Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 (1182 Views)

Game Of Thrones Actor Max Von Sydow Who Played The 'Three-Eyed Raven' Is Dead / Akinloye Oyebanji Dies At 62 / Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by ideologies(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
“Game of Thrones” actor Neil Fingleton, who portrayed the towering warrior Mag the Mighty on the HBO fantasy series and was one of the world’s tallest men in real life has died.

He was 36.

Fingleton, a former basketball player who stood at 7-feet-7, died Saturday in the United Kingdom after suffering heart failure, according to TMZ.

He was the UK’s tallest resident and one of the 25 tallest people on the planet. In addition to “Game of Thrones,” Fingleton appeared in several popular movies including “X-Men: First Class” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

Before beginning his professional acting career, Neil Fingleton played college basketball in the U.S., first at the University of North Carolina and later at Holy Cross.

After college he was not drafted by an NBA team, but he did play professionally in England, Greece, Spain, China and Italy from 2004 to 2007.

Born in Durham, England, Neil Fingleton was confirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the tallest man in the European Union in 2007. He was officially listed at 7 feet, 7.56 inches tall.

Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 9 'The Watchers on the Wall'

He once explained what he believed to be the only downside of being so tall in a comment posted to the Guinness website.

“This is the only bad thing about being tall — the stupid remarks and questions,” he said. “Other than that, being tall is great.”

Read more http://www.ideologieshub.com.ng/game-of-thrones-actor-neil-fingleton-dies-at-36/

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by ideologies(m): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2017
it is well, Guys drop your condolence message
Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by bewla(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2017
R I o

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by abdulaz: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
RIP man.

I am a great fan of GOT.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by ideologies(m): 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
keep the condolences messages coming in
Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
RIP. Seems he first died in the game of thrones before real life demise. It has come to my notice that oversized people are liable to die young.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by Donshegxy10(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
R.I.P to longman.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies At 36 by Dreyl(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
R.i.p

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dj Aus In Nollywood: Wants To Act / Paloma Fan Club / Who Is Your All-time Favourite Villian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.