Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion (2663 Views)

Atheism And Africa: An Incongruous Mix / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Proof Of Evolution: The Imperfect Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by DeepSight(m): 5:52pm On May 13, 2017
urheme:

exactly....the bold is so on point.........at least you can distinguish both but the illusion Deepsight is talking about sound like an insane one....i really don't know.....I'm only trying to understand this guy you know ......though i have been referred to go and observe a cadaver undecided........
how illusionary it must be for those working in the morgue undecided undecided undecided undecided .... kia!!! i really don't know

grin grin grin grin grin
I had to come back.

My friend the reason I asked you to go and observe a cadaver is one which should make you reflect deeply, for inescapably, that is what your body will become one day, and paying close attention to this gives perspective to the true meaning of life in that you can recognize in very stark terms that your body is an encasement only: little more than clothing - some rightly call it a cloak being worn by the inner being.

When you come to that recognition you will also be able to appreciate more clearly that what you see of others around you is primarily their cloak as well, and indeed, that everything in this world is a cloak. It is when you have this recognition that you will appreciate what I am driving at.

When this cloak is removed at death the inner being must stand naked and cloakless in the stark reality of all the living energies about it.

2 Likes

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by urheme: 6:00pm On May 13, 2017
DeepSight:

Now let us calm down carefully together and let me ask all of you three these preliminary simple questions: first and foremost, I would like to ask if you people are crazy. Are you guys really in your right senses? Yes, you heard me right: the question is indeed if you guys are crazy. You guys must be the ones smoking something - not me: and I say that with all sobriety and sense of seriousness.

For, if it were not that you gentlemen are indeed crazy, how else would you expect any sane and reflective person to perceive this world? From whence you know not, you opened your eyes made of flesh one day and began to see a world about you. You began to grow and your body became larger and firmer until you became an adult. You find that it turns out that your world is a small blue planet orbiting a red furnace in a universe of billions of similar furnaces. Everyday you live in this world is nothing but an astonishing and strange miracle, in all truth. Have you taken the time to observe your head closely? I stated in the OP that examining this very head of yours will unravel much about what exactly you are as a being. Yes, na me talk am: examine ya head. However my saying this has elicited nothing but mockery on this thread: but really a sane person must wonder why: do you not take a moment to pause and meditate to your self? Just take a mirror and stare really hard at your self, the eyes made of flesh, the skin which covers the bones, the temples and the teeth all of which will be empty and dry lifeless bones in the not too distant future. That entire physical make up which will all rot: become rotten meat and fade away, that skull in which your two seeing balls of flesh currently hang, will surely lie dead as an empty cage which is exactly what it is and yet you have the nerve to dare tell me that it is not self evidently a casing for a being for a short time: a casing which provides the being's experience of what it sees, touches, tastes, hears and smells, my friends does this alone not tell you that that entire experience is subjective and something that a being is observing through this casing and which therefore cannot have any objective reality to it: the experience of each casing being altogether different and when this casing dies and rots away what is the reality to that life which it just lived if not a short virtual reality experience, no? You are still in your encasements, perhaps this should be an excuse for your myopia, but for me it should be self evident to one and all that once this encasement falls away as it surely would, the human being must see and know its mortal experience for what it is: a virtual reality experience for a short time.

If you guys don't see this, you are the deluded ones and not me: I will however continue the thread step by step to expand on this matter.

There is no living thing that will not die...i call it a transformation...you call it an illusion or an empty cage....i don't know.
death is a natural thing, a reality..i don't know why you mystify it.

I better stay deluded with Christ...

If you say the spiritual world is the only reality then one can only agree with you base on believes or faith.

1 Like

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by urheme: 6:06pm On May 13, 2017
DeepSight:

My friend the reason I asked you to go and observe a cadaver is one which should make you reflect deeply, for inescapably, that is what your body will become one day, and paying close attention to this gives perspective to the true meaning of life in that you can recognize in very stark terms that your body is an encasement only: little more than clothing - some rightly call it a cloak being worn by the inner being.

When you come to that recognition you will also be able to appreciate more clearly that what you see of others around you is primarily their cloak as well, and indeed, that everything in this world is a cloak. It is when you have this recognition that you will appreciate what I am driving at.

When this cloak is removed at death the inner being must stand naked and cloakless in the stark reality of all the living energies about it.

This is exactly what the holy books says........so what is the illusion there ......Abeg i don tire.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by DeepSight(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2017
urheme:

This is exactly what the holy books says........so what is the illusion there ......Abeg i don tire.

The Holy Books dumb down things for the masses. So long as it works for you, cool. You shouldn't worry yourself about my musings.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Logicbwoy: 7:44pm On May 13, 2017
truthislight:

Guy, Long time.

How things? Been Long I saw you posting.

I dey. I have been around

1 Like

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by truthislight: 12:07am On May 23, 2017
grin

DeepSight:

Now let us calm down carefully together and let me ask all of you four these preliminary simple questions: first and foremost, I would like to ask if you people are crazy. Are you guys really in your right senses? Yes, you heard me right: the question is indeed if you guys are crazy. You guys must be the ones smoking something - not me: and I say that with all sobriety and sense of seriousness.

For, if it were not that you gentlemen are indeed crazy, how else would you expect any sane and reflective person to perceive this world? From whence you know not, you opened your eyes made of flesh one day and began to see a world about you. You began to grow and your body became larger and firmer until you became an adult. You find that it turns out that your world is a small blue planet orbiting a red furnace in a universe of billions of similar furnaces. Everyday you live in this world is nothing but an astonishing and strange miracle, in all truth. Have you taken the time to observe your head closely? I stated in the OP that examining this very head of yours will unravel much about what exactly you are as a being. Yes, na me talk am: examine ya head. However my saying this has elicited nothing but mockery on this thread: but really a sane person must wonder why: do you not take a moment to pause and meditate to your self? Just take a mirror and stare really hard at your self, the eyes made of flesh, the skin which covers the bones, the temples and the teeth all of which will be empty and dry lifeless bones in the not too distant future. That entire physical make up which will all rot: become rotten meat and fade away, that skull in which your two seeing balls of flesh currently hang, will surely lie dead as an empty cage which is exactly what it is and yet you have the nerve to dare tell me that it is not self evidently a casing for a being for a short time: a casing which provides the being's experience of what it sees, touches, tastes, hears and smells, my friends does this alone not tell you that that entire experience is subjective and something that a being is observing through this casing and which therefore cannot have any objective reality to it: the experience of each casing being altogether different and when this casing dies and rots away what is the reality to that life which it just lived if not a short virtual reality experience, no? You are still in your encasements, perhaps this should be an excuse for your myopia, but for me it should be self evident to one and all that once this encasement falls away as it surely would, the human being must see and know its mortal experience for what it is: a virtual reality experience for a short time.

If you guys don't see this, you are the deluded ones and not me: I will however continue the thread step by step to expand on this matter.

LOL grin

You just expounded on the conundrum that you are in.

Am still waiting, when you are out of it and ready to make sense by answering questions and stating logically the reason for ya faith, i will just be watching you.

I can appreciate your dilemma, you are not into design and or construction of any sort, if you do, some of the mysteries you feel are around you as a bubble would have busted.

You have never wondered why the Brain had to be a complex structure the way it is if it need an entity to live in it to make it functional.

grin

we are waiting for you. grin

1 Like

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Joshthefirst(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2017
DeepSight:

Have you ever closely observed and contemplated a cadaver?

Do people hallucinate, and if they do, do some hallucinations involve pain?

I am not sure you have contemplated this issue carefully, or perhaps you do not understand what I am saying.
I have observed and contemplated a cadaver, and I agree that the body is a physical house and relay for a spiritual being. But how does this mean life itself is an illusion?

Have you ever thought to examine the consequence of this thinking? If life is an illusion, and a subjective one, then nothing has meaning, and nothing is real. If life is an illusion then there is no verity, if life is an illusion, then there is no real life, and there is no real death. If life is an illusion then there is no point. Chaos will reign.

The human heart knows within itself, that life is no illusion. That's why we wake up everyday, we read, learn, enjoy, feel pain, and even try to write about life being an illusion or whatnot, and respond to antagonists of our thinking.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Joshthefirst(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2017
plaetton:

And I thought I was the only one who noticed. cry

Deepsight has gone full blown OLODO. grin
grin
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Nobody: 8:41am On May 27, 2017
DeepSight:

Now let us calm down carefully together and let me ask all of you four these preliminary simple questions: first and foremost, I would like to ask if you people are crazy. Are you guys really in your right senses? Yes, you heard me right: the question is indeed if you guys are crazy. You guys must be the ones smoking something - not me: and I say that with all sobriety and sense of seriousness.

grin lwkmd oooooo ROTf.. .... I love the part were u asked that you all calm down before you served them appetizer then moved on to serve other dishes... The main dish was exquisite.you are indeed a great chef
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by truthislight: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
Logicbwoy:

I dey. I have been around
Ok. good to know all is well.
Cheers & peace.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by truthislight: 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
plaetton:

I wonder whether this so-called illusion is created by the so-called one infinite source, the infinite mind, or, it it's just part of the grand illusion.

If someone claims to be living in an illusion, then based on what reality does one make such an assertion ?
In other words, to understand an illusion or make a case for an illusion , one must know what is real. The two must be distinguishable.

To repeatedly shoult that everything is an illusion, including your very thoughts on the matter, seems to me like just a walk into the twilight zone of mild ,, eehhm, eehhm, ..

True, If he asserts that life is an illusion and he being part of the illusion went all out to asses it.
Then that is equivalent to a mad man assessing his own mental state and that of his fellow patients and diagnosing all correctly.

If the sane sees that to be right, then they should exchange places.

Lol

@Deepsight
I dey salute you o. grin

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by DeepSight(m): 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
^^^ Your analogy of the mad man is not apt: there is no self evident equivalent visor which he is wearing such as is the case with each an everyone of us - the visor being your physical head.

If you are unable to take a cold calm critical look at your own head in a mirror and understand that it is self evidently a temporal biochemical mask which enables a being to perceive: and then to grasp the implications is that, I cannot help you.

It has been long, but we shall resume, step by step hopefully.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Odinani(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
DeepSight:

Did this realization change you in any way?
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by truthislight: 12:51am On Aug 10, 2017
DeepSight:
^^^ Your analogy of the mad man is not apt: there is no self evident equivalent visor which he is wearing such as is the case with each an everyone of us - the visor being your physical head.

If you are unable to take a cold calm critical look at your own head in a mirror and understand that it is self evidently a temporal biochemical mask which enables a being to perceive: and then to grasp the implications is that, I cannot help you.

It has been long, but we shall resume, step by step hopefully.

Apt or no apt, that is inconsequential. There are several posers waiting for your attention, Make haste.

Of what importance is this entity you claim indwells a person to the person?

Exactly what use does it serve?
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by DeepSight(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2017
truthislight:

Of what importance is this entity you claim indwells a person to the person?

Exactly what use does it serve?

This is an incongruous way to frame the question. No "entity" "indwells" a "person".

Rather, a person lives in a body, simple.

What I have set out to show, is that that body which we live in, is a mere mask, a sort of biochemical hologram, behind which the real person sits and works.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by truthislight: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
DeepSight:

This is an incongruous way to frame the question. No "entity" "indwells" a "person".

Rather, a person lives in a body, simple.

What I have set out to show, is that that body which we live in, is a mere mask, a sort of biochemical hologram, behind which the real person sits and works.

The Brain is part of the body i assumed, if so:

1. Is the Brain part of this "mask"?

2. If yes, what is the function of the Brain in relation to this person?

3. If no, is the Brain the person?

4. If the brain is not the person, what decides the actions or inaction of this person that indwells the mask?
(ie. What is the function of this in dweller that the Brain cannot do)

Succinctly answering to the above is pertinent to moving forward this ancient thread.

Peace.
Re: The Human Body Is Implausible, Incongruous And Shows Life To Be An Illussion by Magnoliaa(f): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
ow! that's the end?

I thought you were going to explain more. sad

There' are some things I find baffling too about the human head, brain and how we are existing.. and how we carry out activities..

Our personalities, emotions, will etc are in the mind right?(or subconscious mind)... But the mind is part of the brain (an object or a machine, whichever), so does this the make the mind a material thing? or how can an immaterial thing be inset into a material thing (the brain)?

But if it's a material thing, how then is it able to house things such as will and emotions and other abstract feelings ?

But surely we have those feelings (even though unseen). So we know they are. And those feelings we have are most times ignited by the physical e.g someone's action to you or failure or an injury. And then, the feelings ignited in the mind(emotional realm) will cause you to re-act (in the physical)

It's like both are intertwined.. **confused**

Where is the "link" between both worlds?

You're feeling hurt (unseen and caused by an emotional action), and it's making you cry? (a physical, real thing, water comes out from your eyes, it gets red)

What makes that possible? How is that piercing feeling in your heart able to make you shed tears? How does it happen?
DeepSight:

For, if it were not that you gentlemen are indeed crazy, how else would you expect any sane and reflective person to perceive this world? From whence you know not, you opened your eyes made of flesh one day and began to see a world about you. You began to grow and your body became larger and firmer until you became an adult. You find that it turns out that your world is a small blue planet orbiting a red furnace in a universe of billions of similar furnaces. Everyday you live in this world is nothing but an astonishing and strange miracle, in all truth. Have you taken the time to observe your head closely? I stated in the OP that examining this very head of yours will unravel much about what exactly you are as a being. Yes, na me talk am: examine ya head. However my saying this has elicited nothing but mockery on this thread: but really a sane person must wonder why: do you not take a moment to pause and meditate to your self? Just take a mirror and stare really hard at your self, the eyes made of flesh, the skin which covers the bones, the temples and the teeth all of which will be empty and dry lifeless bones in the not too distant future. That entire physical make up which will all rot: become rotten meat and fade away, that skull in which your two seeing balls of flesh currently hang, will surely lie dead as an empty cage which is exactly what it is and yet you have the nerve to dare tell me that it is not self evidently a casing for a being for a short time: a casing which provides the being's experience of what it sees, touches, tastes, hears and smells, [color=#990000]my friends does this alone not tell you that that entire experience is subjective and something that a being is observing through this casing and which therefore cannot have any objective reality to it: the experience of each casing being altogether different and when this casing dies and rots away what is the reality to that life which it just lived if not a short virtual reality experience, no? You are still in your encasements, perhaps this should be an excuse for your myopia, but for me it should be self evident to one and all that once this encasement falls away as it surely would, the human being must see and know its mortal experience for what it is: a virtual reality experience for a short time.

[/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Protest In Wukari Taraba State. / Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. / The Invasion Of The Funky Pastors & Commercialization Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.