Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? (688 Views)

7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / 10 Grammatical Jargons Often Used By Nigerians. / Sex For Grade: Dr. Boniface Igbeneghu’s Facebook Page Stormed By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigerians not the Employers have successfully graded 2.2 as poor grade. The main reason why employment (private) is always benched at 2.1 is because of the overwhelming numbers of 2.1.

What is 2.2?

But before you define 2.2, don't forget the percentage of candidates who achieve upper second-class honours can vary widely by degree SUBJECT, as well as by university

Below is British undergraduate degree classification Nigeria is using

First-class honours (1st, 1 or I) – typically 70% or higher

Second-class honours, upper division (2:1, 2i or II-1) – typically 60–69%

Second-class honours, lower division (2:2, 2ii or II-2) – typically 50–59%

Third-class honours (3rd, 3 or III) – typically 40–49%
Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by Histrings08(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
I'm not poor, I've not worked with my certificate yet nd whenever I'm ready God will make a way..

1 Like

Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by sinaj(f): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Examination result isn't really the reflection of one's intelligence as many think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by ShaqFu: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
sinaj:
Examination result isn't really the reflection of one's intelligence as many think.
I'm curious to ask what is the reflection of one's intelligence, if examination isn't?.
Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by sinaj(f): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
ShaqFu:
I'm curious to ask what is the reflection of one's intelligence, if examination isn't?.
Having a poor grade is not just as a result of one not being intelligent or smart enough as there are some other factors which can lead to it.

Most times the exams been conducted is based on speed. So does it mean that a person who knows the answer to all the question but got a poor grade because he wasn't fast enough to finish is poor intellectually?

A Prof. also a HRM was invited to a job interview which was limited to just 1st class nd 2.1 had to convince the firm to make everyone participate coz he understands the system.
At the end of the day, those in 2.2 nd 3rd class performed better than the first class candidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by ShaqFu: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
sinaj:
Having a poor grade is not just as a result of one not being intelligent or smart enough as there are some other factors which can lead to it.

Most times the exams been conducted is based on speed. So does it mean that a person who knows the answer to all the question but got a poor grade because he wasn't fast enough to finish is poor intellectually?

A Prof. also a HRM was invited to a job interview which was limited to just 1st class nd 2.1 had to convince the firm to make everyone participate coz he understands the system.
At the end of the day, those in 2.2 nd 3rd class performed better than the first class candidate.
I know and understand your point. But you still haven't answered my question. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by sinaj(f): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
ShaqFu:
I know and understand your point. But you still haven't answered my question. smiley
Test that suits the persons ability tongue
Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by ShaqFu: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
sinaj:
Test that suits the persons ability tongue
I see. Even if that 'ability' isn't holistic.

Em, what's your ability, if I may ask? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by dipupo2289(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Class of degree wahala, i had a 3rd class and i have worked with 2 multinationals, however, I'm taking another BSC presently and working so hard for history not to repeat itself...
Re: Why Is 2.2 Graded POOR By Nigerians? by encryptjay(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
ShaqFu:
I see. Even if that 'ability' isn't holistic.

Em, what's your ability, if I may ask? smiley
Telepathy grin

(1) (Reply)

Atbu Lecturer Dies In A Motor Accident / See Some Screenshots Of What Is Trending About Futo Students / Enroll For Ijmb Now And Secure 200level Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.