Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,057 members, 7,953,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Viola Davis Just Won Her First Oscar Ever For “best Supporting Actress” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Viola Davis Just Won Her First Oscar Ever For “best Supporting Actress” (536 Views)

Actress, Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Wins 'best Supporting Actress' Award / Simbee Davis: MC Galaxy Raped Me At Knife Point / Jakie Appiah Wins Best Supporting Actress Award[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Viola Davis Just Won Her First Oscar Ever For “best Supporting Actress” by RoyaleR(m): 7:11am On Feb 27, 2017
Viola Davis just won her first Oscar ever for her work in Fences and she gave an extremely emotional speech!
The 51-year-old actress spoke on stage about the huge honor after being nominated three times over the years.
She said
“People ask me all the time, what kind of stories do you want to tell, Viola? And I say, exhume those bodies…exhume those stories. The stories of the people who dreamed big, and never saw those stories to fruition…I became an artist and thank god I did…. We are the only profession that celebrates what it means to live a life. Here’s to [playwright] August Wilson, who exhumed and exalted the ordinary people.”

(1) (Reply)

Best Dressed Men At The Oscars 2017 Red Carpet / Tonto Dikeh : The Explosive Interview Everybody Is Talking About / ‘karma Will Catch Up With Ladies That Sleep With Other People’s Husbands’ – Geor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.