Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out (766 Views)

Order Fresh Jumbo Eggs & Other Live Stocks Now Click Here! / Order Fresh Jumbo Eggs & Other Live Stocks / Turkey, Duck, And Other Poultry Birds Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by eyesoflagos: 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
THE PRICE OF EGGS, OTHER POULTRY PRODUCTS TO FALL AS OSINBAJO PLANS BAIL-OUT FOR POULTRY INDUSTRY
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/the-price-of-eggs-other-poultry.html

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has promised that the Federal Government is planning urgent relief to poultry farmers in the country to save the industry from collapse.

This intervention is coming as the prices of an egg in markets go for about N50 for N70 from the initial N30 price.

Prof. Osinbajo gave the indication during his second meeting in the week with representatives of the poultry industry at the Presidential Villa.

The intervention is part of an urgent effort by the federal government to address challenges in the agricultural sub-sector in line with its policy on self-sufficiency in food production.

The poultry industry has had to contend with a number of challenges including an outbreak of Avian Influenza which affected almost four million birds in 2015.

It also suffered non-allocation of Foreign Exchange for the importation of needed machinery and other critical inputs, and high production costs in the industry.

At the Friday meeting relevant ministers and agency heads came together to fashion out how to bail-out the ailing poultry industry.

“The poultry industry is a local industry that needs to be protected urgently,” Osinbajo said at the meeting where specific measures were tabled and considered on how the federal government could be of help.

He said the industry should be a major plank of the agriculture sector and as such the Buhari administration would ensure that it got help regarding the challenges being faced by operators of the sub-sector.

In his remarks, Dr Ayoola Oduntan, the President, Poultry Association of Nigeria, noted that poultry presently contributed 25 per cent of the Agricultural Gross Domestic Product of the Nigerian economy amounting to N1.6 trillion.

He added that Nigeria was rated as the number one egg-producing nation and number four in poultry meat in the continent.

Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by Gurumaharaji(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wetin be price of egg?? Let d price of building materials , rice, garri and major food products reduce first...who egg help??
Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by adadike281(f): 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
until then, I reserve my comment. The poster above me, na wao!
Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by SalamRushdie: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
Gurumaharaji:
Wetin be price of egg?? Let d price of building materials , rice, garri and major food products reduce first...who egg help??

My friend Egg is the cheapest source of protein for Nigerians oo

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by Bugatie(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
Osinbajo administration is working!
Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by REDshouse(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2017
good news coming from Nigeria Now adays, from reduction in dolar rate to poultry intervention to increase in power supply and whistle blowing yielding positive result .... i bliv Nigeria will be greater with the absence of Buhari but sincerely I want him back and give Osinbajo all his powers while he take osi owns....

i mean he should come back and become ceremonial president... and by visiting owambes and attending to his health and families while Osi handles the Nigerian Issue
Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by dannybomb(m): 4:16am On Feb 28, 2017
slowly the man will do it, abeg buhari doctors. you guys should give buhari sleeping drugs to sleep till 2019
Re: The Price Of Eggs, Other Poultry Products To Fall As Osinbajo Plans Bail-out by jamesbridget13(f): 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigeria must get there. Can somebody pls tell him to extend his leave moreee

(1) (Reply)

Photos: First Time In 58 Years As Fresh Tomatoes Enters Lagos From Kano By Rail / Charcoal!!!local/export Sales!! Dubai Export Contract $250/ton.!!!! / Fresh Catfish And Brood Stock 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.