Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now (826 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: Buhari Government, Most Wicked In Nigeria’s History / If The Living Can Perceive What The Dead Now Know / What If God Was The Evil One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GodsMopol: 11:36am On Mar 01, 2017
I rest my case

Lemme add one more, Paul who wrote the Bible was an atheist, he hated anything God, but God showed him excessive mercy to the extent of giving him the privilege to write 2third of the Bible.

I would say, God is over merciful.

He obtained mercy

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Moreso, Jesus was merciful to the woman who was caught in Adultery when they gathered to kill her, I say again God is merciful.

And lastly, the woman by the well side had 5 husbands, yet Jesus did not tear her down because of that, but He used it as an avenue to minister the word to her, and she became an evangelistic ex prostitute.

Also, Rehab the great grand grand mother of Jesus, who was also included in Hebrews 11, the list of faith giants also was a prostitute, no to mention Grn 38, where Phares, one of the great greater greatest grand father of Jesus, was given birth to via the fact that Tamah pretended or disguised as an harlot and Judah pregnated her, and she gave birth to two boys, Phares was one of those boys, many say he was a bastard, but God was pleased to make use of that mess, and turn it to a message.

I still stand on the fact that God is over merciful, #dropMic
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GodsMopol: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Revelation 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

I gave her space to repent
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by LordOfNaira: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
GodsMopol:
I rest my case

Lemme add one more, Paul who wrote the Bible was an atheist, he hated anything God, but God showed him excessive mercy to the extent of giving him the privilege to write 2third of the Bible.

He obtained mercy

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Moreso, Jesus was merciful to the woman who was caught in Adultery when they gathered to kill her, I say again God is merciful.

And lastly, the woman by the well side had 5 husbands, yet Jesus did not tear her down because of that, but He used it as an avenue to minister the word to her, and she became an evangelistic ex prostitute.

Also, Rehab the great grand grand mother of Jesus, who was also included in Hebrews 11, the list of faith giants also was a prostitute, no to mention Grn 38, where Phares, one of the great greater greatest grand father of Jesus, was given birth to via the fact that Tamah pretended or disguised as an harlot and Judah pregnated her, and she gave birth to two boys, Phares was one of those boys, many say he was a bastard, but God was pleased to make use of that mess, and turn it to a message.

But a lot of people have died!!!
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GoodMuyis(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
LordofNairaland:

But a lot of people have died!!!

Are they suppose to live forever ?.?.?
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by LordOfNaira: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Listen to yourself. You said "If God Was Wicked, I Should Be Dead Now"

I am alive but what about those, even babies, who have died? Does it mean God is wicked to them?

1 Like

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by Pr0ton: 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
GodsMopol:
I rest my case

He obtained mercy

Paul wasn't an atheist before his conversion. He was a Jew. "For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion..." Gal 1:13 He had a religion. He was a believer of God.

Being a blasphemer of a conflicting belief wouldn't have made him an atheist because he believed in a God that Justified by the Law rather than by faith alone. You see, he was still a believer of God, a theist.

One sees him merciful when ignorant of his other acts like cursing a fruitless tree instead of blessing it...

...like jeopardizing an innocent swineherd's business by transferring demons into his pigs that they ran and drown in the sea.

He killed Uriah for obeying the commandment. He finds pride in smashing babies on rocks. He commanded his people to be merciless in slaying women and little children. He drowned innocent animals, babies and foetus for the sin of some wicked generation. He didn't hesitate to stop the slaughtering of babies in Bethlehem as a reason of Christ's birth. He commanded rape. He encouraged slavery. He was in support of stoning a man to death for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath and yet broke this particular law in the New Testament. And many more..

We've seen that this is wrong. We've seen that he is over merciful and gravely wicked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GodsMopol: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Listen to yourself. You said "If God Was Wicked, I Should Be Dead Now"

I am alive but what about those, even babies, who have died? Those it mean God is wicked to them?

What am trying to say through the post is, if God was wicked, He should have killed all atheist as He does in the old testament, but glory be to God for sending Jesus
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GodsMopol: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
[]Paul wasn't an atheist before his conversion. He was a Jew. "For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion..." Gal 1:13 He had a religion. He was a believer of God.[/quote]

My reference to him as an atheist stems from the fact he hated and casted so many Christians to prison
Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

[]Being a blasphemer of a conflicting belief wouldn't have made him an atheist because he believed in a God that Justified by the Law rather than by faith alone. You see, he was still a believer of God, a theist.[/quote]

He was a thiest with a wrong belief which was justifiable to him. I believe you were once a thirst, you weren't born atheist, along the line, so beliefs kept you afar, and I would still consider you a thirst, but with a changed mindset about what you should have known, but you delighted in going about it via the human reasoning

[]One sees him merciful when ignorant of his other acts like cursing a fruitless tree instead of blessing it...[/quote]

Dude, have you heard of deforestation

[]...like jeopardizing an innocent swineherd's business by transferring demons into his pigs that they ran and drown in the sea.
[/quote]

He's Lord over all

[]He killed Uriah for obeying the commandment. He finds pride in smashing babies on rocks. He commanded his people to be merciless in slaying women and little children. He drowned innocent animals, babies and foetus for the sin of some wicked generation. He didn't hesitate to stop the slaughtering of babies in Bethlehem as a reason of Christ's birth. He commanded rape. He encouraged slavery. He was in support of stoning a man to death for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath and yet broke this particular law in the New Testament. And many more..
[/quote]

David killed Urrah and if you meant Uzzah, the Bible said, he was killed for his error, God looks at the heart, his heart was set at committing the sin, and it was a law no one should, I think we have lawyers who cast people into prisons for breaking the law, and we think they are fair, I believe God was fair.

Guy, are you serious, the two killing that was associated with the birth of Jesus and the Birth of Moses was commanded by men, sinful men that does not have their bearing God

[]We've seen that this is wrong. We've seen that he is over merciful and gravely wicked.[/quote]

I know God is faithful and merciful even till date to a faithless generation.
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by mumumugu(m): 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
no wonda atheist know the bible more than theist. God let an atheist write the bible and many theist unable to interprete it well.

The op god must be as amusing or fulish as d op.
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by frank317: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

you actually didnt think through his question before replying right?
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by obinna58(m): 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
GodsMopol:

What am trying to say through the post is, if God was wicked, He should have killed all atheist as He does in the old testament, but glory be to God for sending Jesus

I tell u

1 Like

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by frank317: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
if God is wicked you should be dead by now....

a lot of people have died, even innocent kids...

that means God is wicked...

the op just confirmed that his God is wicked.

3 Likes

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
frank317:

Hahahaha,,,, you badt gaan oo. No chil

1 Like

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GoodMuyis(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2017
frank317:

People dying does not invalidate God kindness, afterall many people cause their own death or death of other people,
=> deliberately or accidentally
=> by their action or inaction
Those who do it deliberately do that at their own self freewill that cant disfranchise. Yourself became Anti-God by your own freewill, if God is not unkind you wont get that (which is the point of OP), but he Give you freewill among other things.

But Have you taken time to do rethinking
God Does not exist Yet he is wicked
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by frank317: 8:53am On Mar 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

People dying does not invalidate God kindness, afterall many people cause their own death or death of other people,
=> deliberately or accidentally
=> by their action or inaction
Those who do it deliberately do that at their own self freewill that cant disfranchise.
This contradicts the op. If you admit that people dying does not invalidate God's kindness... It also implies that me being alive does not make God kind. It's either you accept God has nothing to do with our living or dying, or you accept he has all to download with it. If he has nothing to do with people's death, don't you think he has nothing to do with their living too? Just think for once.

Yourself became Anti-God by your own freewill, if God is not unkind you wont get that (which is the point of OP), but he Give you freewill among other things.

Listen to yourself? Wait let me ask... If I am anti-God and decided to kill myself, would you say it has anything to do with God? Who the hell needs his stupid free will? Your exists in ur head, hence has not power to do anything to my living or dying.

But Have you taken time to do rethinking
God Does not exist Yet he is wicked

Have u taken time to think? God exists and you think he is not wicked?

If you think my saying God is wicked implies indirectly accepting he exists... That means you are also indirectly accepting he is wicked right?

Since we are talking about a God you believe in will you be alright if I use Dog in place of God so that you will be convinced I don't believe he exists?
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2017
frank317:

Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GoodMuyis(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2017
frank317:

This contradicts the op...

I tried to read you but your writeup looks like complains. But if you wanted to reverse the Word God to Dog, that is not a problem, enjoy the Dog show below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DozaJns_z0
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2017
frank317:

The problem with religionists is that they can construct a simple deductive reasoning like this one.

People die anyway, that makes God what?

All men that ever lived died.

But someone thinks God is not wicked because I'm temporarily alive?

It just shows how illogical religious people can be.
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by frank317: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I tried to read you but your writeup looks like complains. But if you wanted to reverse the Word God to Dog, that is not a problem, enjoy the Dog show below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DozaJns_z0

Your level of reasoning is tiring. I am trying to argue with u why I think your God does not exist and at my mention of the word God, your feeble brain quickly concludes for you that perhaps I think he exists.
Perhaps I should be replacing the word God with Dog to avoid ur brain from being confused.
Re: If God Was Wicked, You Should Be Dead Now by GoodMuyis(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2017
frank317:

Your level of reasoning is tiring. I am trying to argue with u why I think your God does not exist and at my mention of the word God, your feeble brain quickly concludes for you that perhaps I think he exists.
Perhaps I should be replacing the word God with Dog to avoid ur brain from being confused.

Argue with me? I'll rather spend the effort coding in QBasic. I can only spare the effort if you are as intelligent as Seun or hopefulLandlord, but till them I an only school you wink

Bye

(1) (Reply)

The World Will End In September 2017. / Ifeanyi Adefarasin Reveals TD Jakes Is Of Igbo Descent / Man Vomits Needles In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.