Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Secrecy Of Secrets - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrecy Of Secrets (3598 Views)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2017
No part of this story should be copied, through any form or medium and published or rebroadcast without the approval of the writer..
secrecy of secrets
Is a work of fiction from my imaginative pen!

I'll appreciate the contact before any form of simulacrum.
©Adekola Olalekan Harun

Contact @ harunadekola@Gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Secrecy of secrets !

Most humans have secrets, but how secretive are your secrets ?

................................................................................................................
Prologue

Ruth pulled at his wardrobe gently, trying her best not to offset anything in the process. She gently pushed back at her shoulders as though they caused her pain. Mentally pushing through the last barrier of restraint her senses were bathing her in. The more she pulled, the louder the wardrobe creaked. Yes; she is scared but the goal at which she is seeking could bring everything to an end. EVERYTHING TO AN END.

The light of the room suddenly came on. Ruth stood transified unable to move, unable to breathe. She mentally waited for whatever was coming. It might not be her end yet, but at least close to her end. As beads of sweat rolled down her spine, she felt as though she was already in for death, finally she is caught! and so she waited. Too scared to turn around. Too scared to let go of held breath. Too scared to let go of the handle she pulled at.

The scream and shout from the immediate compound was what jolted her thoughts as she heard rhythmically "UP NEPA!!!" Never in her life as she been more relieved that phcn were the ones who brought THE light. As she let go of breathe, she had been hoarding. ~so I am still alive~ came dancing her thoughts! And so she pulled at the handle of the wardrobe only to stop abruptly at!!!

SECRECY OF SECRETS!!

2 Likes

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
Chapter one

I race with patience
As I smile in tears
Fear wears rare care
Making caution my dear
How to do will I near
What can should I do
I race with patience
But fear is seizing my legs

One in front of the other, and the other in front of one. Footsteps birth walk. Since haste help save problem of waste of time. Kelvin walked marring the brightness of the moonless night. His pace should not be termed walking but yet he was. With every vigour he could muster, every strenght he could source, he walked; as time wasn't on his side.
He walked by the road side In order not to draw nightguards attention to himself. Even with his complete black attire that matched perfectly with the night. He still felt very visible to sight. As he took careful silent strides, mapping out his route with ease. He navigates his legs as they are his favorite companion {kelv foot wagon}• Only to stop at a Fenced building with a brown gate which has (13) boldly inscribed on its surface.
Like flash did he move! Opening the gate with ease and heading towards the boys quarters with such confidential vigour.
He turned to face the second door he came across and key opened it with ease. Letting himself in, he sat at the edge of the bed and turned on the little lamp he had been with since he left his home.
There was a sleeping figure on the bed at which he directed the focus of the light at! She twisted and turned as she tried shielding the rays of light away from her eyes. As though a moment of realisation just dawned her, she sat up and angrily waved a warning finger at the source of her sleep interruption.
Swiftly, Kelvin redirected the light at the ceiling, brightening up the room in the process. "Kelvin! What are you doing here"; she muttered keeping her voice bearly audible. He was only able to comprehend her cause he saw her mouth move!
But he was not ready to answer her yet, instead he moved closer to her making their face align before looking at his wrist watch. "At last! Twelve!! " ; he said giving her a quick kiss on the lips and pulling back to present a wrapped item. "Happy birthday ma'am"

2 Likes

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
kai I will not fit to gree!!! if you guys donot want to comment. I'll drag you here myself with mentions psalmskiddy ( m), hoebamaa ( m ), specter ( m), zamirikpo ( m), Sheryf22 , Mc4larin , ccsnl , sunnydam ( m), PWEETYWIZZY ( f), ikombe, VERTER( m ), preciousuweh ( m ), wolewole200 ( m ), sweetpotatoes , Perfectionist11 ( m), anorexia( f ), melow , neighy ( m ), Hadampson( m ), baydok, AyarmBoye , coldster , Mirray ( m), Ayooluwawamiri , mareema( f), obontobolo( m ), princemozyk, SPDAZZY ( f), jeesprecy( f), AdetayoS( m ), melekan ( m ), psalmorado05 , mamindy ( f), bigbauer ( m), cyndylove64( f ), sotadegrt ( m )

1 Like

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]chapter two loading
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
melekan:
kai I will not fit to gree!!!
if you guys donot want to comment. I'll drag you here myself with mentions
psalmskiddy ( m), hoebamaa
( m ), specter ( m), zamirikpo ( m), Sheryf22 ,
Mc4larin , ccsnl , sunnydam ( m), PWEETYWIZZY ( f),
ikombe, VERTER( m ), preciousuweh ( m ),
wolewole200 ( m ), sweetpotatoes ,
Perfectionist11 ( m), anorexia( f ), melow , neighy
( m ), Hadampson( m ), baydok, AyarmBoye ,
coldster , Mirray ( m), Ayooluwawamiri , mareema( f),
obontobolo( m ), princemozyk, SPDAZZY ( f),
jeesprecy( f), AdetayoS( m ), melekan ( m ),
psalmorado05 , mamindy ( f), bigbauer ( m),
cyndylove64( f ), sotadegrt ( m )
Seems diz story iz goin to be interesting... i don enter o... wey my sit melekan.. tanx 4 d mention
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Anoda story 4 u guys... cc: obimgbo, dasilver20, queenitee, harameede99, spdazzy, oly23, angelinastto, ishilove, divepen1, ikombe, comelyjummy, lovelygurl, cerewo, azeequeen, chumzypinky, chizzymaris, creeza, ladysuperb, ritababe, eniqurl, purityval, jagugu8li, nastynic, adesina12, boffinjay, alamiendagash, hormobolanle, dtobs, yungtemy, dannybomb, skillful01, switup, rachealfst, lankyannie, forzarush, gabbyraze, michelle55, samyfreshsmooth, olatex25, bibijay123, bibi294

2 Likes

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by dannybomb(m): 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Oya com drop am, we are following like alomo
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
Anoda story 4 u guys... cc: obimgbo, dasilver20, queenitee, harameede99, spdazzy, oly23, angelinastto, ishilove, divepen1, ikombe, comelyjummy, lovelygurl, cerewo, azeequeen, chumzypinky, chizzymaris, creeza, ladysuperb, ritababe, eniqurl, purityval, jagugu8li, nastynic, adesina12, boffinjay, alamiendagash, hormobolanle, dtobs, yungtemy, dannybomb, skillful01, switup, rachealfst, lankyannie, forzarush, gabbyraze, michelle55, samyfreshsmooth, olatex25, bibijay123, bibi294
I dey feel you everywhere.
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
skillful01:
. I dey feel you everywhere.
everywhere?? when ayam nur MTN
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
melekan:
kai I will not fit to gree!!! if you guys donot want to comment. I'll drag you here myself with mentions psalmskiddy ( m), hoebamaa ( m ), specter ( m), zamirikpo ( m), Sheryf22 , Mc4larin , ccsnl , sunnydam ( m), PWEETYWIZZY ( f), ikombe, VERTER( m ), preciousuweh ( m ), wolewole200 ( m ), sweetpotatoes , Perfectionist11 ( m), anorexia( f ), melow , neighy ( m ), Hadampson( m ), baydok, AyarmBoye , coldster , Mirray ( m), Ayooluwawamiri , mareema( f), obontobolo( m ), princemozyk, SPDAZZY ( f), jeesprecy( f), AdetayoS( m ), melekan ( m ), psalmorado05 , mamindy ( f), bigbauer ( m), cyndylove64( f ), sotadegrt ( m )
Thanks for the mention , am here, how do u even knw I love reading stories
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
melekan:
Thanks for the mention , am here, how do u even knw I love reading stories
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by forzarush(f): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
dutifully reporting,happily following. Abeg wey Leche M?
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by olatex25(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:

mi guy.. I got dis, tnx 4 d mention
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
omoh mehn!i don arrive nd siddon 4 vip seat.hadampson tnx 4 d invitation.as una no say i no dey carry last 4 food nd refreshment is there any? wink
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Lankyannie(f): 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mk i no mention comment 1st till i read 3more updates.abeg hadampson reserve ma special sit lemme goan park ma bicycle well b4 ds town van ppl decide 2tow it out of d arena.tnx 4d mentionment.
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by SPDAZZY(f): 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:

Thanks dear, you are the best. Sorry for my seeming unavailability lately, been very busy. We gats catch up on the French lessons. We will discuss that in camera.
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:

My guy u na nl detective o shocked

u just dy burst in dy follow up any new story wey shele

and thanks 4 mention

Make i dy 4low 1st....afta exam i go come lead am
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
SPDAZZY:

Thanks dear, you are the best. Sorry for my seeming unavailability lately, been very busy. We gats catch up on the French lessons. We will discuss that in camera.
Okay love.. i will be waiting
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Azeequeen(f): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
Following

Thanks for the mention bro
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
Azeequeen:

Following

Thanks for the mention bro
Welcum sis, i don reserve one OGOGORO 4 u.. if u drink am walai u no go knw whr u dey.. ur leg wil feel lifeless, evrytin go dey cool, u go dey hear wetin buhari nd hz accomplice dey talk.. oya take am
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
Chapter two

And morning came and we said goodnight
And night came and we shared good morning
We are not flummoxed
We are only blinded by the grief of our mourning.

Beatrice sat at the front row in church, locking her gaze on the pastor as though she was comprehending ever word he said. But anyone who knows Beatrice Lawson and saw the distant look in her eyes would know that no one with that kind of look is anywhere near!
As she sits pondering over the midnight's activity , she smiled at her self thoughts as she mentally replayed the whole Happy birthday incident.
Kelvin, she had know was a daring carefree spirited being but she had not expected him to walk all the way down from his hostel to hers just to be the first to wish her happy birthday. Couldn't he have done that over the phone but NO! So not is Kelvin, as he keeps surprising her with new acts this pass seven months they've been together. And God! Wasn't the explosions after the first kiss magical?!
The wrap of his arms around her waist as he pulled her into ………
"And when we ask God for forgiveness of sin without total repentance from such acts, do you think God is like a part-time lecturer? You'll sin today, ask him for forgiveness! Sin the same kind of sin! Ask him for forginess! Sin again and again and again!!! Forgiveness only comes after true repentance only when we do repent ………"; The pastors words jolted her thoughts,bringing her drifting mind back to church as she bowed her head in shame "kai see what I want to start thinking about in the house of God! God pls forgive me ooo. And its this Kelvin self! He is just too good with his tongue and the way he rocks his! Ahh GOooood!!!! What is happening to me? Beatrice oya control your thought now?! " She cautioned herself!
Jolting her thoughts back and Waiting for the pastor to close the meeting by telling to Share the Grace!
She is no church worker, so she walked out of the church with such haste in other to prepare for her birthday party., Though her party isn't scheduled to hold till late evening, she knows she would be damned to allow Ruth handle the whole preparation. Not that she didn't trust Her competense but she would never leave the fate of her party at the hands of anyone. Not even her best friend!

Beads of sweat danced down the nape of her neck as she pushed open the gate of her compound. The friendly, inescapable Ilorin sun made sure she had enough sweat flood to drear her shirt wet as she walked home from church. As she stepped into her room after key opening her door! She stopped at what she saw

2 Likes

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by AlamienDagash(m): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
bro am *here* so dnt *fear* cuz whn u call i *care* nice stori lets *cheer* kom join me in suckin blood of a *bear* grin
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by AlamienDagash(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
AM in with moonwalkin. tnx 4 putin my moniker in ur list
Hadampson:
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2017
AlamienDagash:

bro am *here* so dnt *fear* cuz whn u call i *care* nice stori lets *cheer* kom join me in suckin blood of a *bear* grin
Ewww thats suck.. I don't drink blood..
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Happy birthday to u tohpahz.. wish u success, intellect, joy, riches, blessing, elevation, peace of mind, long life, gigabytes(lol) nd sound health... May all ur wishes come true IJN.. join me in wishing her 'happy birthday'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2017
olatex25:

mi guy.. I got dis, tnx 4 d mention
Welcome on board... Meanwhile Azeequeen asked me to give u diz marijuana...
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by tohpahz(f): 8:07am On Feb 28, 2017
Hadampson:
Happy birthday to u tohpahz.. wish u success, intellect, joy, riches, blessing, elevation, peace of mind, long life, gigabytes(lol) nd sound health... May all ur wishes come true IJN.. join me in wishing her 'happy birthday'

Thanks dear. I really appreciate..
I really need the gigabytes my dear
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by harameede99(f): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2017
Hadampson:
hunnie abeg tell dem say na red carpet entrance i want oo as olori hadampson no tym to dey check tym
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
I suppose quote everybody's name one by one and welcome you guys. but since way say I wan prostrate ni

I'll say ekabo!!!
e ba mi re ooo

thank you all for showing up

I promise to make it a bump less ride all the way!!!

I would have said this earlier but my airplane had battery problem and I had to come down from it and push

so I say welcome to my confusing secrecy of secrets
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by melekan(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chapter Three

As you slam the door of my heart at my face.
Only to realise you are the one standing on the outside.

Beatrice stood transified as she saw her younger sister Faith laying halfway on her bed. The manner at which she layed indicated she was lifeless. Whether to scream or shout, she was thoughtless. She walked fearfully towards her and lifted her arms up. To her surprise, Faith's arm came down faster than she could say flash!
She placed her index finger close to her nose, No Breath!! What movie is Faith acting? Ah an what is this! Faith if this is a joke stop it! But was it?
She sat up, turned her sister around and placed her hands on her chest in search of heart beats but there was nothing! Just limb! Just nothing……

Beatrice looked around then she grabbed her bag, searched through it and found a safety pin. She pricked herself a few times. Then stood up, walked out of the room and she kept on walking! Out of the compound! out of her street!! she just kept walking! She could not think , she would not think, she just kept walking!

What just happened? ; she asked herself
"I went to church, I came back! Faith should be in her own hostel! Who opened the door, who locked the door? What happened to my sister? Can my sister just die like that? But! But!! I saw her yesterday!! Just yesterday night!!
As realization began dawning on her and every flood of sorrow started washing through her brain. She stood at a spot and wondered what was happening. Whether it was the sun or confusion! She saw a blurry figure of Kelvin walking towards her and that was all she could remember as she passed out.

secrecy of secrets………
Beatrice woke up only to see her mum smiling down at her, she wanted to stand up but something held her down. As she turned to look, trying to figure put what was going on. She saw that her father held her down. With an expression of deep sorrow written all over his face. She looked back at her mother and saw for the second time that the smile she put up was fake, as her eyes had all the words said.
Gradually her memory began coming back to place then she turned and asked her father! "Papa where is Faith? " But instead of a response, she saw trickles of teats slide down her father's face. At that did her mother speak up. "You need to rest, you've been like this for two days, the doctor said not to think too much yet so Trice rest your head my child ";
She was about to ask another question when she suddenly felt her head go light and slumber was taking over but before she closed her eyes, she saw two men walk in, one on plain cloth, the other on a police uniform.
Re: Secrecy Of Secrets by Hadampson(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
tohpahz:

Thanks dear. I really appreciate..
I really need the gigabytes my dear
*sending gigabytes via nairaland blutooth* oya on ur blutooth nah!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get A Professional Certificate In Public Relations From NIPR / Lest You Forget, What Happened In Burma / Literature Bloggers and writers Get In Here! (join in creating a collection!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.