Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,018 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. (3115 Views)

Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / 10 Morning Wood (Erection) Facts You Probably Didn't Know / Skin Bleaching: 6 Facts You Must Know Before You Start!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2017
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day.

Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.

2 Likes

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by ElmaSpeed(f): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2017
I haven't had mine yet.
Where is that akara seller?
Explorers says we should not skip breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Nimi22(f): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2017
Let the akara seller come on time. In case you see pap too u can call her. Thanks.
ElmaSpeed:
I haven't had mine yet.
Where is that akara seller?
Explorers says we should not skip breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2017
Teens need 9+ hours of sleep per night for their bodies to function properly.

Less than 1/3 of teen in 2011 reported getting 8 hours of sleep per night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by angelTI(f): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2017
Lemme perch here because Explorer's posts are always educating

1 Like

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2017
Physical activity like aerobic exercise (walking, running), muscle-strengthening (weight-lifting), bone-strengthening (jumping rope), and balance and stretching activities (yoga, pilates, dancing) are especially beneficial to a healthy body.

2 Shares

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:00am On Mar 03, 2017
Foods that don't expire contain unnatural preservatives, additives, and chemicals that deteriorate your body.

Focus instead on fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, low-fat dairies, and above all, moderation in whatever you eat.

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by shumuel(m): 9:03am On Mar 03, 2017
Explorers:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day.

Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.

sad I don't eat breakfast, i never did and still don't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2017
One cigarette reduces your life by 11 minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2017
Sugar is as bad for you as cigarettes.

Although sugar does not have the same stigma attached to it as smoking, the truth is indulging on sweet treats or dessert could be as bad for you as lighting up a cigarette.

According to research by a University of California team, sugar is as damaging as both alcohol and cigarettes and, according to the researchers, should therefore be regulated to control consumption.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by ShaqFu: 9:26am On Mar 03, 2017
Explorers:
One cigarette reduces your life by 11 minutes.
Something must kill a man.

5 Likes

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2017
Exercise won’t make you thin.

Although many people use exercise as their sole method of weight management, many studies have shown that exercise, when not combined with dietary changes, does very little in respect to losing weight.

A study published inThe British Journal of Sports Medicine found that when a group of obese people completed 12 weeks of supervised cardio workouts without dieting, most did not experience any significant weight loss results.

However, it is important to remember that, while it may not lead to weight loss by itself, exercise still has plenty of other health benefits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2017
ShaqFu:

Sure, but not too soon.

2 Likes

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Explorers(m): 9:54am On Mar 03, 2017
A person will die from lack of sleep sooner than they will from starvation, which usually takes a few weeks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by greatdeal1408: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2017
grin grin grin Explorer the Baddest Researcher

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:42am On Mar 03, 2017
Explorers:

Although sugar does not have the same stigma attached to it as smoking, the truth is indulging on sweet treats or dessert could be as bad for you as lighting up a cigarette.

According to research by a University of California team, sugar is as damaging as both alcohol and cigarettes and, according to the researchers, should therefore be regulated to control consumption.

I don't agree with the particular fact of yours. You have to be specific what kind of sugars we are talking about here. Glucose which is a kind of sugar is the body's provider of energy, which is derived from d breakdown of carbs. Natural sugars are damn healthy. Sugars from honey, fruits. D culprit here is the processed sugars and sweetners.

3 Likes

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Olarewajub: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

I don't agree with the particular fact of yours. You have to be specific what kind of sugars we are talking about here. Glucose which is a kind of sugar is the body's provider of energy, which is derived from d breakdown of carbs. Natural sugars are damn healthy. Sugars from honey, fruits. D culprit here is the processed sugars and sweetners.

www.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/4/850S.full

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Olarewajub: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/4/850S.full

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by ajuwarhodes(f): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
Not bad for those who didn't know all this
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by ichommy(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
ShaqFu:

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by austine4real(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
I was here with sir explora
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
Exercise, sleep and any other thing is good. Eating healthy......now that one is a problem. Healthy food taste like cudboard.....BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH cheesy

Oya, wash hand........junk (healthy) food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Ademat7(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
This thread is gonna hit FP because food concern all tribes
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by ShaqFu: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
Explorers:

Sure, but not too soon.
Very soon or how soon, what matters is how you live, not how long you live.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by daveP(m): 1:44am On Mar 04, 2017
(In Gustavo's accent) It's Explorers Again!!!!
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by able88(m): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
Explorers:

Please Explorer, elaborate more on this..
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by BodePolScience: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2017
shumuel:

sad I don't eat breakfast, i never did and still don't
and do you consider yourself very healthy?
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by shumuel(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2017
BodePolScience:
and do you consider yourself very healthy?

No, not really
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by BodePolScience: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2017
shumuel:

No, not really
cos, neither do I take breakfast but I consider myself healthy...I dont fall sick and I am quite energetic, I only engage in water therapy in replacement of breakfast. I only want to affirm that singular fact whether skipping breakfast correlates with the human health.
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by shumuel(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2017
BodePolScience:
cos, neither do I take breakfast but I consider myself healthy...I dont fall sick and I am quite energetic, I only engage in water therapy in replacement of breakfast. I only want to affirm that singular fact whether skipping breaking correlates with the human health.

Well to be honest with you, you can't really say you are healthy all because you don't fall ill.

Anyways, i don't fall ill too, and i also drink water early in the morning now but when i was a kid nothing pass through my mouth untill 11:30am-12noon when its breaktime, sometimes it would be when i get back home around 3pm-4pm before eating anything, i just don't feel hungry when am not at home, and am used to it even till now.

Taking water first thing in the morning is a very healthy habit wink

1 Like

Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2017
Interesting... Explorer continue
Re: Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 06, 2017
shumuel:

Well to be honest with you, you can't really say you are healthy all because you don't fall ill.

Anyways, i don't fall ill too, and i also drink water early in the morning now but when i was a kid [b]nothing pass through my mouth untill 11:30am-12noon when its breaktime, sometimes it would be when i get back home around 3pm-4pm before eating anything, [/b]i just don't feel hungry when am not at home, and am used to it even till now.

Taking water first thing in the morning is a very healthy habit wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skin Toning Cream / Shocking: School Boy Had His Leg Crushed In An Accident (see Photo) / Cholera: Borno Confirms 43 Deaths, 559 Suspected Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.