Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Scam Alert !! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Scam Alert !! (2830 Views)

Scam Alert...his Full Name And Account Details / Scam Alert: MTNng Cheap Data Is Fake See Their Reply In Pictures. / Jumia Deal Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good evening nairalanders am here tonight to actually help any living soul out there that likes to buy cheap things on jiji. Please am not here to abuse anyone locality , but after much research on getting used and new Product at cheap price ,I discovered that it is just better for you to visit any phones sale outlet around you .I have been duped twice on jiji by some sellers who are always located in badagry area of lagos ,nigeria .they will always bring up a ridiculous price for phones ,for instance I was told to buy an iphone 6s 64g with all accessories for 40000naira .. Immediately I saw this ,I got charmed to that phone , not that they used juju on me ,but that cheap price and my 100% love for the phone.I was then told to pay a sum of 20000, has part payment and to also show my urge and desire to really get the phone. As a complete yoruba boy when I heard that the juju wiped away from me .so I re negotiated with the man so I later sent 5000 naira ,then later that day a particular number called me and he claimed to be the driver so he told me to come and block him at oshodi ..happily I put on my cloth and rushed to oshodi after some minutes he called back that I should send the remaining money to the seller, that that's how they transact the business so the seller also cooked up a lie that at least he told me this earlier so immediately I confirmed that have been scammed .so please just follow what ever jiji tells you ''do not pay a penney before delivery'' .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragnet, puskin, honsule please help push this post to fp ..save more life in this recession

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scam Alert !! by gidimasters(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
Nothing to push to fp...

It's clearly stated on the site not to pay anybody b4 you get your goods

9 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by ipobarecriminals: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
grin undecided sad cool grin sad cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert !! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
iambakay:
Good evening nairalanders am here tonight to actually help any living soul out there that likes to buy cheap things on jiji. Please am not here to abuse anyone locality , but after much research on getting used and new Product at cheap price ,I discovered that it is just better for you to visit any phones sale outlet around you .I have been duped twice on jiji by some sellers who are always located in badagry area of lagos ,nigeria .they will always bring up a ridiculous price for phones ,for instance I was told to buy an iphone 6s 64g with all accessories for 40000naira .. Immediately I saw this ,I got charmed to that phone , not that they used juju on me ,but that cheap price and my 100% love for the phone.I was then told to pay a sum of 20000, has part payment and to also show my urge and desire to really get the phone. As a complete yoruba boy when I heard that the juju wiped away from me .so I re negotiated with the man so I later sent 5000 naira ,then later that day a particular number called me and he claimed to be the driver so he told me to come and block him at oshodi ..happily I put on my cloth and rushed to oshodi after some minutes he called back that I should send the remaining money to the seller, that that's how they transact the business so the seller also cooked up a lie that at least he told me this earlier so immediately I confirmed that have been scammed .so please just follow what ever jiji tells you ''do not pay a penney before delivery'' .

hmm

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by Silvawazza(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ah.. Sowie ooo..
But it is very obvious dat badagry people on Olx, Efritin and jiji are all scammer..

5 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
Silvawazza:
Ah.. Sowie ooo..
But it is very obvious dat badagry people on Olx, Efritin and jiji are all scammer..
I don't bother checking the advert once I see badagry as the location

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
gidimasters:
Nothing to push to fp...

It's clearly stated on the site not to pay anybody b4 you get your goods
do you think everyone will go with a website stated rules and regulation..people prefer listening to others experience before they act ..trust me .!!
Re: Scam Alert !! by Silvawazza(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
iambakay:
Yea... I know them right from the days of whogobuy.com and tradestable

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
iambakay:
Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by yomi007k(m): 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
iambakay:
do you think everyone will go with a website stated rules and regulation..people prefer listening to others experience before they act ..trust me .!!

Then de will keep getting scammed

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by fineboynl(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
that's a cheap scam. I can't believe you fall for it.
Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 12:11am On Mar 05, 2017
fineboynl:
that's a cheap scam. I can't believe you fall for it.
..actually am also ashamed of myself .. Anyways. Iphone love caused it all
Re: Scam Alert !! by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2017
iambakay:

But wait a minute. U actually thought u could get an iPhone 6s 64gb for 40k? Lol ha ha ha kikiikiiki. Guy if u take 40 units of that phone to computer village at a price of 120k each dealers will buy everything from u in less than 5 mins. So tell me why someone will now be wasting his time to sell it to u at 40k. Dem suppose use koboko flog u.

4 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by nani667: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2017
that's very old scamming technique... They have been scamming with that same story for years, in surprised you fell for that...

Once you see Badagry just know it's Scam... they will first ask your location, when you tell them Lagos they will then tell you they are in Sokoto or Taraba, somewhere far away and tell you to Send a certain amount as Part Payment to show you are serious about it... rubbish...

these days they have even started using other locations, not only Badagry... saw one very Cheap phone recently on Jiji, and I saw the location was Lekki so I was rushing to dial the number to be the first to get the deal. Firstly the number never went through sef, kept going to forwarding(normal thing scammers will do so the Scamees won'tbe able to reach them), and when I sent him a message on Jiji to Send me a number I can reach Him on he sent a different number, only for me to finally Call and the Basterd asked where I was, I told him my location in Lagos and he went on to tell me he was in Ogun State(after stating Lekki in the Advert)...he then asked that I send 20K part payment to show I'm serious, then the phone will be sent... I just told him to Send his account details and I will send the money..

And I cut the Call and moved on...

If anyone on Jiji or OLX asks you to Send any money don't bother... unless you have access cash to dash out...
Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 12:27am On Mar 05, 2017
greenhulk:

But wait a minute. U actually thought u could get an iPhone 6s 64gb for 40k? Lol ha ha ha kikiikiiki. Guy if u take 40 units of that phone to computer village at a price of 120k each dealers will buy everything from u in less than 5 mins. So tell me why someone will now be wasting his time to sell it to u at 40k. Dem suppose use koboko flog u.
..bros ogah ooh ,you and this your soldier mentality ..koboko treatment for falling for a scam ..han han

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 12:32am On Mar 05, 2017
nani667:
that's very old scamming technique... They have been scamming with that same story for years, in surprised you fell for that...

Once you see Badagry just know it's Scam... they will first ask your location, when you tell them Lagos they will then tell you they are in Sokoto or Taraba, somewhere far away and tell you to Send a certain amount as Part Payment to show you are serious about it... rubbish...

these days they have even started using other locations, not only Badagry... saw one very Cheap phone recently on Jiji, and I saw the location was Lekki so I was rushing to dial the number to be the first to get the deal. Firstly the number never went through sef, kept going to forwarding(normal thing scammers will do so the Scamees won'tbe able to reach them), and when I sent him a message on Jiji to Send me a number I can reach Him on he sent a different number, only for me to finally Call and the Basterd asked where I was, I told him my location in Lagos and he went on to tell me he was in Ogun State(after stating Lekki in the Advert)...he then asked that I send 20K part payment to show I'm serious, then the phone will be sent... I just told him to Send his account details and I will send the money..

And I cut the Call and moved on...

If anyone on Jiji or OLX asks you to Send any money don't bother... unless you have access cash to dash out...
well life is full of lessons ..I promise my self not to be an outlaw again..I will always abide by all stipulated regulations
Re: Scam Alert !! by rafkaz(m): 3:09am On Mar 05, 2017
iambakay:
you too want buy iphobe6s+ 40k, you too need to check your self lol
Re: Scam Alert !! by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2017
iambakay:
..bros ogah ooh ,you and this your soldier mentality ..koboko treatment for falling for a scam ..han han

Sorry for ur loss. But some scams are so obvious that u don't even need to fall for. iPhone 6s 64gb for 40k? U should know that is 200% scam. On top of that badagry? That's 100% scam. It's just like those car adverts on OLX where someone would post Camry 2010 model for 300k... And some folks still fall for it.

I once saw an iPhone 6s plus 64gb on jiji for 120k. For my mind I was like 50% certain it couldn't be real, but then I thought the owner might just need money so I said why not give it a try but I ain't sending money for what I have not seen. We agreed to meet at a bank (it was on Saturday) I waited for him and when he finally came with the phone, it looked clean and shiny (too shiny actually). The dude was talking on his other phone and was acting like he was in a hurry so he expected me to just pay him so he can go. I checked the phone and it was shinko, but I didn't tell him straightforward. I asked him to open app store and I was expecting to see play store. But the shinko that made that phone were smart, the app store failed to open and the guy was like it's network issue.i then connected it to my hotspot, same thing.... App store failed to open and the guy was like he's in a hurry. There were some faults in the build quality and phone was not fast enough, in fact it must be running lollipop with 1gb of ram and then covered in iOS like theme. And when I tried to type the keyboard had some Chinese characters in it... On an iPhone keyboard.

Anyway I told the guy point blank that the phone was fake, he didn't even argue.. he collected it as zoomed off. U should be careful when buying phones from Jiji and OLX, a lot of people are not honest. If u want to buy a used phone just go to computer village if it is not far from u and don't buy from roadside... Buy from a shop. If u must buy online then shine ur eyes very well.

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by blank(f): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2017
I remember when all these online stores first came out. I wanted to buy something and asked the guy for his location. He said he was in Apapa and I was in Lekki so no deal but that he has a shop but I would have to register by phone. I was interested and asked how. He asked what telco company I used then asked me to dial a string of numbers that started with * something * . I immediately said I won't do it and he started shouting that he wasn't asking me to send money but to register.

I just cut him off and reported him to their site. Imagine him shouting at me because of a stupid site. I felt the code was to either transfer money or mobile banking or something sinister. I didn't bother listening to the end.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by Tjohnnay: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2017
Nigerians and greed ar like buhari and sickness grin
Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Sorry for ur loss. But some scams are so obvious that u don't even need to fall for. iPhone 6s 64gb for 40k? U should know that is 200% scam. On top of that badagry? That's 100% scam. It's just like those car adverts on OLX where someone would post Camry 2010 model for 300k... And some folks still fall for it.

I once saw an iPhone 6s plus 64gb on jiji for 120k. For my mind I was like 50% certain it couldn't be real, but then I thought the owner might just need money so I said why not give it a try but I ain't sending money for what I have not seen. We agreed to meet at a bank (it was on Saturday) I waited for him and when he finally came with the phone, it looked clean and shiny (too shiny actually). The dude was talking on his other phone and was acting like he was in a hurry so he expected me to just pay him so he can go. I checked the phone and it was shinko, but I didn't tell him straightforward. I asked him to open app store and I was expecting to see play store. But the shinko that made that phone were smart, the app store failed to open and the guy was like it's network issue.i then connected it to my hotspot, same thing.... App store failed to open and the guy was like he's in a hurry. There were some faults in the build quality and phone was not fast enough, in fact it must be running lollipop with 1gb of ram and then covered in iOS like theme. And when I tried to type the keyboard had some Chinese characters in it... On an iPhone keyboard.

Anyway I told the guy point blank that the phone was fake, he didn't even argue.. he collected it as zoomed off. U should be careful when buying phones from Jiji and OLX, a lot of people are not honest. If u want to buy a used phone just go to computer village if it is not far from u and don't buy from roadside... Buy from a shop. If u must buy online then shine ur eyes very well.
helpful
Re: Scam Alert !! by iambakay(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tjohnnay:
Nigerians and greed ar like buhari and sickness grin
mister presido infected me
Re: Scam Alert !! by BrutalJab: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
You deserved to be flogged aswear. mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by ceejay80s(m): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
Silvawazza:
Ah.. Sowie ooo..

Who told u they are all from badagry, he could even be ur neighbor living close to u

4 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by ceejay80s(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by MrBONE2(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
iambakay:
mister presido infected me
if you allowed them to scam you again,You will deserve some Guwara Guwara grin
Re: Scam Alert !! by Silvawazza(m): 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
ceejay80s:

Who told u they are all from badagry, he could even be ur neighbor living close to u
Yes he could be my neighbor but badagry pple are already tagged on online selling platform as scammer.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert !! by GRACEGLORY: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
Obviously, even some jiji agents are working with them... someone just hacked my account on jiji, and posted his add on my top ad. His number: 08028629162

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert !! by WokoCrew: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
GRACEGLORY:
Obviously, even some jiji agents are working with them... someone just hacked my account on jiji, and posted his add on my top ad. His number: 08028629162
Why not apply to jiji support ?
Re: Scam Alert !! by GRACEGLORY: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
WokoCrew:

Why not apply to jiji support ?

Jiji what? They ain't responding. I have sent numerous mails

The attachment is as a result to open anothere account so I could contact them better. For where, no response.

The attachment with the Sienna is the one I lost to the scam

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert !! by TonyHoysa: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2017
GRACEGLORY:
Guys I think if you follow the recommendations from jiji to protect your account, everything will be ok !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out The Inscription On The T Shirts Of This Father And Son (PHOTO) / Poco X3 Vs Pixel 4a / Blackberry Repair In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.