Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Naira Records Shocking Improvement Against The Dollar – See New Exchange Rate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Naira Records Shocking Improvement Against The Dollar – See New Exchange Rate (536 Views)

Glo 2018 Data Plans Reviewed And Reduced–See New Data Plans And Prices- Notedwap / Exchange Rate: Today’s Naira Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity - Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira Records Shocking Improvement Against The Dollar – See New Exchange Rate by theinfong(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nigerian naira rose in the black market to its highest in more than three months on Friday, after several interventions by the central bank on the official market, traders said. The local currency exchanged N450 to a dollar on the black market at 1327 GMT, compared with 495 the previous day, according to Reuters.

The naira had weakened to around 520 to the dollar on Monday, before the central bank effectively devalued it for retail customers, in an effort to end dollar shortages. The latest improvement is as a result of the new forex policy announced by the Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday (February 20). Since the announcement, forex traders are refusing to buy dollars, pounds and euros as the crash is unpredictable.

And the hesitation to buy is leading to further fall. Analysts believe with the flooding of the forex market with estimated $600 million in one week, dollars may exchange for less than N400 at the end of next week. And if the policy is sustained, the exchange rate will become bearable and may settle nearer N350, if not less.

See More at : http://www.theinfong.com/2017/02/naira-records-shocking-improvement-dollar-see-current-exchange-rate/

Re: Naira Records Shocking Improvement Against The Dollar – See New Exchange Rate by hisgrace090: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
Change sweet shaa!
Oya make the fall continue.
Up Nigeria!
Re: Naira Records Shocking Improvement Against The Dollar – See New Exchange Rate by plainol(m): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
Irresponsible policy caused by the same government is now being addressed.

To me, they have not done anything sensible but are only cleaning up the mess they created.

They are like a Yoruba proverb, "Orisa bi o le gbe mi, fi min le bi o se ba mi" i.e "If you cannot improve my standard, leave me the way you met me"

This is a government that irritates me, I always pray they are toppled very soon. The backwardness is too much.

A government that allows essential commodities to become luxury is a very USELESS GOVERNMENT that needs mental checkup.

(1) (Reply)

NIRA Shuts Down Domainking.ng. Check Out Reasons / Success Tips: Is This The Best Advice? (see Picture Inside) / Thursday Nairaland Funtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.