Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military (958 Views)

Govt(jamb) Cause Of Bsc And HND Discrepancy / Convenant University Promotes Nigeria’s Global Relevance With N1Billion / What Is The Prospect Of Bsc. Physics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military by Harkyn92(m): 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good evening Nairalanders, I have this question that has being bothering me. Please does B.sc. physics has any relevance in the Nigerian military in their (Direct Short Service Program ) apart from education. if yes, which area is it.
Re: What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military by Akissani: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
U will teach physics in secondary school located in the barrack....but if u dnt like dae education field, then u hav to apply through SSC
Re: What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military by Annibiteye: 3:30am On Mar 04, 2017
This piece by a NAIRALANDER can be of help to you. Read on:

Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by
Teempakguy (m ): 3:09pm On Jul 06
My insights:

Physics is a course for incredibly intelligent persons, and If you attempt to dive into it with an average intellect, you'll find it challenging and useless. So, as you'll find, the Ideas I'm going to put on ground are going to be achievable only if you're reasonably smart. And no. Hard work won't cut it here. unless you want to start earning when you're forty.
You could go for a Masters, and then PhD, and become an independent researcher, most likely in theoretical physics.
You could go for a PGD after your degree and divert into petrochemical engineering.
You could apply for analytical jobs after your degree.
You could become an entrepreneurial innovator like Elon Musk
You could pick up programming while in school and, using your knowledge in physics, write helpful software for other physicists and engineers.
You could graduate with a first class and become a lecturer
You could become a highly celebrated Author, like Stephen Hawking and Richard Muller
You could go for multiple degrees and become an Authority, like Salman Khan. No, Not the one with all the bulging muscles.
You could go for a masters in a meteorological course and get a job at a weather forecasting company.
You could use your knowledge in physics to invent something really fascinating, which you can market to companies for a profit.
You could become a Motivational Speaker. Many Physicists are good at talking to people.
You could pick up a few Courses related to robotics and become a robotics researcher.
You could build a particle accelerator, connect yourself to it press the start button, and become flash.
You could partner with a team of experts from other scientific fields, get a patron, and participate in science projects around the world for money
You could partner with this team, only instead, you'd become an innovation company, building new technology and selling it to the highest bidder. see Raffaello D' Andrea
You could become a Science communicator, be a presenter for science programs, and go on talks. see Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, and Neil Degrasse Tyson
You could open a YouTube channel to do the above, instead. See Micheal Stevens and Derek Muller
I thought of all these withing 15 minutes of seeing your question. the point is not to brag, but to show you that the point is not the course you've chosen, But the knowledge gained. with that knowledge, The universe is on your finger tips. you can do ANYTHING you want. as long as you can imagine, as long as you utilize your brain to find out what you can do with the time that you have.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military by Harkyn92(m): 6:44am On Mar 04, 2017
Annibiteye:
This piece by a NAIRALANDER can be of help to you. Read on:

Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by
Teempakguy (m ): 3:09pm On Jul 06
My insights:

Physics is a course for incredibly intelligent persons, and If you attempt to dive into it with an average intellect, you'll find it challenging and useless. So, as you'll find, the Ideas I'm going to put on ground are going to be achievable only if you're reasonably smart. And no. Hard work won't cut it here. unless you want to start earning when you're forty.
You could go for a Masters, and then PhD, and become an independent researcher, most likely in theoretical physics.
You could go for a PGD after your degree and divert into petrochemical engineering.
You could apply for analytical jobs after your degree.
You could become an entrepreneurial innovator like Elon Musk
You could pick up programming while in school and, using your knowledge in physics, write helpful software for other physicists and engineers.
You could graduate with a first class and become a lecturer
You could become a highly celebrated Author, like Stephen Hawking and Richard Muller
You could go for multiple degrees and become an Authority, like Salman Khan. No, Not the one with all the bulging muscles.
You could go for a masters in a meteorological course and get a job at a weather forecasting company.
You could use your knowledge in physics to invent something really fascinating, which you can market to companies for a profit.
You could become a Motivational Speaker. Many Physicists are good at talking to people.
You could pick up a few Courses related to robotics and become a robotics researcher.
You could build a particle accelerator, connect yourself to it press the start button, and become flash.
You could partner with a team of experts from other scientific fields, get a patron, and participate in science projects around the world for money
You could partner with this team, only instead, you'd become an innovation company, building new technology and selling it to the highest bidder. see Raffaello D' Andrea
You could become a Science communicator, be a presenter for science programs, and go on talks. see Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, and Neil Degrasse Tyson
You could open a YouTube channel to do the above, instead. See Micheal Stevens and Derek Muller
I thought of all these withing 15 minutes of seeing your question. the point is not to brag, but to show you that the point is not the course you've chosen, But the knowledge gained. with that knowledge, The universe is on your finger tips. you can do ANYTHING you want. as long as you can imagine, as long as you utilize your brain to find out what you can do with the time that you have.

thank you very much, I will work on it.
Re: What Is The Relevance of Bsc Physics In The Nigerian Military by darkhorizon: 4:10am On Mar 05, 2017
cc DEATHMACHINE Airbone360 frumentius

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: Jamb Giving Wrong Details To Candidate / JAMB Deducts 100 Marks From UTME Candidates Caught Cheating On CCTV Cameras / Cpd Program For Medical Laboratory Scientist/technicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.