Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. (6423 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / The Pantheist Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
My quest for God and evidence of its existence took over a decade of research, and I came to a conclusion that there was no God. I was wrong, not because I now believe there is a personal God, as its taught in Christianism and Islam as well as other religions. There is no evidence to proof that there is a personal God at this moment, that supervises what we do and met out judgment from a throne. I have found compelling evidence that God is energy, the core of our beingness and each of us, is a spark of God at our core.

On this thread, I will be explaining to my friends, who are still atheists, that there are things called vampires, and we can actually make vampires out of our soul. That there are things called demons, ghosts, and their effects, activities and actions can not be ignored based on sciences.

We will also expound on the subject of Consciosness, Speed of consciousness, Light, Speed of Light and Soul as the man behind identity. The ego, as a product of the mind and the thought forms.

I hope that we all keep an open mind and discuss so civil on this. Bearing in mind that Logic, language, calculations, maths are all regulated by the left hemisphere of our brains, the modulator of the conscious mind, but intuition, impulses, spirituality etc are controlled by the right hemisphere of the brain. While the right hemisphere is seat of Soul, the left controls our senses and our physical body.

Lets hope this will bring to fore, the reason that some atheist, whose right brain hemisphere has not developed will NEVER understand what you mean when you mention spirituality. They are totally dysfunctional in that regards and almost always narcissistic, a by-product of logic without compromise of the seat of the sub-conscious.

To be continued when the students are ready.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
Following
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
This is gonna be thrilling. Will contribute when there's a need to.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
A good note on which to begin this discussion, is to first do an introduction of my atheistic identity.

I lack belief in god and all the concepts, that god idea is metamorphosing to.

I belong to the class of atheist, now called "New atheists".

Are you a pantheist that subscribe to philosophical or religious concepts of pantheism.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
HenryDion:
This is gonna be thrilling. Will contribute when there's a need to.
It is going to be.

2 Likes

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:
A good note on which to begin this discussion, is to first do an introduction of my atheistic identity.

I lack belief in god and all the concepts, that god idea is metamorphosing to.

I belong to the class of atheist, now called "New atheists".

Are you a pantheist that subscribe to philosophical or religious concepts of pantheism.

I do not like branding and labels. But there is no way I could hold this discourse without a label, and the closest label I could find for myself is "Pantheism". For now, that is best approach to understanding the underlying principles in the Universe. My study of String Theory and Biogenesis, has truly opened my eyes to existence of consciousness. And I will present to you, consciousness based on science. When you are ready to get us started.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by tracrbloc: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tuning in from OUAGADOUGOU...
Oga Billyonaire, no reply from you as per my request to be your faithful CHELA. Bah wahala, there is GOD O!
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

I do not like branding and labels. But there is no way I could hold this discourse without a label, and the closest label I could find for myself is "Pantheism". For now, that is best approach to understanding the underlying principles in the Universe. My study of String Theory and Biogenesis, has truly opened my eyes to existence of consciousness. And I will present to you, consciousness based on science. When you are ready to get us started.
Let's start from the very first word of the thread - god. We shall progress to consciousness.

What's god?

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
tracrbloc:
Tuning in from OUAGADOUGOU...
Oga Billyonaire, no reply from you as per my request to be your faithful CHELA. Bah wahala, there is GOD O!
No vex my brother. I am always here.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by tracrbloc: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
No vex my brother. I am always here.
No problemo. I pray for more strenght and encouragement to you, so you can continue the great work you are doing here undetered.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:

Let's start from the very first word of the thread - god. We shall progress to consciousness.

What's god?

God - Source Energy
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Akintom, you are silent. Do we have time for silence ? If you are satisfied with my definition of God, then it means you agree.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

God - Source Energy

Sun can be a source of electrical energy.

Sun is real, so also is electricity.

Can you expatiate on this God - source energy.

Pls bear in mind that one of the purpose of discussion on public forum, is education of the audience (most of whom are unfamiliar with specialized jargons).

Much as the concepts we are going to be touching on, comes with peculiar jargons, i will elect to use simple means of communication (while still retaining the import of my idea), so that the benefits of this discussion will not be lost.

I hope you do same.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Akintom, you are silent. Do we have time for silence ? If you are satisfied with my definition of God, then it means you agree.
You might not get instant reply from me, because am equally on some other endeavors.

The discussion can go on per the time permissible to both of us.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:

Sun can be a source of electrical energy.

Sun is real, so also is electricity.

Can you expatiate on this God - source energy.

Pls bear in mind that one of the purpose of discussion on public forum, is education of the audience (most of whom are unfamiliar with specialized jargons).

Much as the concepts we are going to be touching on, comes with peculiar jargons, i will elect to use simple means of communication (while still retaining the import of my idea), so that the benefits of this discussion will not be lost.

I hope you do same.

Energy can be converted from one form to another, but can not be created no destroyed. The Sun derives its energy from nuclear fission. What happens in the sun is energy conversion. The Sun is not the source of the energy it converts, Helium and Hydrogen are. There are billions of Suns in the Universe.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
The conversation isnt really, rapid, so I will be checking on this thread from time to time. Fishes to fry. Other atheists are free to air their understanding. I have been there for over a decade, so I am your friend. We can talk.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Following
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Niflheim(m): 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
@Billyonaire,

"I hope that we all keep an open mind and discuss so civil on this. Bearing in mind that Logic, language, calculations, maths are all regulated by the left hemisphere of our brains"...........................................................What you said just now is a f.ucking myth!!!

Read the following link:......................................................http://www.popsci.com/10-brain-myths-busted?image=9
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
Niflheim:
@Billyonaire,

"I hope that we all keep an open mind and discuss so civil on this. Bearing in mind that Logic, language, calculations, maths are all regulated by the left hemisphere of our brains"...........................................................What you said just now is a f.ucking myth!!!

Read the following link:......................................................http://www.popsci.com/10-brain-myths-busted?image=9

Dont post any links on this thread. If you have no personal opinion, please leave the thread. We are here for perspectives, not for argument on who wins. If you belong to that level of thought, then I am not going to exchange words with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
It is going to be.

It takes faith and personal experiences to believe there's God.. I do hope one day, you'll have such an experience and come back to tell us..
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
transit4:

It takes faith and personal experiences to believe there's God.. I do hope one day, you'll have such an experience and come back to tell us..

shocked shocked shocked I do not have to 'believe' in God. I know what God is. Just that our perspectives are different.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
The conversation isnt really, rapid, so I will be checking on this thread from time to time. Fishes to fry. Other atheists are free to air their understanding. I have been there for over a decade, so I am your friend. We can talk.
Am surprised that you raised the issue of rapidity. You're particularly not bringing flow to the discussion.
I asked you what's god? And all you came up with is God - source energy.

How does that make sense in a discussion?

You will have to make a summary presentation of your idea, if you want us to have meaningful discussion.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

Energy can be converted from one form to another, but can not be created no destroyed. The Sun derives its energy from nuclear fission. What happens in the sun is energy conversion. The Sun is not the source of the energy it converts, Helium and Hydrogen are. There are billions of Suns in the Universe.
are we discussing the sun here? I used it as an analogy, and now that you're delving into irrelevance, i hope you will be able to keep this discussion in focus.

I will ask again, what's god in the pantheitic concept?
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:

Am surprised that you raised the issue of rapidity. You're particularly not bringing flow to the discussion.
I asked you what's god? And all you came up with is God - source energy.

How does that make sense in a discussion?

You will have to make a summary presentation of your idea, if you want us to have meaningful discussion.

There goes the toxicity. Typical of discussions with atheists.

If you need a lengthy response to latch on and criticize then you are discussing with the wrong person. Like I said, I was a better atheist.

God is Source Energy

I am a very busy person. You asked me to open a thread about God and Consciousness and I did. Then all of a sudden, you have become very busy than me.

Whenever you are ready, mention me and I will find time to be here.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
There goes the toxicity. Typical of discussions with atheists.

If you need a lengthy response to latch on and criticize then you are discussing with the wrong person. Like I said, I was a better atheist.

God is Source Energy

I am a very busy person. You asked me to open a thread about God and Consciousness and I did. Then all of a sudden, you have become very busy than me.

Whenever you are ready, mention me and I will find time to be here.
What's god in pantheitic concept?
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Epositive(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
i'm here to learn tho cheesy
#positivevibes
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:
are we discussing the sun here? I used it as an analogy, and now that you're delving into irrelevance, i hope you will be able to keep this discussion in focus.

I will ask again, what's god in the pantheitic concept?
Keep your ego in your refuse bin. You wanted to know about my understanding of God and I have stated that God is Source Energy. And you have no argument with that, yet you want to know what pantheists think abt God.

Like I said, I have no business with labels. Stick to your questions abt God, the way I know it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Any other atheist willing to know what God is ?
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by akintom(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Keep your ego in your refuse bin. You wanted to know about my understanding of God and I have stated that God is Source Energy. And you have no argument with that, yet you want to know what pantheists think abt God.

Like I said, I have no business with labels. Stick to your questions abt God, the way I know it.
honestly, am not sure that you are up for intellectual discussion.

What's labeling in asking you, to put forward the god you know, according to pantheism that you subscribe to.

"God is source energy", what possible deduction can one make out of this phrase?

The Christian says god is uncaused cause. He created the material world...... And so on. I can relate with this and come up with probing questions and discussion.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Any other atheist willing to know what God is ?

Yes, am a deist.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
onyenze123:

Yes, am a deist.

Fantastic. Everyone is evolving and as we progress through life, we will solve the puzzle and achieve ego death before physical mortality.
Re: A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
During my freshman's year n college, i sat on my bed one day, pondering about the 1st law of thermodynamics which propounded that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That wasn't all, i knew before hand that man itself is energy. As if struck my lightening, my pupil dilated in excitement. If Man is an energy. If energy cannot be created nor destroy, that means we are nothing but gods. That was the time reincarnation made so much sense. We don't die, we simply change to another form as the 2nd law stated. We are energy. We are gods. Athough that doesn't mean that we're alone. Some beings, higher in all ramifications exist also in other dimensions of existence. To connect requires turning into the right frequency. Open your mind amd SEE!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Really Pity Christians / Jigi Dem- Sweet Tune. / The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.