Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption (1690 Views)

I Need Number Codes To Reset Memmcol Prepaid Meter / How To Pay For Postpaid / Prepaid Meter Online With Irecharge / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption by dungas30(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
PLS GUYZ IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE NEW PREPAID NEPA METER IS SO SO MONEY CONSUMING THAT A MIDDLE FAMILY MAN CAN NOT AFFORD TO BILL HIS ELECTRIC METER. PLS CAN SOMEONE INTRODUCE NIGERIAN STYLE SOLUTION TO THIS UNBEARABLE FRAUD ? THANKX
Re: Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption by fav444(f): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Am interested in this.

This PHCN is pure day light robbery. The bill they brought to my house today was alarming, I didn't even know when I started exchanging words with one of their lousy, stern looking haggard staff.

Someone should pls tell PHCN that they are simply accumulating bad debts that can never be retrieved.

2 Likes

Re: Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption by joe4real12: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2017
I was paying Abuja NEPA every month until recently when they increased the bill from 5k to 18k per month.
I just dey accumulate their 13k monthly difference for them. They are CRIMINALS.
That's why they refuse to share prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption by seighapaul(m): 4:08am On Mar 01, 2017
joe4real12:
I was paying Abuja NEPA every month until recently when they increased the bill from 5k to 18k per month.
I just dey accumulate their 13k monthly difference for them. They are CRIMINALS.
That's why they refuse to share prepaid meter.

I don't think you read what the OP wrote about prepaid meter and it's consumption. For me, the major factor that'll determine whether i order for prepaid meter or not is the availability of power. If you are in a neighborhood with a long history of epileptic and poor power supply, then a prepaid meter is ur best choice (since you pay for the little power you get) but if you live in an area where power is fairly constant or above average, then I'll recommend you stay away from prepaid meter and negotiate your way to an affordable estimated bill.

Light is fairly constant in my area, those with prepaid meter in my hood are feeling it. My estimated billing has been pegged to about 4-6k monthly (normally pay courtesy visits to phcn officials twice yearly) and I don't leave in fear of regulating any appliances. My prepaid meter neighbors can't afford to put on their AC or leave their refrigerator on for 24hrs.

My point, I spend some fractions higher than prepaid users but I get to rest of mind and freedom in running any electrical appliances and still maintain my fixed estimated billing.

2 Likes

Re: Unbearable Nepa Prepaid Meter Unit Consumption by uc97: 7:07am On Mar 01, 2017
dungas30:
PLS GUYZ IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE NEW PREPAID NEPA METER IS SO SO MONEY CONSUMING THAT A MIDDLE FAMILY MAN CAN NOT AFFORD TO BILL HIS ELECTRIC METER. PLS CAN SOMEONE INTRODUCE NIGERIAN STYLE SOLUTION TO THIS UNBEARABLE FRAUD ? THANKX

Send mail to CPC (consumer protection council) explaining ur situation to them so that they can get disco to reset the meter to what it should be according to the law governing it.But u have to be patient for them to work b/c they take some to time b4 responding to ur request probably due to the high no of requests they receive daily.
They (cpc) helped me to reduce my estimated bill in the past.
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

USA USED LAPTOPS. NEW ARRIVALS / Fix Ur Bricked/signal Lost Huawei B310s-927 Routers / Samsung 5.1 Multichannel Home Theatre System For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.