Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Orlando Bloom Visits Children In Niger Displaced By Boko Haram Violence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Orlando Bloom Visits Children In Niger Displaced By Boko Haram Violence (715 Views)

Katy Perry And Orlando Bloom Get Engaged / 2face Visits Solidiers & Internally Displaced Persons in Maiduguri (Pics, Video) / How A Waitress Got Fired After Sleeping With Actor Orlando Bloom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orlando Bloom Visits Children In Niger Displaced By Boko Haram Violence by chigozie391(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Orlando Bloom recently returned from a visit to Diffa, a city in the extreme southeast of Niger.
There, the 40-year-old actor and UNICEF ambassador spent time with hundreds of thousands of children who have had to leave their homes because of Boko Haram violence.
“As a father, it is hard for me to imagine how many of these children are caught up in this conflict,” Orlando shared. “During my trip, I have heard dreadful stories about children fleeing on foot, leaving everything behind, including the safety of their homes and classroom.”
“It is extremely hard to comprehend this situation when you are not there,” he added. “I saw the depth of the pain and suffering these kids are going through. This is not something any child should experience. This visit has been extremely moving. Every single child I met is affected by this conflict and in desperate need of basic services such as clean water, psychological care and education to help them recover from the atrocities they have suffered and witnessed. They deserve a childhood.”
Thankfully, UNICEF has helped many families gain access to clean water, education, psychological support, vaccines, and treatment for malnutrition.

Source :http://www.justjared.com/2017/02/25/orlando-bloom-visits-children-in-niger-displaced-by-boko-haram-violence/

Re: Orlando Bloom Visits Children In Niger Displaced By Boko Haram Violence by ANNOY(m): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
I can't believe am the first to comment.I would like to thank my mom(she's the best) and my dad with my 6 sisters.Am the only boi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[video] Olamide Blast Don Jazzy Again At Reminisce Concert At Ikeja City Mall / Kim Kardashian Makes Her Ocean Eight Wearing A Sheer Lace Gown Which Reve / Checkout The Photo Of JJC Skillz Mother (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.