am thinking of quitting to start up my own spot that's already setup.
I don't know if am making the right choice cos I don't know how market would be in my place meanwhile students are about resuming here where I am presently, regardless of how much shawama I sell daily I still get paid at the end of the month though it's small but at all at all na something. If I sell 5 shawama daily that's 750 times 30 days that's about 23k plus 15k that's 38k a month I could sell more I could sell less, if I open my spot which is very far from where I work presently, I'd sell different things (chicken & fish bbq, grilled gizzard, shwama and all infact anything grilling)but not sure of how the markets gonna be. That's the picture of my kiosk waiting tobe used. Pls am confused

Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by okunfemm(m): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2017
Been ur own boss is d best but rome is not built in a day. on ur biz, u have ur time and talent for urself & not using it for others.
Note: there is challenges but wit patient & prayer, prosperity is the result

1 Like

Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by J3RK: 9:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Do none... buy a bar of soap and lock yourself up in the bathroom with it.. You will be clear-headed after a while
Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by austin2all: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2017
theres no format in doing that, and you will be happy you did.
Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by fqudus(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2017
austin2all:
theres no format in doing that, and you will be happy you did.
In doing what exactly?
Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by austin2all: 9:37am On Feb 24, 2017
fqudus:

In doing what exactly?
in leaving your current job
Re: Confused: Do I Leave My Job To Start My Own Business by Smarttravels(f): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Look for a good location and take the risk. There is a man selling fried chips and grilled chicken close to my office (LAGOS), we practically queue to buy few pieces of chicken and chips for N1,000.00 per pack. If you do not build your dream, you will be helping some other people build theirs. Take the risk my brother.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

MAX Is Hiring Motorcycle Riders / Meet The Lady Behind The Customer Care Voice On MTN / New Earning App To Earn Money By Just Playing Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.