Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? (674 Views)

Can A Christian Sister Divorce An Impotent Brother? / Devilish Doctrine Called Christmas And GOD Hates It - Deeds of the Nicolaitanes / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
Malachi 2:15-16 '......,he hateth putting away....'
Matthew 19: 6 'wherefore they are no more twain but one flesh, what therefore God has joined, let not man put asunder'
Divorce and Separation isnt an option for any Christian, let us pray more that God will keep our marriages and homes!
I must seriously confess that there are cases where it seems there is no other choice: Can we endure a little longer, pray a bit more, take shits and pain, go for counselling before we make that decision God isnt happy about? What about the children? To him that overcometh 'he will give a crown of life'
I cast out every demon destroying our marriages and homes in Jesus Name! May we begin to enjoy our spouses, marriages and homes! Amen!!
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by RosaConsidine: 3:17am On Feb 28, 2017
While I agree with you that divorce shouldn't quite be the first option to be considered when a marriage isn't working out, I must point out that in some situations it is absolutely inevitable. You can't tell a woman that's being battered by her husband to "endure a little longer, pray a little more or take pain" just to avoid a divorce. What if he kills her in the course of one such beating? How do you want to condole her family; by telling them that "at least she didn't get divorced" when they know full well that if she had permanently separated from the batterer, she could have saved her own life

And that's looking far. In a marriage where the love is gone, isn't it logical that both parties start looking r love elsewhere, eventually ending up committing adultery, a sin? Which might have been avoided if they had jejeli gone their separate ways.

Besides, what does the Bible say about any appendage driving you to sin?
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by ifenes(m): 3:53am On Feb 28, 2017
Divorce is only a proof that marriage doesn't work. The coming together of two to form a union is common and when they disagree or see life in different ways they separate. There is nothing wrong going different ways. A sensible god will understand that I suppose.

What is the point of praying and to whom are you praying to? A god that doesn't understand that people sometimes need to move on with their lives?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
RosaConsidine:
While I agree with you that divorce shouldn't quite be the first option to be considered when a marriage isn't working out, I must point out that in some situations it is absolutely inevitable. You can't tell a woman that's being battered by her husband to "endure a little longer, pray a little more or take pain" just to avoid a divorce. What if he kills her in the course of one such beating? How do you want to condole her family; by telling them that "at least she didn't get divorced" when they know full well that if she had permanently separated from the batterer, she could have saved her own life

And that's looking far. In a marriage where the love is gone, isn't it logical that both parties start looking r love elsewhere, eventually ending up committing adultery, a sin? Which might have been avoided if they had jejeli gone their separate ways.

Besides, what does the Bible say about any appendage driving you to sin?
Hmmn I understand you quite well.
The Bible says 'a wise woman buildeth her house but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands'
Building the house starts from courtship. You see thats why we encourage all our single ladies to 'look before they leap'. Women rush into hell marriages today cos they feel if it doesnt work out, I pull out.
Marriage was covenanted and it can only be broken bu the death of either of the parties.
Our parents boast of more successful marriages than us without marriage seminars, books, internet not because our fathers by far treated our mothers well, our mothers were the heroes! They stood and fought for the children. Its complex really!
Separation is still few meters from Divorce.
You can see how the women today jump from bed to bed cos every relationship doesnt just work.
For sincere and serious cases, I advise they see a counsellor or their spiritual leader.
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
ifenes:
Divorce is only a proof that marriage doesn't work. The coming together of two to form a union is common and when they disagree or see life in different ways they separate. There is nothing wrong going different ways. A sensible god will understand that I suppose.

What is the point of praying and to whom are you praying to? A god that doesn't understand that people sometimes need to move on with their lives?
Sorry the debate is for Xtians!
We do all things in line with what our God commanded. No offence if ure not happy.
I see how sensible it is for adults to go into marriage for hours, days, weeks and months only to pull cos its not working...Shameful! Marriage isnt hit and rule; its 'till death parts us'
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Marriage isnt 'hit and run'
It is till death do us part!
Try to make it work...God give the Grace
May God heal all our homes..Amen!
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:
Marriage isnt 'hit and run' It is till death do us part! Try to make it work...God give the Grace May God heal all our homes..Amen!
God hates putting away! Husbands dont put away your wives: Wives dont leave your husbands.
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
Do all you can to make your marriage work! If you are just getting into marriage, one advice - Look before you Leap! If you would enjoy marriage, lay your marriage foundation in Christ!
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2017
SAY NO TO DIVORCE...God hates it!
Re: Divorce: An Option GOD Hates, Then What? by enshy: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
DIVORCE CANT BE AN OPTION..TRY JESUS!

(1) (Reply)

The Most Philanthropic Church In Nigeria In Descending Order / Why Are Most Nigerians Who Generally Hate Pastors So Confused And Hypocritical? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/05/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.