Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,460 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar (24888 Views)

Again Naira Falls, Sells At N465 Per Dollar / Naira Appreciates Further, Sells At N425/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Ogashub(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2017
Even if dollar crashes to 200 naira greedy Nigerians won't slash prices of commodities they will lie about still having still having old stocks that the bought when dollar was 800... Especially this thieves called car dealers

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Cyberrex(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2017
getting better, get well soon our dear naira
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2017
Woe unto all d speculators. Una go cry blood
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by tolexy123: 7:27am On Mar 01, 2017
celestialAgent:
G
This guy dey try book space
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by DoyenExchange: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Let's be watching
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by tribalistseun: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Buhari should not come back again. Illiterate we don't want you back again

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Sanchez01: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
This is happening mostly in the East, greedy traders want to get rich over night by ripping us off our hard earn money.
I thought I was the only one noticing.
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by nwabobo: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Deal with the currency issue and then confront inflation. Some Nigerians appear to be taking undue advantage of the situation. [b]The prices of items, some of which have got absolutely nothing to do with our exchange rate, [/b]have been rising astronomically and these guys have found a convenient excuse in the cost of the dollar.

So a local farmer will not buy medicine, cloth, shoes, rice, milk, car etc from the market? If the prices of things increase he has to increase his commensurately to be able to afford the basics he could afford before.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by wristbangle: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2017
celestialAgent:
When next it will fall, it's going to 600.

As long as banks cannot afford to reactivate international card payment, western union remain tight, all this strength will not last for long.

If the currency is really getting stronger, let us transact freely online.

U have made a good point

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On Mar 01, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:

Oga I'm from the east tooand live in Maiduguri right now goods here are more expensive than southeast.
see lie!!!
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by GenbIoodykiller: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Deal with the currency issue and then confront inflation. Some Nigerians appear to be taking undue advantage of the situation. The prices of items, some of which have got absolutely nothing to do with our exchange rate, have been rising astronomically and these guys have found a convenient excuse in the cost of the dollar.
[/s]
mr sadist as bitter as you are you don't understand the basic principles of economics

ok let me educate you
Nigeria is a country based on importation of many things including essential products like clothes, etc

if a farmer sells to you his farm products at a cheaper regular rate will he use the same money to buy those things he needs aside his farm products at cheaper rates? this is a country where raw materials for producing local goods are imported and you say it won't affect local price.

use your damn brain omenka
thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by tribalistseun: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
This is happening mostly in the East, greedy traders want to get rich over night by ripping us off our hard earn money.
tribalism as usual

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by signz: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Theirs is understandable because they tend to import a few things that assist in the production processs. I was referring, in my earlier post, to things like "bushmeat". An antelope which used to cost 8k is now being sold for no less than 11k and when one protests, they are told "oga, dollar don go up, things cost"!

You are left dumbfounded, wondering what the dollar has got to do with some unlucky antelope! undecided

Baba, Hunter dey go market nah cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Doctor0071(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2017
Buhari wish to rule nigeria bt gods dnt want him, as him left gods free nigeria frm problem
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by dealslip(f): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:

Oga I'm from the east tooand live in Maiduguri right now goods here are more expensive than southeast.

Expect that from Maiduguri. It is a war torn area. Only few risk doing business in such volatile areas hence the hesitation to bring stuffs there for sale or investments. Off course plenty money will be chasing the few goods available. That is a perfect recipe for high price/inflation.
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by freeborn76(m): 7:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Thank you dear Lord!
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by GenbIoodykiller: 7:34am On Mar 01, 2017
[s]
ToriBlue:
[/s]

nonsense
if those greedy traders sells to you at cheaper price will they still use the money to buy those things from companies that import raw materials for their local production

use your brain sister it cost nothing to use it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Ogashub:
Even if dollar crashes to 200 naira greedy Nigerians won't slash prices of commodities they will lie about still having still having old stocks that the bought when dollar was 800... Especially this thieves called car dealers

I agree with you that some traders would still keep selling at old prices, but not car dealers.

You know why? For the first 2 months,they would act stubborn, but the moment other competitors start selling at 2 million what you are claiming 4million for, hunger would reset your brain instantly.

It's not wise to buy a car now, wait for 2 months. Prices would drop IF dollar rate drops and stabilises to a reasonable rate. It would be cheaper than now but not as cheap as 2015.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Alexrayz(m): 7:36am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
Do they also import food stuffs like vegetable, palm oil or better still yam?

What am saying comprises all these.

Just like d domino effect an effect on a directly on indirect effect b I believe they just trying to great a level profit level as regard those market dat are directly affected by d increase in dollar

1 Like

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by savagefinder: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Theirs is understandable because they tend to import a few things that assist in the production processs. I was referring, in my earlier post, to things like "bushmeat". An antelope which used to cost 8k is now being sold for no less than 11k and when one protests, they are told "oga, dollar don go up, things cost"!

You are left dumbfounded, wondering what the dollar has got to do with some unlucky antelope! undecided
they have to pay for imported things too and the prices of those things have gone up...oya tell me..if you were buying rice, phones and laptops for your children at a price almost double the previous amount won't you want to increase ur own level of income?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by 0rlando0woh: 7:38am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

When the cost of every other thing in the market has gone up and the hunter buys them, don't you expect him to hike the price of his only source of livelihood to make up for the higher expenses? Those expenses do not have to be directly related to his hunting

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by GenbIoodykiller: 7:38am On Mar 01, 2017
signz:

Baba, Hunter dey go market nah cheesy

he taught that hunters manufactures everything he needs themselves.

that's what we call recession and inflation because it reaches the grassroots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by HiddenShadow: 7:39am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:

You have started this early morning

What sort of lies are you dishing angry

Happening mostly in the East you have never visited angry

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by GenbIoodykiller: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2017
0rlando0woh:
When the cost of every other thing in the market has gone up and the hunter buys them, don't you expect him to hike the price of his only source of livelihood to make up for the higher expenses? Those expenses does not have to be directly related to his hunting

you're even educating him

the dude is suffering from a trauma thus no rational reasoning again

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2017
We need it back at 150 biko
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by 0rlando0woh: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2017
nwabobo:

Do a local farmer will not buy medicine, cloth, shoes, rice, milk, car etc from the market? If the prices of things increase he has to increase his commensurately to be able to afford the basics he could afford before.
Exactly.
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2017
Bro you are on point. Leave the ignoramus.
omenkaLives:
Deal with the currency issue and then confront inflation. Some Nigerians appear to be taking undue advantage of the situation. The prices of items, some of which have got absolutely nothing to do with our exchange rate, have been rising astronomically and these guys have found a convenient excuse in the cost of the dollar.
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by alizma: 7:44am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
if I sell 2 tubers of yam to buy an imported radio for #500 naira before when dollar was #250, the question is since dollar is now 500 and the same imported radio has risen to #1,000, what should I do to ensure that selling 2 tubers of yam will give me enough money to pay for the radio?
(a) sell 2 tubers of yam for #500 then borrow #500 from a friend so I could buy the radio.
(b) increase the price of my yam so that when I sell the same quantity of yam that enable me to buy a radio before, I can still buy new radio at the current price of #1,000.
(c) sell more yam than usual so that I can buy the radio at new price.
common sense is not common. your time starts now

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by MistaBabz: 7:45am On Mar 01, 2017
It's a nice action by the way that's what you get when a literate person is on seat. Unlike that uncertified.......
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Agondagabi: 7:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Hippocrates everywhere.
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by MistaBabz: 7:47am On Mar 01, 2017
That's what you get when a professor is on seat. Unlike that.............
Re: Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy vacation till 2023 to the nomad!
Goog job @ osinbANDE! Don't relent!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How Aliko Dangote Got Painted By Ayeola Ayodeji / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.