Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's (3325 Views)

Crazy Things You Did While Single On Campus. / If You Dont Remember This Ad In The 90's, Call Me UNCLE #THROWBACK / Do You Still Remember All These Books? (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by ilevic(m): 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
How many of these books did you read while growing up?

On a MISSION TO KALA, I saw a BURNING GRASS. Beside it, was a MINE boy, crying EFURU!!! I told him, "WEEP NOT CHILD", because while the ARROW OF GOD strikes, THINGS FALL APART and everything will be NO LONGER AT EASE
Anyways, I am going for am AFRICAN NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. There, we shall have TOAD FOR SUPPER though I am going WITHOUT A SILVER SPOON. Also there, we will know more about WIVES' REVOLT and learn more about THE TRIAL OF BROTHER JERO before the DRUMMER BOY'S performance. I hope to be back before EZE GOES TO SCHOOL so as to witness the RETURN OF SHITTIMA who married RALIA THE SUGAR GIRL

12 Likes

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by JideAmuGiaka: 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
ilevic:

On a MISSION TO KALA, I saw a BURNING GRASS. Beside it, was a MINE boy, crying EFURU!!! I told him, "WEEP NOT CHILD", because while the ARROW OF GOD strikes, THINGS FALL APART and everything will be NO LONGER AT EASE
Anyways, I am going for am AFRICAN NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. There, we shall have TOAD FOR SUPPER though I am going WITHOUT A SILVER SPOON. Also there, we will know more about WIVES' REVOLT and learn more about THE TRIAL OF BROTHER JERO before the DRUMMER BOY'S performance. I hope to be back before EZE GOES TO SCHOOL so as to witness the RETURN OF SHITTIMA who married RALIA THE SUGAR GIRL

In all these, THE gods ARE NOT TO BLAME.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by beetown(m): 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
I didn't read the first 3 novels there
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by donolatunji(m): 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
ilevic:

Choi Its Been A Long Time Without Those Books.
Op Have Old Small O

1 Like

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by chordrylateral(m): 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ralia the sugar girl

The book was presented to me as an award for 1st position while I was in nursery 2 back in those days

I could remember we use to sing this song "Alangba wole o fo koko mama mama ma Na mi"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by SEEDORF441(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2017
I read ralia d sugar girl, i still remember som name in dat story book, some name like prince sahib.
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2017
ilevic:

Nice memories; I guess I'm not the oldest person on Nairaland after all.

Do you also remember:

Chike and the River
The Passport of Mallam Ilia
One Week, One Trouble

6 Likes

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by 0955eb027(m): 1:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Ade our naughty little brother. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Purpletee(f): 3:06am On Mar 03, 2017
I Don old o
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Purpletee(f): 3:06am On Mar 03, 2017
Good ol' days... Op what about Echoes of hard times, The incorruptible judge, Virtuous woman, Mother's choice.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Folakeme: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2017
Pls where can i download d return of shettima?
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by xtian234(m): 7:33am On Mar 03, 2017
just remembered the old good days "you need the cow I need the cow the seller wants money, to whom would he sell to"mallam shehu's statement to Abubahka in bid to having zainobi's hand in marriage... African Night Entertainment

1 Like

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Luizkid(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2017
gone are those gud ol days b4 technology took over, i remember after reading, i'll check the back for other titles in the series and buy any that interests me... Now if it's not online, don't bother cos nobody will read.
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Elnino4ladies: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2017
Wedlock of the gods
Incorruptible judge
Eze goes to school
The fruit if honesty

1 Like

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by NwannekaUloma(f): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2017
Things fall apart was my fav..ikemefuna and okonkwo..
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Kennyodinye(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2017
ilevic:

What If I Was Born 2009 and 2013 I Bought And Read All This Books....Does That Mean I Was Born In The 90's

1 Like

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Chysler(m): 11:35am On Mar 03, 2017
Very Nostalgic.. I read all and all African writer series books... #amweeping... Those good old days shld come back!
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by ilevic(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
phones, Cartoons, soap opera and reality shows are depriving this generation of reading books... so said but true
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Dreyl(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
Purpletee:
Good ol' days... Op what about Echoes of hard times, The incorruptible judge, Virtuous woman, Mother's choice.
i've read all including Echoes of hard times.
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by toofit007: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
SEEDORF441:
I read ralia d sugar girl, i still remember som name in dat story book, some name like prince sahib.
babe you really tried by remembering some of the names in the book, I cant remember anything even thou I read it, the only thing in my brain right now is BIAFRA grin
SEEDORF441:
babe you really tried by remembering some of the names in the book, I cant remember anything even thou I read it, the only thing in my brain right now is BIAFRA

2 Likes

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Zaronxpanol(f): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
Who read THE WEEPING UNDERGRADUATE and ANTHILL OF THE SAVANNAH ?
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by NL1960: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
Zaronxpanol:

I read it.

Did you read TALES OUT SCHOOL and MORE TALES OUT OF SCHOOL?.
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by obyrich(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
NwannekaUloma:
Things fall apart was my fav..ikemefuna and okonkwo..
Same with me. I bought a copy recently just to relive old times.

2 Likes

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by obyrich(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
xtian234:
just remembered the old good days "you need the cow I need the cow the seller wants money, to whom would he sell to"mallam shehu's statement to Abubahka in bid to having zainobi's hand in marriage... African Night Entertainment
I love that story. One of the morals of the story is that revenge is sometimes more expensive than forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by kesmalindo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Raliat the sugar girl......
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by Dboy55(m): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Zaronxpanol:
the weeping undergraduate he travelled to Amsterdam and married a foreign girl. he now went to resume his education in university of Ibadan
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by dfrost: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
obyrich:
I love that story. One of the morals of the story is that revenge is sometimes more expensive than forgiveness.

Well obyrich it also depends on the what side you are looking at it from. All I see is betrayal and not keeping to agreement on the part of Zainab's folks. For crying out loud, she was already betrothed to Abu. To the highest bidder indeed embarassed cry angry
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by obyrich(m): 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
dfrost:

Well obyrich it also depends on the what side you are looking at it from. All I see is betrayal and not keeping to agreement on the part of Zainab's folks. For crying out loud, she was already betrothed to Abu. To the highest bidder indeed embarassed cry angry
True. There are many lessons to be learnt. I mentioned one of them. Abu was rightly annoyed but the cost of revenge was too much for the wrong done.
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by JhimmySpark(m): 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
obyrich:
.. So true, wen embarking on revenge dig two Graves. At the end of the play he got his revenge but his son killed him.. If my memory serves me right
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by JhimmySpark(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
ilevic:

The good old days. Read all apart from EFURU. My favorite is AN AFRICAN NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT by CYPRIAN EKWENSI.. Revenge is like burning down your house just to get rid of of a rat
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by otipoju(m): 1:45am On Mar 04, 2017
The hunter and the hen
Re: If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's by dfrost: 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
obyrich:
True. There are many lessons to be learnt. I mentioned one of them. Abu was rightly annoyed but the cost of revenge was too much for the wrong done.

Yeah you're right. The cost of revenge was just too much. The funny thing: the guy eventually lost his life. What a tragic ending.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa as at 2011 / Unn Admission List Out!(see Full List Of Admitted Students) / Uniabuja Diploma Andpre-degree/remedial Form Now On Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.