Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict (14610 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Yarnvibes(f): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2017
With technology in our faces, it is unsurprising that many of us are addicted to our gadgets. You may be very unaware of this devotion to your device. Irrespective, adults can easily streamline the relationship with their gadgets. However, for children, this is absolutely not the case. Children are straightforwardly fascinated and carried away by anything.

Technology is even worse because it has simplified access to the world. How? You can Google whatever you want on your smartphones at the click of a button. So, parents should be very concerned and worried because when children addicted to anything at a very young age, it may be difficult to abdicate it as they grow. This is why it is important to look out for some signs to ensure that your child doesn’t fall into the abyss of technology and stay there. You can nip it in the bud with these signs shared by Jumia Travel, the online travel agency.

1. Has replaced his book with Facebook
There nothing wrong with early exposure of a child to technology. But the mistake here is that some parents introduce it at a lump sum instead of gradually. If this is the case, and you observe your child always on Facebook instead of reading his books, it obvious signs. You should be concerned with his performance at school declines. It may be time to get rid of the phone.

2. Social withdrawal
When your child is meant to be playing with his friends, he’s either alone playing a computer game or on his phone surfing the internet. He is oftentimes doing something with technology on his own instead of building physical relationships. This is a sign that he is becoming a tech addict. When you notice this, try to encourage your child to take breaks and play with friends.

3. Complains of boredom
The question is can a child be bored? If they are not playing with their friends, they will play on their own! That are children for you. This doesn’t take away the fact that they can be bored. But if your child tells you that she is bored especially when she is not with a phone or playing a video game, it may be a sign. You should teach them how to engage with technology.

4. Spends too much time with tech
Your child doesn’t do any other thing than to spend time looking or playing with their preferred device, it is time you do something. For children, technology should only be for leisure not to be so attached or addicted to it.

5. They refuse to answer after several calls
A child that is addicted to tech will be so carried away that he will be unable to answer his name. In addition, he throws tantrums because you disrupt whatever he is doing. This is not good. It is better you get rid of that gadget before it gets out of hand.

6. Procrastination
Procrastination is postponing whatever you do for later. Notwithstanding, children shouldn’t be procrastinating. But with technology all over the place, procrastination is very rife among children.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/6-signs-your-child-is-tech-addict.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by veacea: 7:27am On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2017
let me wait for comments
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by djtommy(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2017
ok
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by TerrorSquad147: 7:28am On Feb 26, 2017
You may be right though, but there are more advantages of being a tech addict. Take for example, Mark Zukerberg or Seun. If their parents were always trying to distract them from being tech addicts, I don't think we'd be here commenting, creating new posts or uploading selfies on facebook. undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Phatbutty: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2017
We here
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Ubachinwe1(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2017
Technology has come to stay, children's playing has become obsolete.

If you aren't a tech addict what will you be doing on nairaland this early morning?.

Rhetorical question though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Teejayphillip(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
I hear
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by jjbest123(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
The Is Little Or Nothing You Can Do To Change It, That's The Age We Are Now. Technology World!
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Samexdx(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
Even some adults are addicted...
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by austin2all: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
They don't sleep at night

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by niyihawking(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
veacea, wetin you wan use the space do now
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by EzigboNwanma(f): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
So true
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by dessz(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
rally up with me if u are an adult and still possess no. 2,3,4. we are oneeeee. grin

6 Likes

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by finderofX: 7:31am On Feb 26, 2017
K
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by shamecurls(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2017
Exactly how I started in 1950
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Joefixy(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
Lol... true talk, I need to stop as well
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by shamecurls(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
jjbest123:
J

J for Joystick

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Mayboy(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
tech addict undecidedtech addict
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by yemzzy22(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
Tech addict my papa go change m for me lalaticalala
You have join bad gang grin yahoo yahoo business

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by shamecurls(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
R

R for Rod

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by shamecurls(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2017
finderofX:
K

K for Kiss

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by cbrezy(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2017
Lol This is just me cheesy

Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by stankik: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2017
Phatbutty:
We here
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by Sisqoman(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2017
Ok! yahoo on my mind?
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by TerrorSquad147: 7:36am On Feb 26, 2017
shamecurls:

J for Joystick
Perv...
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by uminem02(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2017
I rep number 2...I really need to change o
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by TerrorSquad147: 7:36am On Feb 26, 2017
shamecurls:

R for Rod
undecided undecided
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by jjbest123(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2017
shamecurls:

J for Joystick
J For Joy
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by pat077: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2017
There is nothing bad in exposing your kids to the latest technology at an early stage, but, addiction is what shld b curbed
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by babatee126(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2017
[BOLD] When you can't sleep without checking nairaland [/BOLD]

OnePlus 3T Review, Specs & Price ~ Latest Technology, Mobile App, MTN GLO AIRTEL and Etisalat Gist http://www.9jaboizgist.com.ng/2017/02/oneplus-3t-review-specs-price.html?m=1
Re: 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict by dlex21(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2017
My 10 year old brother is the perfect description

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. / Can You Trust Your Best Friend? / Linda Hope Panelists Identify Sexual Assault, Deprivation, Others As Threats Fac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.