Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Òle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Òle (347 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Òle by Kindoo: 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
AliD father was a lazy man,  who leave his life depending too much on others even his wife. He rise to find his way when hungry but never do anything meaningful with his hands.

ComiD
Good morning, Fath AliD

Fath AliD
Good morning. You are set for work.

ComiD
Yes, I am. Please, help me give this key to my girl friend, she will be coming today.

Fath AliD
Is it the fair and tall one or the short and slim?

ComiD
This one is a new one. Tell her, to prepare rice and dodo.

Fath AliD
Okay o.

ComiD handed over the key to him. After a while, Moth SeriD came to knock the door.

Moth SeriD
Ko ko (she knocked)

Fath AliD
Who is there?  Open and come in.

Moth SeriD
It is me, SeriD mother. (She opened the door and went in)

Fath AliD was lying on the parlour's couch, he sat up when he came in.

Fath AliD
It is you.

Moth SeriD
Good morning sir.

Fath AliD
Good morning. You are going to your shade?

Moth SeriD
Yes, customers must have been waiting for me. Please, when my kids come back from school, give them this key.  Please, help me to tell them that, the garri to drink is on the table.

Fath AliD
Alright.

Moth SeriD
Thank you. God will repay your kindness to me.

He shook his head and took the key. It remained one person. That was how it happened all work week. They submit the key to fath AliD or leave a message for some one. After. While the third person came and he took it will normal joy toped by their prayers.
Around  10:30, he felt hunger on that same couch. He stood to check the kitchen, no food.

Fath AliD
AliD mother left no food. I am hungry. Or did she not cook in the morning. She served the children. This woman e. And I am hungry.
(He sat on the couch he stood from).
I will go down the mecho, I might see someone I know. It is not your fault, if my family members had been responsible to me, you would not have done this. I too will have money I will show you.

He lied on the couch, and kept postponing his move to go out. Until he slept off. He was woken by a knock on his door.

GirD
Ko ko ko ko
(Around 12:05)

Fath AliD
Who is there? (He said sleepishly)

GirD
GirD. ComiD said I should take key from you.

Fath AliD
Alright, come in, take the key on the table. He told me to tell you,  to cook rice and dodo.

GirD
Thank you.

As she was going out, fath AliD stood up to go to mecho's place.    He walked as if he was cautioned not to walk. Hunger was eating him deep. He got to mechos work shed and sat quietly.

Mecho
Fath AliD, good afternoon. How are you?

Fath AliD
I am fine. How is work? 

Mecho
I thank the LORD.

Mecho faced his work but he knew why he was there.
Fath AliD looked as if he had an appointment with someone. Yes, he had,  with whosoever can give him money for food. He was there till moth seriD children were returning from school.

Fath AliD
SeriD, SeriD, come.
(SeriD ran to him)
Your mother gave me your key to give you. Just push the door, it will open. You will find the key on the table. She said, the garri you are to eat is in the room.

SeriD
Thank you. Fath AliD, we always see you here doing nothing, have you got no job or you are helping Mecho?

SereD
He is not. His cloth is never oily.

SeriD
Are you the boss?

Fath AliD
Will you leave for the house now or I beat you.

As he was talking, he saw a familiar vehicle coming, he dashed away from the children and positioned himself. They left for their house, talking about him.

SereD
He is usually with one cloth. Never going out to work as father does. His wife even has a shed but he moves about doing nothing.

SeriD
He has no job and he bother not to have. He hangs on people to keep soul together. When they drive his children from school, he drives them to his wife. He is lazy I think.

SereD
He might be there to beg for food or something? His children are very brilliant but they suffer from his laziness, looking unkept and hungry sometimes.

SeriD
May be. He is a load on his wife. And when he has little by giving, he drinks his eyes out.

As the car moved closer Fath AliD raised his two hands

Fath AliD
Twale baba, owo meji fe yan kan. (He began to pray in other to get money. The man who had come to pump his tyre, gave him as usual)
Thank you, you will always have. You will never suffer.

The man shook his head in response to the prayer not answering verbally.

After the man had gone, Mecho and Mechek came to him.

Mecho
Fath AliD, what have you done for this man, he always give to you.

Fath AliD
EmeralD will always give to me, he was my mate in secondary school. (They looked surprised)

Mechek
So you went to school?

Fath AliD
Yes, I did. Don't underestimate me o, I have good people all around me. You see, Emperor, the proprietor of the school, on the other street, he was my mate also. This man, the man that owns that waste company, he was my mate. DuchD, the first female SSG of this state was my mate. I have lots of them. There is no time I ask them that they don't give me.
(Mouths were opened as he mention those who held the state as his mate)

Mecho
If all these were your mate, what stopped you?

Fath AliD
What stopped me from what. If not for the people that took over my fathers land, I will be in wealth. While should I stress my self. My father, had great wealth, and I enjoyed it. I am okay, my siblings pay my children school fees and house rent. They were the one who established my wife. If I have any challenge, all I need was to call on them. I am a gentle souled man. I have good people  there for me.

Mechek
Are you normal?

Fath AliD
Yes, I am.

Mecho
You are not. Your life depend so much on others and you say, you are, sou, sou, sou what?

He was no longer convinet. The bitter truth. He rose to go

Fath AliD
You that have been working all day, have you made up to this? (He said this as he went). Why must you poke to my life, sobo... Let me go and eat jare. Moth AliD is put to shame now. 

Mecho shook his head, so Mechek, so the other man standing.

Mecho
He is such a lazy fool. He had opportunities but failed to utilized them. Instead of depending on them, can't he ask that they give him work to do.

The other man
They will never again, they had tried these many times but he always ruin it through laziness. I knew him before. It was when he could not pay the rent in our area, that the landlord sent him packing one sunny afternoon.

Mecho
Alapa ma sise

The other man
Then, he would dress like a prince, coming to shop by 11am, to take the money the boy had made, there he goes, drinking, flexing. He come around 7pm, off he goes, to club with friends. Never staying in shop, always spending, careless. Until it ruined, then he goes to zero level. I could remember three of such instances.

Mechek
Even when he came here, he got a gardener job over there (pointing the left direction)
He was always complaining, till he lazied out of the job, now no one will consider him for a job around here.

Mecho
Come to think of it, if he had put in good effort in his life as his mates he mentioned, he might be one of those holding this state now.

The other man
Maybe because when you see him, you see potentials in him.

Mechek
He did not develop it.

Mecho
If he had. He would be great for it. His life would have been  direct opposite of what he is now. Sometimes he may not eat a whole day, if his wife decide not to give him food and his givers did not give him.

A man who had been listening to them spoke out.

A man
A lazy man has no life, and if he has, it is not his, it depend on others for surviver, if they cut him off, he withers. Laziness is a cold robber, a silent destroyer. It deprives one of a bright future but make you feel you are alright. No man achieve greatness by laziness, diligency rules the world.

Lazy one, rise to the duty of your life.

Written by
OMOJUWURA (2017)

www.wurana..com
Re: Òle by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Great!!
Re: Òle by joanee20(f): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Hrp Letter Series : Letter To My Friend In Tears / Which Of These Statements Are Correct Grammatically? Book Edit. / Problems Are Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.