Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka (480 Views)

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Assemblies Of God Crisis: Paul Emeka Loses At Supreme Court / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka by Flexherbal(m): 6:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Assemblies of God crisis: I remain GS —Rev Emeka

ON MARCH 1, 2017

By Dennis Agbo & Chinedu Adonu

ENUGU—Despite the Supreme Court striking out his appeal against his rival, Rev. Chidi Okoroafor, Rev. Paul Emeka has maintained that he remains the General Superintendent, GS, of Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria.

This came as the GS of the church, Reverend Chidi Okoroafor, said the three-year leadership crisis that engulfed the church should not have been taken to court, but resolved internally.

Rev Okoroafor at a briefing at EVANGEL University, Enugu following the recent Supreme Court ruling which he said affirmed his leadership of the embattled church, said: “In the first place, Assemblies of God by biblical standards and our constitution should not have gone to court to settle an internal matter.

“However, ethics demands that when one takes you to court, you must necessarily answer to show your regards for this quintessential arm of government, the judiciary. This is exactly what happened.

“When our former leader, Rev Paul Emeka, unfortunately took the church to court instead of resorting to our internal administrative set up capable of resolving any issue, the church responded accordingly. ”

I remain GS—Rev Emeka

But at a different briefing in Enugu, Emeka maintained that in as much as the Supreme Court struck out his case based on two technical grounds, the apex court neither pronounced him removed from the position nor declared Okoroafor as the head of the church.

Emeka, however, said he had almost completed processes of re-filing the matter at the High Court to follow due procedure of application and service.

Emeka said: “The judgment of the court has never said I am not the General Superintendent nor did it say Chidi you are the General Superintendent.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/assemblies-god-crisis-remain-gs-rev-emeka/

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka by Flexherbal(m): 6:10am On Mar 01, 2017
"At first I thought we were fighting for God, but now I know we are fighting for power, possession and money. . ."

Kingdom of heaven.

Do you think Religious activities should be regulated by the government?

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka by rusher14: 6:17am On Mar 01, 2017
Ask them why they are fighting.

Shameless people.
lipsrsealed
Re: Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka by olagbemi118(m): 6:31am On Mar 01, 2017
See their lives outside...
Re: Assemblies Of God Crisis: I Remain GS —rev Emeka by Flexherbal(m): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2017
rusher14:
Ask them why they are fighting.

Shameless people.
lipsrsealed

We need pastors that are selfless.
Those who are willing to serve without financial gain.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Pastor Charged With 40 Counts Of Sex Abuse!!! / Why There Won’t Be Marriage In Eternity / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.