Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? (963 Views)

Why Many Prayers Are Returned To The Prayer Himself, It's Funny / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / Same Religion, Same God, Same Aim..reduce The Infidèles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by richdaddy75: 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Christianity and Islam are two major recognised religions in Nigeria who preach same ONE GOD.

But I always got confused about God when I see Christians and Muslims praying to God.

When you watch christians praying to God, you will be amazed to think if Muslim also pray to same God.

Presently, special prayer is going on live in Kaduna State for President Buhari.

Most muslim clerics' style of prayer is different from their other counterpart.

Christians style of prayer is warfare, commanding God and killing the satan.

But upon all the prayers, Muslims arerecorded as more successful in Nigeria.

What do you see to it?
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Mememan: 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
richdaddy75:
Christianity and Islam are two major recognised religions in Nigeria who preach same ONE GOD.

But I always got confused about God when I see Christians and Muslims praying to God.

When you watch christians praying to God, you will be amazed to think if Muslim also pray to same God.

Presently, special prayer is going on live in Kaduna State for President Buhari.

What do you see to it?
I see confusion in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
We dont pray to d same God period!!!
Those things u were taught in ur early school days about religion are Rubbish. My God is not d same as d god of the moon

1 Like

Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by pressplay411(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:
Those things u were taught in ur early school days about religion are Rubbish. My God is not d same as d god of the moon

Lol whatever makes you sleep at night.
Clearly you forget Xtianity and Islam share the same old testament told from different perspectives. Same prophets, even Jesus/Yisa.

But why is it you just want to monopolize this God?
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
pressplay411:

Lol whatever makes you sleep at night.
Clearly you forget Xtianity and Islam share the same old testament told from different perspectives. Same prophets, even Jesus/Yisa.

But why is it you just want to monopolize this God?
Muslim dont share d old testament with Christians
Anyway d fact dat a native doctor quotes some scriptures or rather twist some scriptures during incantation doesnt make it to be my God dat he is praying to.
I guess u re not an atheist because i hate arguing any religious matter with big bang products

1 Like

Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Haroun13(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

Muslim dont share d old testament with Christians

True. Because it's full of distorted teachings of the prophets and messengers of God, and God himself, which do not conform to the teachings of the Qur'an, and hence, cannot be accepted as truth.

Anyway d fact dat a native doctor quotes some scriptures or rather twist some scriptures during incantation doesnt make it to be my God dat he is praying to.
True.

I guess u re not an atheist because i hate arguing any religious matter with big bang products

Salaam.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Haroun13:

True. Because it's full of distorted teachings of the prophets and messengers of God, and God himself, which do not conform to the teachings of the Qur'an, and hence, cannot be accepted as truth.

True.

Salaam.
Bros be civilized here its an insult to call the bible distorted. I hope u wont mind if i start raining insults on urs too.
But before i go let me drop u one line.
Who is saffiyya and wat happened to her family?

2 Likes

Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Haroun13(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

Bros be civilized here its an insult to call the bible distorted. I hope u wont mind if i start raining insults on urs too.
I'm sorry if it came across that way. But you made a statement in your previous post above, that Muslims worship a moon god, which I actually found funny, but someone else would find insulting.
Life is about giving and taking. You don't insult me, and expect me to speak rightly of you.
Anyways, I'll say such things in a more respectful manner next time.
But, mind you, respect is reciprocal!

But before i go let me drop u one line.
Who is saffiyya
Wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

and wat happened to her family?
Why don't you tell me
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Haroun13:

I'm sorry if it came across that way. But you made a statement in your previous post above, that Muslims worship a moon god, which I actually found funny, but someone else would find insulting.
Life is about giving and taking. You don't insult me, and expect me to speak rightly of you.
Anyways, I'll say such things in a more respectful manner next time.
But, mind you, respect is reciprocal!

Wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

Why don't you tell me
Lol anyway u re on point i threw the stone first apologies.
But wont u mind telling me wat happened to her family
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by richdaddy75: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
The point of the thread is:

While Muslim only recite or read or speak prayers, 0hristians shout at God. Commanding God and satan. Infact this habitual trait is always funny to me.

Christians in Nigeria have been binding satan since 1914 and yet I never woke up one day to see the street littered with corpses of the witches and wizzard.

Christians' style is warfare while Muslim takes prayer life so simple.

Yet, upon all the prayers of christians in Nigeria, Muslim are recorded as more successful people in Nigeria
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Aliyu333: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
richdaddy75:

While Muslim only recite or read or speak prayers, 0hristians shout at God. Commanding God and satan. Infact this habitual trait is always funny to me.

Christians in Nigeria have been binding satan since 1914 and yet I never woke up one day to see the street littered with corpses of the witches and wizzard.

Yet, upon all the prayers of christians in Nigeria, Muslim are recorded as more successful people in Nigeria
was just passing by before I saw this and I broke all hell loose with laughter. Funny .
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Haroun13(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

Lol anyway u re on point i threw the stone first apologies.
Mature mind.

But wont u mind telling me wat happened to her family
In what respect? You have to tell me what happened, because it seems you know, that's why you are asking.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Haroun13:

Mature mind.

In what respect? You have to tell me what happened, because it seems you know, that's why you are asking.
Lol Anyway i asked because i think dat if u think dat anyone is perfect u shud be able to justify all his actions
Anyway story for another day
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by tijjanioyan: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:
recesion don dey afect som ppl brain sha.Give me a verse in d quran dat says our God is a moon.u 4got dat ur god is a SUN,psalm84:11,u also 4got dat ur god holds council meetings wit idols,psalm82:1-2,let me also remind u dat evil spirits,work intandem wit ur god,1sam16:14-23,all quotation 4rm RSV.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
tijjanioyan:
recesion don dey afect som ppl brain sha.Give me a verse in d quran dat says our God is a moon.u 4got dat ur god is a SUN,psalm84:11,u also 4got dat ur god holds council meetings wit idols,psalm82:1-2,let me also remind u dat evil spirits,work intandem wit ur god,1sam16:14-23,all quotation 4rm RSV.
Ok bro but its better than d god dat supports a paedoppphile or a short pot bellied man who raped saffiyya and killed all her family members and d father of terrorism in d world. And at least u dnt see anywhere d sun is drawn as a symbol of Christianity neither do u see christians slapping their heads on d floor to worship idols. Hope i can say d same of the most peaceful religion on earth dat has made pakistan, afghanistan and northern nigeria d most peaceful places on earth
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by richdaddy75: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
tijjanioyan:

Haaaa haaaaa, this one too much nah! You don make me laugh by force
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by tijjanioyan: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

Ok bro but its better than d god dat supports a paedoppphile or a short pot bellied man who raped saffiyya and killed all her family members and d father of terrorism in d world. And at least u dnt see anywhere d sun is drawn as a symbol of Christianity neither do u see christians slapping their heads on d floor to worship idols. Hope i can say d same of the most peaceful religion on earth dat has made pakistan, afghanistan and northern nigeria d most peaceful places on earth
do u even read bible at all?read song of solomon8:8,u wil know dat ur god promotes and endorses paedophile,besides ur lies against islam cant stop islam from rising.dont 4get dat jesus worshiped by slaping head on d ground,matt26:39,and dat is d true form of worship,1cor 14:25,nehemia8:4-6.satan is decoying people from islam by means of terrorism,sooner or later its gona be a thing of d past and willy nilly islam is gona rule the world.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by zionmade(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
tijjanioyan:
do u even read bible at all?read song of solomon8:8,u wil know dat ur god promotes and endorses paedophile,besides ur lies against islam cant stop islam from rising.dont 4get dat jesus worshiped by slaping head on d ground,matt26:39,and dat is d true form of worship,1cor 14:25,nehemia8:4-6.satan is decoying people from islam by means of terrorism,sooner or later its gona be a thing of d past and willy nilly islam is gona rule the world.
U re d first person to quote d bible but wen i start bombarding u wit scriptures u will start shouting corrupted corrupted dats how confused u guys are.
Wen Jesus bowed downn did he raise his head and bow down again? Like u guys foolishly do. He only took a position of prayer.
As for songs of solomon u will be a dummy if u dont know d meaning of poetry and poetic terms. Islam ambition to rule d world is not a problem all we ask is dat they dnt achieve it by strapping bomb and blowing up everywhere. And wat do u know about ur father satan d guy who sleeps inside ur nose every night.
Pls who is saffiyya?
And wat happened to her family?
No muslim has ever been proud to answer dat question
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Haroun13(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

Lol Anyway i asked because i think dat if u think dat anyone is perfect u shud be able to justify all his actions
If you are talking about the prophet of God (peace be upon him), please tell me the action you feel cannot be justified, and let's look at it truthfully.

Anyway story for another day
If that's what you want, no problem.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by tijjanioyan: 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:

U re d first person to quote d bible but wen i start bombarding u wit scriptures u will start shouting corrupted corrupted dats how confused u guys are.
Wen Jesus bowed downn did he raise his head and bow down again? Like u guys foolishly do. He only took a position of prayer.
As for songs of solomon u will be a dummy if u dont know d meaning of poetry and poetic terms. Islam ambition to rule d world is not a problem all we ask is dat they dnt achieve it by strapping bomb and blowing up everywhere. And wat do u know about ur father satan d guy who sleeps inside ur nose every night.
Pls who is saffiyya?
And wat happened to her family?
No muslim has ever been proud to answer dat question
he he he!prsn we won roast chop e won rub oil 4body and go tanda wia fire dey.oya quote bible if i wont humble u wit reprisal quotations.poetry or not is songs of solomon,no more part of d word of god?u would be cheif executive DUMMY if u fail to xplain the 2nd book of Timothy3:16,if SAFIYA,is ur nightmare i wil regale u wit d story when i hav d time.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Nobody: 3:24am On Feb 27, 2017
In which part of the planet are Muslims more successful than Christians??

In fact some of you are so dumb you don't deserve to be replied.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 27, 2017
Distorted but the paedophile plagiarized it still.
Haroun13:

True.

Salaam.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 27, 2017
You are very foolish...

Now let me educate you, Chtistians dont shout at God, we only command the devil since we have power over him.

Muslims in their mosques pray for christians and jews to die. They pray for sickness and diseases to befall christians and Jews but remember God made a promise to Abraham saying "whosoever blesses you (Abraham shall be blessed and whosoever curses you shall be cursed); that s why all the evil prayers of Muslims have ricocheted back to them.

Nigerian Christians cannot in a million years be on the same pedestal with the Muslim counterpart who are backward in every ramification of life. Is it in education, science and innovation, sports, entertainment, arts? Lol I want to believe you're joking.
richdaddy75:

Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by richdaddy75: 6:53am On Feb 27, 2017
Omudia:
You are very foolish...

Now let me educate you, Chtistians dont shout at God, we only command the devil since we have power over him.

Muslims in their mosques pray for christians and jews to die. They pray for sickness and diseases to befall christians and Jews but remember God made a promise to Abraham saying "whosoever blesses you (Abraham shall be blessed and whosoever curses you shall be cursed); that s why all the evil prayers of Muslims have ricocheted back to them.

Nigerian Christians cannot in a million years be on the same pedestal with the Muslim counterpart who are backward in every ramification of life. Is it in education, science and innovation, sports, entertainment, arts? Lol I want to believe you're joking.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by richdaddy75: 6:54am On Feb 27, 2017
Mr Man, you can't compare Nigerian christians to the others in the world. The manner Christians in advanced countries pray is different to how Nigerian Christians operate. I've been there and saw the difference myself.

Here in Nigeria christianity is a scam. The point to note is this, in 2016, pastors deceived their members that if they don't pray they can make any achievement in the year. From Jan to Dec, it was marathon prayers all through. A visit MFM will prove this assertion right for you.

Now, 90% of those who spent the whole 2016 in prayer remain in same situation, no record of any achievement, no progress. Upon all revival meeting, crusades, vigil, fasting and prayers...all same.

Imagine two neighbours, one christian other muslim. At the end of 2016, the Muslim had tangible achievement but the other who spent the whole year attending prayer meetings never had any thing to point to as year achievement.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Haroun13(m): 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Omudia:
Distorted but the paedophile plagiarized it still.
OK
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by Blaqsuqar: 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Haroun13:

True.

Salaam.
One man would wake up one morning and tell you everything written before me are lies only what i say is the truth and you believe...smh
The books of the old testament were written centuries before Jesus Christ was born and before christianity but you tell yourselves they have been distorted,by who?the jews?christianswake up!!
Isaiah 9:6-7
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.
...the TRUTH can not be changed
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by genitori(m): 1:26am On Mar 01, 2017
The question oughtn't suppose to be that but this "Who is God ?" or "What is God? "

We have been saying that Muslims' God is different from Christians' God.

This argument does not bring forth any advantage but breeds haterd.
The question ought to be, "which religion teaches good moral standard? " It's obvious both religion do.

Christian teaches that if u r nt righteous ,u will not attain heaven. What does it mean to be righteous? In a nutshell, it means to live a life free from evil ways.
Islam teaches the same thing.

So even if u do pray 20hrs non-stop prayer, u spend half of ur day in mosque or church, or u don't miss services or prayers and so on and so forth and your ways of life is nothing to write home about: it's like pouring water into a basket.
All these are to HELP u live a better life.
NOTE: IF U CAN'T LOVE HORIZONTALY U CAN NEVER LOVE VERTICALLY.
This means if you cannot love those around u, inrespective of their religion, race, tribe etc, u can never love the God u claim u love.
Those around u are the "God" u serve. If u make them happy,u r making God happy and if u make them sad u r doing the same to God.
"Whatever u do to the least of my brother that you do unto me," so says the God you Christians claim u love.

In summery, if u are a Muslim or Christian or any other religion- for all religion teaches good moral standard - and u do not live a good life (u cheat the weak, oppress the defenseless, lie against the poor, steal from the general public, fornicate, mislead your followers and so on), U WILL NEVER ENJOY UR LIFE- u will ever be punished - IN THE UNDERWORLD. This is a fact, whether u accept it or not.
Re: Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? by genitori(m): 1:35am On Mar 01, 2017
richdaddy75:

Christians style of prayer is warfare, commanding God and killing the satan.

But upon all the prayers, Muslims arerecorded as more successful in Nigeria.

What do you see to it?

The question oughtn't suppose to be that but this "Who is God ?" or "What is God? "

We have been saying that Muslims' God is different from Christians' God.

This argument does not bring forth any advantage but breeds haterd.
The question ought to be, "which religion teaches good moral standard? " It's obvious both religion do.

Christian teaches that if u r nt righteous ,u will not attain heaven. What does it mean to be righteous? In a nutshell, it means to live a life free from evil ways.
Islam teaches the same thing.

So even if u do pray 20hrs non-stop prayer, u spend half of ur day in mosque or church, or u don't miss services or prayers and so on and so forth and your ways of life is nothing to write home about: it's like pouring water into a basket.
All these are to HELP u live a better life.
NOTE: IF U CAN'T LOVE HORIZONTALY U CAN NEVER LOVE VERTICALLY.
This means if you cannot love those around u, inrespective of their religion, race, tribe etc, u can never love the God u claim u love.
Those around u are the "God" u serve. If u make them happy,u r making God happy and if u make them sad u r doing the same to God.
"Whatever u do to the least of my brother that you do unto me," so says the God you Christians claim u love.

In summery, if u are a Muslim or Christian or any other religion- for all religion teaches good moral standard - and u do not live a good life (u cheat the weak, oppress the defenseless, lie against the poor, steal from the general public, fornicate, mislead your followers and so on), U WILL NEVER ENJOY UR LIFE- u will ever be punished - IN THE UNDERWORLD. This is a fact, whether u accept it or not.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ God? / Laodicea, Part 1 : Are You "Hot" Enough For God? ( Rev 3:15 ) - Paul Ellis / Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.