Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Skoda Octavia - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Skoda Octavia (3222 Views)

2008/09 SKODA Octavia **nigerian Used** - N1.7M / For Sale Skoda Octavia 2.0l (laurent Clement) / For Sale Skoda Octavia 2000 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skoda Octavia by lanreajax(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2009
My friend is contemplating a brand new skoda octavia. I was a bit taken aback by his choice because over the years I have known him to be a person a who knows cars. He says he has test driven one and that it out performs a honda accord. I checked on line looking for reviews to refute his unbelievable claim but reviews for the skoda octavia are hard to find online. Does anyone in the house have any info about this car? Also how does it hold up as a used car i.e what shape is it likely to be in after three or four years if bought brand new. He says i am just biased because i dont know the car and he believes he is getting the best value for his money.
Please advise.
Thanks
Re: Skoda Octavia by EUTrucks1: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
I drive 1999 1.9 TDI (diesel) skoda octavia I am varry happy with this car.
Its like WV but cheapper and better and in many european countries they are known as best buy.
Re: Skoda Octavia by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2009
yea skoda octavia are good cars. i was thinking about aquiring one. i guess they use VW engines if am rite.
Re: Skoda Octavia by EUTrucks1: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2009
They have VW platform and engines.
Best are they old 1.9 TDI engines with 90, 110 and 130 hp, they can run 500 000km without any serius problem.
Benzin engines are nhot as good as diesel engines.
Re: Skoda Octavia by lanreajax(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
But I the ones in Nigeria are petrol engines, is this what you mean by benzene

Also I hear the cars are made in the Czech republic, what does this say abt reliability? as that country is not a major car manufacturing country

Siena: whats your take on this?

Lanre
Re: Skoda Octavia by EUTrucks1: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yes, benzine=petrol
VW owns Skoda and other name for skoda octavia (you are probably talking abought octavia RS) is VW golf V GTI becouse they are sharing most of mechanic parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_platforms
Re: Skoda Octavia by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
Once again, almost any ride can be a great ride, it all depends on the maintenance.
If brought brand new, he might be able to enjoy some years of warranty and he wont have to worry about anything that cld happen.
But that the ride cld be better than a Honda Accord, i am sorry to disagree.
Re: Skoda Octavia by charlesbid: 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
how much is a brand new skoda octavia saloon car. how much is also the tokunbo
just the estimate if any of you guys know. Is there any dealer that can get the skoda octavia.
Re: Skoda Octavia by lanreajax(m): 12:40am On Dec 15, 2009
the brand new skoda octavia depending on the specs you want ranges from 2.7 to 3.5 from stallion motors
Re: Skoda Octavia by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 15, 2009
lanreajax:

But I the ones in Nigeria are petrol engines, is this what you mean by benzene
Also I hear the cars are made in the Czech republic, what does this say abt reliability? as that country is not a major car manufacturing country
Siena: whats your take on this?
Lanre

Yes, Benzine is petrol.

Skoda's were previously built in the Czech Rep, but that was up till 1992. The Volkswagen / Audi Group took over, and all Skodas since 1994 are wholly VW / Audi content. The Skoda Octavia is actually a VW Golf / Audi A3 under the skin - so the floorpan, transmission, engine, suspension etc are shared with contempory Audi / VW models.

They are as reliable as all other cars from the Volkswagen Group, and in some ways, are a better buy than their Audi / VW counterparts, as you get a lot of options as standard in the Skoda, which are extra cost options in the more expensive Audi or Volkswagen.
Re: Skoda Octavia by Fhemmmy: 2:00am On Dec 15, 2009
Siena:

Yes, Benzine is petrol.

Skoda's were previously built in the Czech Rep, but that was up till 1992. The Volkswagen / Audi Group took over, and all Skodas since 1994 are wholly VW / Audi content. The Skoda Octavia is actually a VW Golf / Audi A3 under the skin - so the floorpan, transmission, engine, suspension etc are shared with contempory Audi / VW models.

They are as reliable as all other cars from the Volkswagen Group, and in some ways, are a better buy than their Audi / VW counterparts, as you get a lot of options as standard in the Skoda, which are extra cost options in the more expensive Audi or Volkswagen.

Siena have spoken and that is all.
Thanks for lecturing us jare.
Re: Skoda Octavia by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 15, 2009
No worries, Fhemmy.
Re: Skoda Octavia by mamagee3(f): 2:37am On Dec 15, 2009
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corola Needed Urgently 2000 Model / Just arrived from the US 1996 MACK CH613 Truck *N3.8K* Negotiable / Neatly Used 2006 Model Infinity Fx45 For 1.850m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.