Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Successful Business Models In Digital Age - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Successful Business Models In Digital Age (1068 Views)

4 Business Models You Can Start During The Pandemic & Make Profits In 1/3 Months / How To Start A Successful BUsiness In 2019 / Strategy And Business Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
I have been deeply concerned about the growing intellectual laziness among our youths who wants to make quick money from ponzi and other fast and unsustainable programmes. Therefore, I just wanted to use this thread and address only those who fall within this category>

1. those who want to own their own business
2. entrepreneurs who have big dreams
3. people with great vision and energy required to pursue their vision.

if you are really in this category, book mark this page because by the time i finish with my nuggets, you will learn the following and act upon them with my help and guidiance.

1. whether running a business is for you? some folks are just created to work for others. you will learn whether you are qualified to be a business owner or just an employee. each have their own prices. one must be richer than the other.

2. you will be able to CREATE your own business idea and know if it will work. this is the key factor. A lot of people have flimsy business ideas, and they are very exited about it, but there are factors that will definetly determine whether your business will be successful or not.

3. we shall also make a literature review of top 5 most lucrative business models and tell you why they were successful.

4. you will also learn how to structure your business plan and make responsible business projections.

5. is capital really your problem? No. lack of capital cannot stand against a good business idea. funny? we shall show how and what i mean.

6. How much capital do you need to start the business? you will that the simplest skill of reading and writing that you already have can be translated to money to raise capital for your business. dont worry it is not a freelance or work at home nonsenses.

what I shall be doing here is basic and professional. so i dont want people destined for poverty to pollute this thread by way of foolish comments. if you dont like what i am doing please pass on.

finally, every thing will happen here and there is no need for me to collect your emails.

1 Like

Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by joeshed(m): 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ride on Sir....
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
sometimes the desire to become self-employed or start a business or be like Adenuga, Dangote, Ibeto, MTN, Glo, EEDC, etc is not just enough. it is every bodies desire but not every body can do it. You really need to sit down and calculate the qualities you have and those you lack. Running a business successful requires commitment, self reliance and determination.

In fact the key to success in business is you. knowing your personal strengths and vulnerabilities will allow you to combat any lack of experience you may have. learning vital new skills that are relevant to today's world is an great insight. it helps you to build confidence and strengthens your faith. Good business concept that can add value and create solutions to numerous problem of today's world is all you need.

you might have the determination, the best business plan and commitment required, but if your idea is obsolete, you are on the wrong route and destined to fail.

so as i give you basic questions you will ask your self to ascertain whether you really qualify to run business in our digital age, remember that your business Idea and model is the key to your success. You will understand the importance of this more when we shall discuss the top 5 most successful business models in the last 10 years. open your eyes and catch up. stay tuned i will update tomorrow.

good night.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUN A BUSINESS?

Ask any aspiring entreprenuers why they want to run a business and you will be shocked at the response you will get. In my mentorship classes most students respond that they want to run business because there is no job for them to do. some say that they want to own business because they want to make big money like one of the big wits in Nigeria.

These are stupid reasons and shows gross lack of vision. You must be able to assess yourself and scrutinize your reasons and define your vision. If you dont have a vision every way is a choice for you and you will definitely remain where you are or go astray.

I will not border you with so much details of how you can define your vision and get genuine reasons why you want to be a business owner as I presume that you must have sorted that out for yourself even before now.

when your vision and reason for owing a business is defined, the next thing that is very important is for you to determine before hand the scope of your business empire.

I consider this very essential and will give it so much details. Most young people aspiring to open business simply think about opening store in a busy place and attract costomers who will be throwing money at them. this is a wrong way of thinking. Unfortunately, some of our government Youth empowernment programmes think in that line. get the youth train them on how to make soap and they are entreprenuers. this is just waste of time and resource, you can never succedded if you dont see in your minds eye, where you want to be, how much gross earning you can estimate, how much you are projecting in profit even up to 10 years.

Most people are not able to do this and that explains the reason why 95% of startups fail in business within the first 3 years.

so would be entreprenuers must
1. define the industry he want to play in.
2. understand how the industry works. in this case who and who has made it in the industry.
3. who are your potential customers.
4. where do they reside
5. what is their purchasing power
6. what values are you offering them
7.how much time can you devote in building them.
8.if you leave the business for a holidays will your employees sustain it in your absence.
9. does the business has the capacity to make you a billionaire
the list goes on and on

if you really want to be successful in business just find a value that your potential customers cannot do without. get them addicted to the value you offer and you will be a millionaire is a very shot time.

now comes the first rule: get as many people as possible addicted to your product or services and you will be a billionaire.

why do you think brewing companies make a lot of money.
why do you think tobacco companies cannot get broke
why do you think that amoral intimacy shops thrives

in the next lesson i will show the best 4 or 5 game changers that has the capacity of making a billionares. every thing i say i will back it up with verifiable evidence to prove it.

Now it depends on the scope of your business and determination of the level you want to operate on that will make you choose to play in those industries that offer addictive values and almost every body in the world partonises.

stay tuned. I am happy that no one has messed up the thread. stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by kevwemanuel: 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nice one op
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by koreskbv(m): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
good start, waiting for the next episode.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
op are you a billionaire? Bleep it. are you even a milli boy ? cool undecided
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
TECHNOLOGY: THE INDISPENSABLE TOOL

It is important that we talk about the game changers but before we discuss it, i wish to let us know that technology is indispensable when you talk about running successful business, in the world today. Historically, we measured levels of technology in terms of ages: the iron age, the bronze age and so on. more recently, our yardstick was revolutions, such as the agricultural or industrial revolutions, which generally played themselves our over several decades.

Today, technology is the major determinant of wealth because it determines the nature and supply of physical resources. the advance of technology has altered old economic theories, of supply and demand.

enough of this academic talk. Let us reason at home. Technology creates demand that has not been there. (think about your cell phone, internet,). you may not need / demand for a device that will alert of impending danger. but when such a device is built by technology it becomes a need.

Technology alters the law of production and supply. think about alibaba, jumia, konga and so. we shall revisit these when we talk about game changers.

Now that you know this, begin to rethink your business idea and technology its space.

some tips that can help you. in Nigeria there are abundance of tomato in the North and most of them perish because of lack of preservative. think speedy supply or interface to bridge this gap through technology. I already have a superb idea about this, but i can not be thrown open here.

in our local markets, all these local women come to market to trade, the ways our great great great fathers used to do. they have regular customers, and scarcely know how to locate them, maintain and compare their selling price with that of others dealing in the same commodity.

the list is endless, but i would like us to answer some of these questions before the next lesson:

Is it possible to be the biggest bread distributor of bread without having a bread factory?
is it possible to own an interface where by content providers earn from their content?
what do you thing that can stop plagearism in Nigeria.
over 2 million persons write Jamb every year in this country, do you that a simple solution can fetch you N5 from each of them while you are in vacation.

when you think in these lines you are in trend with the technology.

i wish to end tonight with this statement which i will revisit.

WHEN ALIKO DANGOTE STARTED BUSINESS, MARK ZUCKERBERG WAS NOT YET BORN BUT dangote current networt is $12.2 billion while Zuckerberg bought whatsapp for $19 billion. MARK spend more than what Aliko laboured for 35 solid years in shopping, and he still has some balance.

decide now if you want to follow dangote way or zuckerberg way to riches.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
The following Game Changers will be discussed tomorrow. I can't really post tonight, am just so tired. but stay tuned tomorrow as we discuss the unlimted potentials lying hidden in the following industries.

1. Telecoms

2. Affiliate Marketing

3. E-Commerce

4. Social media.

by the time we finish these lessons, your jaw must drop. it is a promise you can bank with it.

good night friends.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by porozhniy(m): 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Why do you want to run a business?
If we don't run a business cos of money, what then is the motivation?
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by Haoqi24: 3:00am On Mar 09, 2017
It's March 9 already brah sad

1 Like

Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 4:50am On Mar 09, 2017
GAME CHANGER NO; 1 TELECOMS

Telecommunication is a walkover success, because they are trading on what human beings are naturally addicted. Communication. Human beings must communicate, share information and so on. as of January this year, there are over 154,660,446 active users of gsm lines in Nigeria alone. Just do small calculation and know how much these companies are making.

It is very easy to understand that MTN alone makes close to 1 billion dollars gross profit alone in Nigeria. when you talk about telecoms, it involves other forms of business,. Recharge cards, : recharge cards are the highest and fasted trading commodity in the whole world today. Before you become an MTN sub sub sub dealer on recharge cards you have to pay millions through your nose. Even at that it is still a good business the customers are every where and you dont beg them to buy they rather beg you to buy.

Do you also know that bulk sms, data bundle businesses are all part of telecommunications. that you have data to browse and read this thing is courtesy of Telecoms industry.

think of a business around telecoms and you will smile to bank everyday. Yes ordinary people like me and you can do it and earn as much as 3000 DOLLARS DAILY.. DON'T DOUBT THIS
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 4:59am On Mar 09, 2017
GAME CHANGER 2 AFFILIATE MARKETING

affiliate marketing is one of the most successful type of adverstment platform that is natural to human beings also. again they are trading on what is natural to us as human beings. Listen in your street today and you must here this statement, (babe this cloth of yours is fine. WHERE DID YOU BUY IT) this is a potential for affilate marketing. and if babe takes baber (baber is the one who calls babe, that is my english though) to the place where she bought the cloth, the owner of the store pays babe some commission.

this is awesome. doing what you naturally do and you earn whooping ammount of money.

Successful affiliate marketers in the world make millions of dollars annually doing nothing but affiliate marketing. The earning potential in this business model is very high as the likes of Zack Johnson, Mark ling, john chow and many other affiliate marketers earns upward of two million dollar annually. That is about eight hundred million naira yearly.

this is the origin of blogging and all sorts of business on line.

we are in a digital age, and information is money. to tell a person where you bought what you are using, you are make money too.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 5:09am On Mar 09, 2017
next lesson we shall discuss ecommerce, social media, and a 5th game changer: global financial market. these are all incredible industries, that i still wonder why some people are still poor in our land. Tap into any these and create wealth for your generation.

take action. it doesnt actually cost you anything, but motivation. we shall come to that and I will be happy all my readers will have to start up any or all these industries with nothing.

I will share the information here with you.
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 5:11am On Mar 09, 2017
money is not the priority. when Jesus said seek you first the Kingdom of God and every other thing will be added to you, he means in business seek you first services and value and every other thing will be added to you.

if money is your first motivation in building a business please I beg leave my thread. it is not for everybody.
porozhniy:
Why do you want to run a business?
If we don't run a business cos of money, what then is the motivation?

1 Like

Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by 19jeria: 5:16am On Mar 09, 2017
i am busy person too. attending to the needs of others elsewhere outside the internet. please do understand me dear. keep soaring.
Haoqi24:
It's March 9 already brah sad

1 Like

Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
19jeria:
i am busy person too. attending to the needs of others elsewhere outside the internet. please do understand me dear. keep soaring.
please forgive my earlier post sir. i am truly very sorry?
Re: Successful Business Models In Digital Age by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
19jeria:
please forgive my earlier post sir. i am truly very sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Business Website/mobile App / Make Up To 1.5million Naira Yearly Investing In Agriculture ..garaunteed / Airtel Negligence: Customer Loses Life At Experience Centre (DOCUMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.