Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution (7235 Views)

See How Students In Higher Institution Look Like When Its Exam Period (pic) / Things You Must Do As A Freshman In A Higher Institution / 13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution by dailyguide(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
You making over 30,000 a month in school as a student it's no big deal or a crime but only if you play your cards well. Their are certainly a lot of ways you can start getting cash with little or no starting capital involved.

You don't need to wait for your parents to send you money before you get some personal stuffs. You don't have to go into internet fraud,just grab these business ideas and start smiling to the bank.
---------------------------
*LETS GET STARTED
Below are the top 30 business ideas you can start up as a student to boost your financial status.

*FIRSTLY :
One important thing you need to know is that you must be making it big in your academics. You need to be above average before you can start up a business or as a fresher,you need to balance the trend that is 40% For Work and 60% For your studies. The business ideas here has been carefully selected and are the ones that won't affect your academic pursuit.

*THE JOURNEY BEGINS :

1] START UP A LAUNDRY FIRM :

Did I just hear you say OMG!!?? Lolz.

You can make over 20,000 a month from setting up a laundry firm in school among your mates.
#QUESTIONS RUNNING THROUGH YOUR MINDS NOW ARE
* Is it not too stressful?
* How will I do the washing?
* How much do I charge?
* How do I get costumers?

WELL CONGRATULATIONS THE ANSWERS ARE HERE...
Well,I am glad to tell you that it is a stress free one. Getting customers is the simplest thing in this whole setup. Do you know there are lots of students who see it as a stress to wash their own cloths so they are always in need of laundry services, I can categorically tell you that there are over 70% of them in your school

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS
* Tell your friends you do such business,
* Paste posters,
* Get handbills etc.
Talking about the washing,have you noticed that there are wash women that are been employed by people to wash for them,all you need to do is employ this kind of women and negotiate with them.
*WASHING PRICING IS :
*150 Naira per shirt so if you are doing a top and a trouser,that will be 300naira that is 150 Naira respectively.
*NOTE *:......................
That you can now choose a convenient price to pay for the services of those doing the washing. If you pay them 50 Naira per cloth washed,that means if you are payed 300naira for a top and a trouser,and you pay them 50 Naira for each that will be 100Naira. That means the remaining 200 Naira is yours because all you need to do after their washing is to dry it,iron it and pack it. SO THE ONLY WORK YOU ARE DOING IS IRONING AND PACKING. So tell me,if you get over 20pairs per day, are you not making over 4000 per day? Did i just hear you say waoww!!!?? Its that simple

*2] BE AN AGENT AGENT :
Did you just say "what is agent agent?" well agent agent is a very lucrative and easy business where you can make over 30,000 a month if you work hard and it is simply put as "being an agent to an agent".

*THE BREAKDOWN....................
What this business is all about is you getting houses for students,mainly freshers or stalites who wants to move off campus. It is certain that your school admit students every year and not all will be accommodated in the school hostel, so all you need to do is get an agent, negotiate with him, tell him you will be bringing people to him, so after he collects the money for agreement and commission and pays you your share,you will be collecting nothing less than 3000 per head, so tell me,if you bring over 10 people,it means you are over 30,000 on them.

3] USE YOUR LECTURE FREE DAYS TO MAKE COOL CASH :
There are lots of lucrative part time jobs you can engage in and get lots of income rolling in to your account,all you need do is check your school time table and use you free days.
*LIST OF JOBS YOU CAN DO ..........................................
* Be a tutor : ................................
you can be a personal tutor,get some of your fellow students who needs to be lectured on some subjects the don't know,teach them and earn your money.
* Do tutorials :..............................
for waec students,GCE,or even JAMBITES.
* Do company supplies:.........................
you can get a company around you or a schook and engage in toiletries supply,all you do is bill them that you will get your income.
* Take part-time subjects in schools. if you have knowledge about special subjects like:
¤french,
¤yoruba,
¤computer
¤music
you can take them on part-time in schools and earn your money.

4] MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS/TALENTS :
This is one important aspect all students are getting it wrong,have you forgotten that saying that says "the gift of a man makes room for him"
*ARE YOU
¤Good at Singing or you are an artise? Get shows and get paid.
¤Good at dancing? Get shows and get paid
¤Good with camera? Get a camera,Get events,Snap for people and bring home money.
¤Good at drawing/painting? Get your brush,Paint and Sell it out.
¤Good at barbing? Cut your mates hair and get paid(same with ladies).
¤Good with repairing electronics and student gadgets? Do it for them and get cool cash.
¤Good at composing write ups? Be a guest blogger,or write articles for blogs/companies or people.

5] SELL SECOND-HAND COURSE BOOKS TO FRESHERS :
This is a very good idea. One great way to further make money as a student is to get other students’ text books at the end of the year, and then sell them to the freshers just after freshers’ week or people just going to that class – when the new intakes know that they need them! You and I know that student won't dare to joke with their text books. You can easily get costumers by creating awareness,advertise on campus or list them online very easily just bear in mind they take a commission on books sold).

6] SELL YOUR STORIES AND ARTICLES :
If you have an interesting story or article you could try selling it to news paper companies get it published and get paid. It can also be sold to magazines depending on you sphere of writing. You can also locate blogs or site that needs people to write for them.

Written By: Kayode Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel

send me a mail at kayodesblog@gmail.com to get the full version.
we are just starting.
Re: 25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution by Studentcosmos(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nice post. You could also checkout 6 crucial steps to make money from the comfort of your dorm room here www.studentcosmos.com/steps-make-money-dorm
Re: 25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:52am On Oct 12, 2019
This is a very exhaustive post on how to make money in Nigeria as a student but I believe there are still many more.
Re: 25 Amazing Ways To Make Money As A Student In Higher Institution by Sixsigmahub: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
This is a very good piece of writing.
I however want to draw every student's attention to a way they can leverage their business and sell faster and hence make more money for themselves.

Siggy is the biggest Students online shopping classified website in Nigeria. Siggy is a online marketplace where students can buy and sell anything online around their Campus : new and used Phones, Fashion Clothings and Shoes, Electronics, Houses, Cars and more. You can even find or post Job vacancies on Siggy.

The Siggy vision was to provide the 1st Students Online Marketplace in Nigeria for buyers and sellers to meet, interact and conduct business quickly and conveniently around their respective campuses. With the number of ads being posted and visits being made by sellers and buyers respectively on a daily basis, Siggy has become the cornerstone for promoting ecommerce trade amongst Undergraduates in Nigeria.

Siggy is Nigeria’s number one Students Online Marketplace that enables Users post Free Ads and get Buyers faster. The platform has made the buying and selling of Phones, Food, Shoes, Bags, Furniture, Clothings, Property, Services, Household items and many more seamless and safe.

The website is www.

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Now Release Part Time Admission Status For 2011/2012 / Is Neco Gce Nov/dec Result Out??? / 5 Foolish Things Guys Who Live In Same Room With Girls In Campus Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.