Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,874 members, 7,956,300 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal (8624 Views)

Benefits To Be Taken From "مائة حديث" Part 1. / Prohibitions That Are Taken Too Lightly / Are Unbelievers To Be Taken For Friends By Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 04, 2017
English Translation

Book by Sheikh Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid

Isbaal - wearing clothes that come down below the ankles

One of the things which people treat as insignificant, although it is serious in the sight of Allaah, is isbaal, which means lengthening one's clothes below the ankles; some people let their clothes touch the ground, and some allow them to drag on the floor behind them.

Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "There are three to whom Allaah will not speak on the Day of Resurrection, nor look at nor praise: the one who wears his lower garment below the ankles; the one who reminds others of his gifts or favours; and the one who sells his product by means of lies and false oaths." (Reported by Muslim, 1/102).

The one who says, "I am not wearing my clothes below my ankles out of arrogance" is in fact praising himself in a way that is unacceptable. The warning against isbaal is issued to all, regardless of whether they do it out of arrogance or not, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whatever part of the lower garment is below the ankles is in Hell." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 6/254; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 5571).

The person whose isbaal is the result of arrogance will be more severely punished than the one who has no such intention, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever trails his garment out of pride, Allaah will not even look at him on the Day of Resurrection." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 3465, al-Bagha edition) - this is because he is combining two sins in one action. Wearing any clothes below the ankle is haraam, as is indicated in the hadeeth reported by Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father): "Isbaal may be done with an izaar (lower garment), qamees (shirt or upper garment) and 'amaamah (turban); whoever drags any part of them on the ground out of pride, Allaah will not look at him on the Day of Resurrection." (Reported by Abu Dawud, 4/353; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 2770). Women are permitted to lengthen their garments by one or two handspans to cover the feet or as a precaution against anything being uncovered by the wind, etc., but it is not permitted to do more than that, as is done with some wedding dresses which may have a train several metres long, which has to be carried behind the bride.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 04, 2017
who are you scared of? or ashamed of? just take it above your ankle a little bit and you are good to go.....

if it was one of those loosers – Musicians that wore his trousers above his ankle for "fashion", you'll see people gladly and happily do it, but here you are uninterested in the command of the messenger of Allaah? why do things of no reward(some even creates punishments) and leave things with reward?

Allaahul musta'aan – Allaah is the one whose help should be sought.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Jazakallaahu khayran Abu Uthaymeen. Maa shaaa Allaah smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Jazakallaahu khayran Abu Uthaymeen. Maa shaaa Allaah smiley

wa anta fajazakallaah khayra
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
cc: Sissie
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2017
Alhamdulillah i am a muslim following the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the Salafus-Saleehin. Please we need more of this kind of post around. May Allah guide us more, show us mercy, give us istiqama and strengthen us. Aamin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by webincomeplus(m): 10:35am On Mar 10, 2017
@OP, jazaakallahu khayraa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Myde4naija(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Jazakhallahu khairan @op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Patriots: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Alhamdulilah rabi alamin,
Am happy whenever I see Islamic post.
Please writers keep up the good work and prevent an idea used by the perverts to make haram normal.
Thank you for the post.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Talk2bryant(m): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2017
who are you to call anyone loser, at least try get the spelling right before you judge
AbdelKabir:
who are you scared of? or ashamed of? just take it above your ankle a little bit and you are good to go.....

if it was one of those loosers – Musicians that wore his trousers above his ankle for "fashion", you'll see people gladly and happily do it, but here you are uninterested in the command of the messenger of Allaah? why do things of no reward(some even creates punishments) and leave things with reward?

Allaahul musta'aan – Allaah is the one whose help should be sought.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2017
Talk2bryant:
who are you to call anyone loser, at least try get the spelling right before you judge

i assume you are not a muslim so I'll pass.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2017
webincomeplus:
@OP, jazaakallahu khayraa
Myde4naija:
Jazakhallahu khairan @op

wa iyyakumaa insha Allaah.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Talk2bryant(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
Brief introduction:My name is Abdul hafeez and I'm a Muslim, and I speak Arabic fluently, so I understand the Quran and hadeeths. You can always pass your message without insulting anyone irrespective of their belief

AbdelKabir:

i assume you are not a muslim so I'll pass.
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
Talk2bryant:
Brief introduction:My name is Abdul hafeez and I'm a Muslim, and I speak Arabic fluently, so I understand the Quran and hadeeths. You can always pass your message without insulting anyone irrespective of their belief

Abdulhafeez i doubt if you truly understand the hadeeth and Qur'an, cuz if you did, you should've seen where Allaah says:

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 9:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُلْهِكُمْ أَمْوَالُكُمْ وَلَا أَوْلَادُكُمْ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَمَن يَفْعَلْ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

O you who believe! let not your wealth, or your children, divert you from the remembrance of Allah; and whoever does that, These are the losers.
(English - Shakir)

or

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 36-37:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُنفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ لِيَصُدُّوا عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَسَيُنفِقُونَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسْرَةً ثُمَّ يُغْلَبُونَ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ يُحْشَرُونَ

Surely those who disbelieve spend their wealth to hinder (people) from the way of Allah; so they shall spend it, then it shall be to them an intense regret, then they shall be overcome; and those who disbelieve shall be driven together to hell.

لِيَمِيزَ اللَّهُ الْخَبِيثَ مِنَ الطَّيِّبِ وَيَجْعَلَ الْخَبِيثَ بَعْضَهُ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ فَيَرْكُمَهُ جَمِيعًا فَيَجْعَلَهُ فِي جَهَنَّمَ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

That Allah might separate the impure from the good, and put the impure, some of it upon the other, and pile it up together, then cast it into hell; these it is that are the losers.

via iQuran

so I'm not the first to call disbelievers, hypocrites and sinners losers.

is calling someone a loser an insult?

the prophet called the khawaarij dogs, khawaarij are still Muslims but the prophet called them dogs, so what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Talk2bryant(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
I understand everything you've said so far, but remember the person you call loser today can tomorrow lead prayer at ka'bar. Never at any time look down on another person irrespective of their belief, that's my stance
AbdelKabir:

Abdulhafeez i doubt if you truly understand the hadeeth and Qur'an, cuz if you did, you should've seen where Allaah says:

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 9:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُلْهِكُمْ أَمْوَالُكُمْ وَلَا أَوْلَادُكُمْ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَمَن يَفْعَلْ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

O you who believe! let not your wealth, or your children, divert you from the remembrance of Allah; and whoever does that, These are the losers.
(English - Shakir)

or

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 36-37:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُنفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ لِيَصُدُّوا عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَسَيُنفِقُونَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسْرَةً ثُمَّ يُغْلَبُونَ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ يُحْشَرُونَ

Surely those who disbelieve spend their wealth to hinder (people) from the way of Allah; so they shall spend it, then it shall be to them an intense regret, then they shall be overcome; and those who disbelieve shall be driven together to hell.

لِيَمِيزَ اللَّهُ الْخَبِيثَ مِنَ الطَّيِّبِ وَيَجْعَلَ الْخَبِيثَ بَعْضَهُ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ فَيَرْكُمَهُ جَمِيعًا فَيَجْعَلَهُ فِي جَهَنَّمَ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

That Allah might separate the impure from the good, and put the impure, some of it upon the other, and pile it up together, then cast it into hell; these it is that are the losers.

via iQuran

so I'm not the first to call disbelievers, hypocrites and sinners losers.

is calling someone a loser an insult?

the prophet called the khawaarij dogs, khawaarij are still Muslims but the prophet called them dogs, so what are you saying?
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Talk2bryant:
I understand everything you've said so far, but remember the person you call loser today can tomorrow lead prayer at ka'bar. Never at any time look down on another person irrespective of their belief, that's my stance

thats a flawed logic, its like you saying i shouldn't call someone an infidel because I'm not sure if he will be a believer tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2017
Whoever does not regard the mushrikeen as kaafirs, or doubts that they are kaafirs, or regards their way as correct, is a kaafir.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Whoever does not regard the mushrikeen as kaafirs, or doubts that they are kaafirs, or regards their way as correct, is a kaafir.

shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdulwahhab rahimahullaah was right when he said that.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Talk2bryant(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
You still don't get it do you, being a Muslim doesn't make you better than a non-muslim. as far as I'm concerned, all men are equal regardless of their faith. Treat all men equally and fairly and restrain from using abusive words, its doesn't propagate Islam in the good light. Only Allah knows who's truly serving him.
AbdelKabir:

thats a flawed logic, its like you saying i shouldn't call someone an infidel because I'm not sure if he will be a believer tomorrow.
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Talk2bryant(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
What happened to loving your neighbour regardless of his faith
AbdelKabir:

shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdulwahhab rahimahullaah was right when he said that.
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2017
العلم قبل القول والعمل
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by tintingz(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Delusional.

You people should just state all the people Allah won't look at their face and save use the stress, today we will see a hadith that said Allah won't look at people who sings or listen to music, tomorrow Allah won't look at photo maker and it goes on like that, as if humans are robots. undecided

Because my cloths is below my ankle, I will go to hell oh sorry Islamic hell, this is really ridiculous like Kevin hart joke. grin

1 Like

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by tintingz(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
Talk2bryant:
That's how he and his fellows behaves, they think they are the perfectors, the imaginary righteous people and they look down on other people as losers.
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by tintingz(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
And the kafir also see you as kafir. Lol grin cool

Do you know that you're a kafir to Jews and Christians?

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:26am On Mar 15, 2017
tintingz:
And the kafir also see you as kafir. Lol grin cool

Do you know that you're a kafir to Jews and Christians?
YEAH, MAYBE BUT THAT CAN NOT BE DEDUCED FROM THEIR BOOK UNLIKE OURS.
Re: One Of The Muharramaat(prohibitions) Taken Lightly – Isbaal by alfarouq(m): 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
Talk2bryant:
You still don't get it do you, being a Muslim doesn't make you better than a non-muslim. as far as I'm concerned, all men are equal regardless of their faith. Treat all men equally and fairly and restrain from using abusive words, its doesn't propagate Islam in the good light. Only Allah knows who's truly serving him.
That's one of the challenges facing Muslims in some parts of the country, the kuffar have succeeded in hypnotizing them that all men are equal irrespective of their beliefs, this is a very false believe.
All men are equal, what now makes one superior to the other is how well he loves and fear Allah.
If I may ask, what do you think is the reward for those that died Muslims and those that died non-muslims?
The answer you give will help us to understand where the problem lies.
Kuffars know that its not going to be easy to convince muslims to follow in their error, so they developed a new slogan that all men are equal irrespective of beliefs. We are worshipping the same God with different approaches and some Muslims actually took the bait and that's why you will see a Muslim man seeing his children living the fold of islam, condemning themselves to eternal ruination but still turns a blind eye because hr has been brainwashed into believing which ever religion you proclaim does not matter.

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Why Are So Many Modern British Career Women Converting To Islam? / Why Are Women Not Fit To Be Leaders? / Ruling On Trading In Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.