Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,387 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Is God's Unconditional And Unfailing Love A License To Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God's Unconditional And Unfailing Love A License To Sin? (329 Views)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is God's Unconditional And Unfailing Love A License To Sin? by hisunfailinglov: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
By Segun Akande

This is a question many often ask. And they ask not just because they don't understand what Grace means, but also as a result of underestimating His power.‎

Why ‘His’ and not ‘Its'?

Simple - one cannot call Jesus It. Jesus is a ‘He’, and Jesus is Grace.

But to answer the question of whether or not God's Unconditional and Unfailing Love is a license to sin, let's focus on the word 'Unfailing'.

The bible tells us God's Love doesn't fail.

What exactly does this mean?

It means exactly what it implies - His love doesn't fail - to guarantee our salvation, to heal, to overcome challenges, to empower us to walk in line with His will /word, to overcome sin, to release us from the captivity of negative habits and addictions, and so much more.

God's Love is Unfailing. In other words once we give our lives to Jesus we give him authority to reign over our lives - meaning we yield all power to Him as our Lord and Savior. This means the responsibility for the turnaround in our lives is placed in His hands.

Is this a cop-out? An easy way of relinquishing all responsibility and discipline?

In truth yes it is.

But here's the amazing thing about Grace (Jesus). He doesn't fail. Once we give our lives to Him he begins a work in us that will most definitely be completed. As you focus more on how much He loves you Unconditionally and Unfailingly you think less about your problems, challenges, negative addictions, and struggles.

I can say this with great authority because I've been on both sides of the fence.

During my years of cyclical drug induced debauchery, I was more or less stuck in a vicious cycle of falling into drugs and sexual immorality, followed by guilt and self-condemnation, followed by repent, fasting and prayer, followed by a eight weeks or so of cleanliness, followed by another fall; all the while constantly focusing on my negative habit / addiction, and hence constantly feeling scared and wretched as a result. Wretched due self-condemnation, and scared because I was so focused on it that I believed it was only a matter of time before I fell again. This went on for many years.

But now, as a result of my knowledge of God's Unconditional and Unfailing Love for me, I focus not on whether or not I may fall again, but on the truth of how much I'm cherished and Loved by my father in heaven. And as a result I live not in a state of constant worry and fear but in one of inexplicable peace, joy, and an expectation of continuous victory.

This doesn't mean I don't get tempted. I most certainly do, as do all of us. But the power of temptation and sin is neutralised by the sure knowledge of the fact that there's no condemnation if one falls; that God has already forgiven you, and will continue to love you unconditionally.

If you're feeling any form of condemnation right now I want you to remember what Jesus said to the prostitute - "neither do I condemn you". He then went on to say ‘’go, and sin no more’’.

In other words not only does God not condemn you (and he never will), but the key to overcoming whatever negative addictions/ sins you're struggling with is to Recognise, Accept, and Embrace the fact ‘there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ’. The very first step to your healing lies in you accepting and embracing this truth - Condemnation Has No Place In Your Life.

Once you embrace this truth you not only begin to see God in His true light of Love and Mercy, but you start to see yourself in a very different light - not as one wretchedly steeped in struggles, but one cherished and adored by God. And as you do so, not only do your desires naturally align with God’s will, but the power of your negative addictions/ struggles diminish.
Your healing lies not in your ability to overcome sin (Come on!! Think about it - exactly how much power do you think you as an individual possess
Peter believed he had the power to overcome temptation. But when the time came he denied Jesus three times!!

Your Healing, Overcoming, and Victory lies in embracing the truth of God's Unconditional and Unfailing Love for you.

It may not happen overnight. Indeed that’s very rare in most cases. But be rest assured that God's Love doesn't fail. Therefore focus not on your struggle, but on how much God Loves You. His word says His love for you is as far as the heavens are from the earth. Bearing in mind the heavens are higher than anything we can possibly imagine, it's safe to say that God's love for you literally knows no bounds.

So focus on that – ‘a love for you that knows no bounds.’
Click on the Youtube link below for the video version of this message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWc4YY7vItQ

http://www.hisunfailinglove.org/2017/02/25/gods-unconditional-unfailing-love-license-sin/

Re: Is God's Unconditional And Unfailing Love A License To Sin? by hisunfailinglov: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Essence Of Elaborate Meal Sharing By Members Of Celestial Church / God Loves You! / What Purpose Do Mosquitoes Serve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.