Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub (527 Views)

EA Sports Lose Almost £700 Million After Juventus FIFA 20 Snub / Chelsea Thread! Wilson To Be Number One Striker? / Shakespeare Keen On Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub by lightblazingnow(m): 1:34am On Mar 02, 2017
I like only one striker – Guardiola speaks on Iheanacho’s snub

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has admitted that Kelechi Iheanacho is not playing enough games under him, because he prefers to use one striker in his team.

Iheanacho could be in line for a recall for the FA Cup replay against Huddersfield.

The Super Eagles forward has not played for City since January 15, following the arrival of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras.

“Kelechi now isn’t playing for the last games. It’s a pity for him because he’s another guy – all the African guys I train in my life always they are amazing how they are like professionals in the training sessions,” Guardiola said.

“But I like normally one striker, not two. Of course, when Sergio [Aguero] was injured, players play the game. But then Gabriel came and Sergio didn’t play, so the space is what it is. But it is going to happen this situation with Gabriel so Sergio can’t play all the games and, of course, he [Iheanacho] is going to help us.

“I know his quality. I know, of course, he’s young and has a lot of things to improve — especially in winning duels and be strong in some positions.

“But he’s a guy who, in the boxes, is really good. He likes to come a little bit out of the box to play, but arriving at the right tempo and attacking the first post is amazing. So, as a guy, he doesn’t need many, many chances to score a goal.”

Re: I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub by kolaitan(m): 2:34am On Mar 02, 2017
"as a guy, he doesn’t need many, many chances to score a goal" grin
Re: I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub by Mjshexy(f): 3:08am On Mar 02, 2017
Pep isn't making sense at all, the earlier Nacho leaves the better for him
Re: I Like One Striker - Guardiola Speak On Iheanacho's Snub by konfused: 9:10am On Mar 02, 2017
I think Zalatan's assertion about Pep might be right, he is a coward for not coming out directly to say what is the reason of his snubbing iheanacho.

That's same way he treated Eto, Yaya toure, Song etc at Barcelona.

Iheanacho is still young, he might be better off going to another big club where he will shine and shame Pep

(1) (Reply)

‘’i Am Here To Win The Champions League With Chelsea’’-antonio Conte. / Check Out Amazing Chelsea’s New Possible Kitsfor Next Season / 5 Reasons Why Hull City Will Beat Man City When They Meet On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.