Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector (393 Views)

Nigeria Medical Association Explains Why Doctors Are Leaving The Country / 38,000 Nigerian Doctors Are Working In The Diaspora- Eko University Of Medicine / Paramedics: The Missing Link In The Nigerian Health Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
Good day friends. I don't frequent this room much though I see custodians of this room as sacred since they hold on to the health sector.

I went to a beer pallor all of a sudden a young pretty girl showed up with an electronic monitor saying she wants to do a health test for me. I oblidged her not because I trusted because I felt I should help her career. I gave her 100 naira and she said my BP is 108/68. And my pulse 86BPM. She shouted that my BP was low and she needed to give me a drug to normalize it.

I told the lady I don't take drugs without doctors prescription and found she studied geography.
What a shame.

It reminded me of taking my sister to the hospital for pyelonephritis, doctors and medical students used her to move stuff for 2hrs then prescribed ciprotab I could have bought in the chemist.

Doctors are folding their arms while lunatics are taking over their profession and they are going around moving stuff. Doctors must be involved in regulation instead of moving stuff.

Change docs.
Re: Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector by yomi007k(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Well ur bp is within normal range n u need no medication.

However bad as it may sound, it is not doctors' job to go out on the street to catch people like this.

I knw u hv beef wt doctors but dts jus d truth.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
yomi007k:
Well ur bp is within normal range n u need no medication.

However bad as it may sound, it is not doctors' job to go out on the street to catch people like this.

I knw u hv beef wt doctors but dts jus d truth.

Doctor should involve in legislation instead of moving fake stuff. Especially stuff that don't translate into better health service.
Re: Doctors Are Destroying Nigerias Health Sector by yomi007k(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
ponzihater:

Doctor should involve in legislation instead of moving fake stuff. Especially stuff that don't translate into better health service.

Well its jus the situation where we find ourselves in this country.

Im guessing u went to a teaching hospital cos dts where d stuff-moving occurs. Ideally, if primary n secondary healthcare were good enuf like other nations, u wont need to be there.

Legislation like u mentioned hv alot of work to do because some ppl selling herbal drugs n d lady u mentioned wont be spared.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Must Know About CUCUMBER / How Coca-cola Company Is Killing Us In Nigeria / What You Need To Know About Prostate Cancer In Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.