Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,868 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (712 Views)

Edo Nurse 'Beauty' Delivers A Mentally Challenged Lady Of a baby by the road / Friends Mourn Pretty Young Lady Who Died Two Days After Giving Birth (Photos) / Help!!! Coughing For Up To Four Years Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by berry55: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2017
I am a young lady of 27 years,i dated a guy for four years. We were planning to get married 2years ago, so we did test and discovered that we have the same genotype (AS).
I don’t want to have sickle cell children because i know what families with sickle cell children are passing through, and so i left the relationship early last year and right now i’m in a new relationship with a guy that has AA genotype and this guy is very serious and wants to marry me. The problem now is that my ex-boyfriend is doing everything humanly possible to have me back and also telling me to overlook this genotype thing and believe in God cos there’s nothing God cannot do,i love him no doubt but i also love this my present guy so much.
In-fact i don’t know what to do, i need advise.Thanks
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by LAFO: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
You need advice to tell you to marry the other guy so you can give birth to 'sickle cell' babies?

Longevity is not legality my sister.

If you have seen an SS baby in crisis before, you won't pray for your enemy to have SS.

Love is not enough babe.

Abeg I no know wetin I wan type again.

Uncle Seun, what do you think

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2017
Marry the first

And have your house near a hospital...just in case
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by Homeboiy: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2017
sorry I hear say Tb joshua dey cure As/ss issues

visit der
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by greatnaija01: 10:51am On Feb 24, 2017
BUT WAIT why are u unstable.... how can you be confused at this stage... DO YOU THINK MARRIAGE IS A GAME? i guess you really may not have fully considered the married life very well. pls go and do proper findings from married couples of over 10 years and you will get wisdom. If i was the second guy and discovered you still love the first guy..... i would let you go without wasting time. LOVE is not COMPATIBILITY .... marriage is first about compatibility before love.....

berry55:
I am a young lady of 27 years,i dated a guy for four years. We were planning to get married 2years ago, so we did test and discovered that we have the same genotype (AS).
I don’t want to have sickle cell children because i know what families with sickle cell children are passing through, and so i left the relationship early last year and right now i’m in a new relationship with a guy that has AA genotype and this guy is very serious and wants to marry me. The problem now is that my ex-boyfriend is doing everything humanly possible to have me back and also telling me to overlook this genotype thing and believe in God cos there’s nothing God cannot do,i love him no doubt but i also love this my present guy so much.
In-fact i don’t know what to do, i need advise.Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by Yuneehk(f): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2017
To all AS, please and please, before you go into a serious relationship, find out the genotype of your spouse.

It really hurts when the reason why two people in love can't get married is because of genotype. It's easier to walk away at the early stage than walking away when it's time to take the relationship to the next level(marriage).

I can't tell I know how you feel because I'm AA wink but I know it'll be really difficult and not easy at all. For the sake of your unborn children, marry an AA person. It's not easy taking care of an SS. Money involved, the pains the child will go through, you ma no go dey sleep because your child will be ill.

Be wise biko

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by KealDrogo: 11:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Think about the health of your unborn kids and don't go back to your ex whose genotype is the same as yours.
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by veraif(f): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dear go on with the new guy,there is no sentiment in marriage oo, because when you will start dancing the music nobody will listen to you because u had a chioce but you missed it.Yes there is nothing God can not do but God did not say if u see fire you should jump into it and expect it not to burn you. Be wise dear
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by temitopeking(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
JUST TELL HIM TO GET BEHIND YOU, THE SAME WAY JESUS REBUKED SATAN.... DONT TRY IT.
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by sweettease(f): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Please do not be selfish with this decision, sickle cell patients suffer a lot, please do not even try gambling by going back to your ex, he might even impregnate an AA woman outside if you marry him and end up with just SS children, then you'll be left with children that watching them suffer breaks your heart and fear of them dying while dealing with the pain of a baby mama/second wife and her healthy children. I have seen this scenario play out over and over again so please move on

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years by HARDDON: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
yea, i know that feeling. i know, all things been equal, you wudnt hesitate to run back to your first guy! four years is no beans, u have taking time to know each other and you just blend like bread and butter. its never easy to let go of this kinda soul.

no matter how much you love the new guy, he cant get to you like the first, yea, i just know.
new guy wud keep floating even if you end up marrying him. first guy wud forever have a huge chunk of your heart.

my solution? simple. if the first has got it locked down and his pocket is sound, marry him. probability of having ss is 1 in 4. he should be ready to spend big each time you take in( know of a guy and his wify that took this kinda risk, they have three kids now no ss and theyve hanged up, the only ish is she get flown out few weeks into preggy) . world have advanced in such a way that there are ways to check the genotype of a baby few weeks in and have it terminated if ss.

but then, you can always marry the new guy if he aint solid.

be careful though not to go cheating with first guy wen u are married, cos he can swing you soft , he knows all your weak spots,

(1) (Reply)

Depression And Nigerian Youths / How 7000 Naira Saved This Womans Life / ENHANCE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WITH HERBLIN COMPLEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.