Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (892211 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
mcobex:
First, u are not suppose to book ur flight b4 u get ur trv (it is well stated ). secondly, check all the details u used in login and see if there's a mistake if not keep trying it and it will show u (look out for ur date of birth, and other security questions u filled while opening the account )

Thanks for the response, i crossed checked all the infos i put (application no and UCI) including the security question, tried it about 5times but still, its showing 'no found application', i'll have to try again in another 24hrs time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Very well said my brother, you have highlighted everything. VO would not even think to the direction he is thinking about processing times. They'll just assume that he is hiding something.

Austinpee4:

Bro/sis, for the sake of others that will be reading this later, i had to make this point. Just as @Maziude ,@mcobex have mentioned. Legal resident status here also mean a place where you have a strong tie with. Such ties must have you engaged in your resident country.

A visitor's visa won't give you such resident status. Work ,study visas or a permanent resident does give such status.
IRCC website and the visa office of each country stipulates that foreigners applying from such country must hold a valid temporal permits or a permanent resident permit. (check their website and applicable visa office instructions).
You cannot go to Cameroon with a visitor's visa and apply for a study permit. You do not have any tie with cameroun that will give you resident rights(Temporary/permanent) other than visiting. Your application will be thrown out immediately you apply there with a visitor's visa. Forget the long processing times you see, majority of the study permit are processed WITHIN this time frame. We still have exceptions still but averagely, applications do not extend throughout that duration.

So prepare your application and apply NOW that you still have some time.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
mafa4na:

Thanks for the response, i crossed checked all the infos i put (application no and UCI) including the security question, tried it about 5times but still, its showing 'no found application', i'll have to try again in another 24hrs time
ok bro, best of luck. gurus in the house should help out here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
nalizzzy:
Please I will like to know if d reason for rejection is general or personal. bcus my sis said wen dey reject u. dey put a general reason inside de envelope 4 all delayed visa
Hello,
Every application is treated based on its merits so general is hardly a term I would use. If one is denied, they list a number of reasons, some of them may be vague but when ones situation changes for better, reapply and address those issues raised no matter how insignificant they may seem. Past denials don't usually affect other applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Benita23: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi good day house,
I have been following the thread for a while thanks for the great work.
I need assistance I applied to the University of Saskatchewan on the 28th of February,2017 for Msc. chemical engineering Fall session, I sent a mail to my proposed supervisor who happens to be the chair of the department and I got a response from him to go ahead with my preliminary application and gave me all the links and he said after that I would be contacted if I meet the requirements for official application. I submitted the application and I got a response from the department that they would get back to me and I shouldn't contact till ten weeks time. I didn't contact them but sent a mail on Friday which wasn't responded to.
Please what should I do next and was does the silence mean.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
westgermany:
@maziude pls can I send my SOP for correections?
@maziude..pls can I send mine as well and pls what mail can I send to? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
Good day house how long is transit time between the VAC and IRCC office...any idea..?? From Lagos to Ghana
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
maziude:

Bros, I just tire. We too dey look for shortcuts.
@ maziude pls can I send my sop for correction and what mail pls. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
amnotapervert:
Good day house how long is transit time between the VAC and IRCC office...any idea..?? From Lagos to Ghana
less than 12 hours. if I may ask, why are u going to Ghana from lagos? hope not to apply?Cos u can do that here in lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MeinKampf: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
mcobex:
bro as for the documents sent by ur school, u can use the temporary (electronic )documents to apply (u don't have to wait for the hard copies to get here b4 u apply). as for where to apply from go to where u feel like and hive us feedback. NB: IF U CHECK CLOSELY THERE SHOULD BE SOME COUNTRIES WHOSE PROCESSING TIMES ARE BELOW 3 WEEKS SEF

At the bolded is loaded with meaning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MeinKampf: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
House, do banks normally stamp their SOA? Can I just use the monthly statement of accounts my bank sends monthly? it's always in pdf and not stamped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
mcobex:
less than 12 hours. if I may ask, why are u going to Ghana from lagos? hope not to apply?Cos u can do that here in lagos
am asking the transit time when Application has been submitted at lekki to reach Ghana....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
amnotapervert:
am asking the transit time when Application has been submitted at lekki to reach Ghana....
ok, I can't say but I think your processing time starts when you apply or at most a day after u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aade5: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi,

I applied on the 1st of June, but yet to receive my biometric instruction. This is the second time am applying for a study permit.

Kindly assist.

cashhip:

Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja
Silverbird Entertainment Centre.
Plot 1161, Memorial Drive,2nd Floor,
Central Business District, Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
I spoke to an ex-Consular lately and she was very kind to share some advice and insight regarding successful and unsuccessful visa applications. I guess most of us already know this, so this is mostly directed towards new members in the house. I took my time to write this so everyone please share corrections, additions and suggestions. Hope someone can learn from this.

DOs and DON’Ts

It’s very important to know that the VO don’t know anything about you, your background or your plans until you submit your application. Even while your application is submitted to the embassy, the VO on your case makes his/her judgement based on what you present. The documents you present represent you and should tell your own unique story. That is why it is very important that your documents are SOLID and meet the minimum standards. Based on her advice and my own experience here are some DO’s and DON’Ts:

1. DO ensure that you have significantly more money than is needed for your application. Take note of the current parallel market rates and do your maths appropriately. You should have at $10,000 minimum for your upkeep + your tuition and travel expenses. So if your school fees is $14.000, flight is $1000, you should have significantly more than the equivalent of $25,000. You are not expected to empty your account neither is your sponsor expected to. Also important, for married applicants and applicants with children; you should show even significantly more money than the minimum. Having a wife and a child means that you have dependants and it is an unwritten rule that you have to proof that you can support them as well. Another important point to note is that the VOs are trained to make sure no one is a potential burden on the Canadian government public funds that is why it is necessary to show that you can look after yourself and family been left behind without any benefits on their part. Then again the VOs care much more about your liquid cash than your properties. Properties serve more as a home tie rather than a proof of finance. They don’t know or care about how much your land costs, they need to see the figures in a banks account. Common documents to submit include: Statement of Account (6 months), Letter of Employment if employed, Payslips, “Sworn Affidavit of Support” if you have a sponsor. You should also submit documents that prove your relationship to that sponsor e.g. birth certificates.

2. DO prove that you have home ties. The Canadian government can’t read your mind. They don’t know whether or not you will return after your studies. But as long as you are applying for a Temporary Resident Visa you certainly have to prove that you have enough reason to come back. This is important for applicant you have little or no travel history i.e. a virgin passport. You have to show that you have either a family, significant property, an inheritance or a pretty good job to come back to. Every individual case is different so you should show documents that suit your unique circumstance. Land documents, businesses, marriage certificates will surely help here.

3. DON’T present yourself as an experienced traveler while you submit your documents when you are not. What I mean by this is simple. If you have not travelled out, you have to do more to win the trust of the VO and make him believe your application. This would include showing home ties, having your documents look well thought out and original and proving your intentions. Whether you like it or not, travel history certainly plays a key role in applications. Having a good travel history and multiple visas tells the VO two things. a. You have obeyed immigration rules before and you are likely to obey theirs b. You have been seen as eligible for visas in other countries so that gives you more eligibility for theirs. Most of us don’t have the luxury of that but keep it in mind that you have to earn trust and presenting solid documentation is a good way. If you have a virgin passport, upload blank pages as well as your bio-data page. If you have visas, upload all visas along with your bio-data page.

4. DO indicate any previous refusals. I find it funny when people don’t indicate prior refusals in the same embassy even. Embassies like Canada and UK go out of their way to keep an electronic record of refusals and special cases. Not stating a refusal is basically shooting yourself in the foot. That goes for pretty much other embassies. If you have a marking on your passport, please upload it along with your passport page and make sure you give a simple explanation as to why you were refused.

5. DON’T over do, over say or over present. Overdoing is a sign of desperation. Desperation is a big red flag. While it is good to present solid documents, providing extras or too much will actually be an impediment to your application. Provide what is required and only what will sell your case innocently, nothing more. No unnecessary reference letters, no overexcited SOPs. Confidence and simplicity should be what you aim for

Would certainly share more points if anyone finds this useful.

- mostblackroad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nalizzzy: 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Truce01:

Hello,
Every application is treated based on its merits so general is hardly a term I would use. If one is denied, they list a number of reasons, some of them may be vague but when ones situation changes for better, reapply and address those issues raised no matter how insignificant they may seem. Past denials don't usually affect other applications.

thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
You are meant to do your biometrics as soon as you submit your application

Hmy2015:

No not medical request .... I mean Biometrics at the VFS centre, If for instance I submitted my application today, will I receive invitation email immediately after submission or it takes some time to get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aade5: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi,

I also applied on the 1st of June for a study permit, precisely my second time of applying and am still yet to get a biometric instruction to proceed to VFS for it.

Have you received your instruction up until now?

McOsheBaba:

Thank you for the reply. I hope it is not abnormal for the biometric invitation to take this long. I also have this question. I did a medical upfront and I added my info sheet to my letter of explanation. Do I need to do any other thing with regards to my medical exam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
maziude:

Okay boss... pm me.

You can send it to my facebook... we met on uottawa facebook page... remember?

are u in uottawa or have an admission there, pls i need u to explain somethings to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
hurricanesgrace:
Good morning everybody,
For guru in the hous, I just applied to university northern British Columbia for sept fall intake.
I would want to ask who knws how long it tks bfr admission status is communicated. My reason for asking is cos I got to knw here that visa is 3months and we are in may, so basically I hv jus 3 months from now to apply for visa.
And I wudnt knw how long bfr d admission status will b comicatd. Plz I need ur candid opinions
Thanks.
I got your mail what's up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aade5: 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi,

I also submitted an application for study permit on the 1st of June and also yet to receive an instruction to proceed for biometric.

Kindly notify me once you receive yours.

omoba26:
Great Minds in the house. Please I submitted my student visa application yesterday. I am yet to receive the Biometrics mail. How long does it takes to have this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
mcobex:
bro the most important is for your company to pay ur tuition fee before u apply then if possible transfer mur living expenses into ur personal account

Gurus in the house please i need answers to my questionslease
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
[quote author=tomexy4 post=57152201] Hi GURUS in the house.......I am completing my online application .. i willl be sponsored by the company i work for... i want to know which documents i need to upload as proof of financial support.... The following documents are with me . Should upload everything ??

1. company statement of account.
2. company tax clearance certificate
3. Board resolution letter to release funds for my study
4. Letter of sponsorship from employer
5. Company CAC documents.[/quot

Please i need answers to my question PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
mcobex:
bro the most important is for your company to pay ur tuition fee before u apply then if possible transfer mur living expenses into ur personal account

Yes i know that...but time is running out. school resumes in september and processing fee time is about 13weeks so i have to submit my application. i just need to know what docs i need to upload online as proof of financial support
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
maziude:

Can you please explain what you really mean?
in terms of award of masters degree, number of years of study and recognition, is there any difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bolagabriella: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
Good day house
I aoplied for Canada student visa but i didn't submit police report with my documents. My question is hope it is not going to affect my visa from been granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
lanrayx:

are u in uottawa or have an admission there, pls i need u to explain somethings to me

pls someone help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
lanrayx:

Hello boss,
I will be resuming in ottawa this fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
I don't think it will. I believe if it's required, they would request for it while reviewing your application.

bolagabriella:
Good day house
I aoplied for Canada student visa but i didn't submit police report with my documents. My question is hope it is not going to affect my visa from been granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
bolagabriella:
Good day house
If it is needed it will be requested for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
bolagabriella:
Good day house

If it is needed, you will be asked to provide it. Mine got approved without submitting it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (505)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.