Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,112 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec (2930 Views)

Poll: Can Portsmouth defeat Chelsea?

Yes: 23% (6 votes)
No: 65% (17 votes)
They'll get a draw: 11% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth (4 - 0) On 8th January 2011 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [1 - 0] On Saturday, 15th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
Chelsea welcome ex-gaffer Avram Grant's side, Portsmouth, to Stamford Bridge in a bid to grab 3 vital points and ensure they remain at the top of the league table. Chelsea's suicidal defending from set-pieces threatens to wreck their title ambitions as they drew 3-3 with Everton and failed to win for the fourth game in a row.
With Manchester United and Arsenal very close behind now, Chelsea cannot safely afford another slip.

The Drogba-Anelka partnership is still very effective. The duo keep scoring, with the larger share of goals coming from Didier Drogba.
In the middle, Mikel Obi has seen increased pitch action since the exit of Michael Essien due to injury. Frank Lampard and Michael Ballack remain regular starters, and will definitely be vital to coach Ancellotti's welcome plan for Portsmouth.
Goalie Petr Cech has got a huge question mark hanging over his head. Since his infamous clash with Reading's Stephen Hunt back in 2006 when he fractured his skull, Cech seems to have lost his edge.
Of recent, his seeming lack of confidence has left him uncertain in goal, leaving his defenders equally unsure of him and themselves as a result. Against Everton on Saturday, John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho kept making avoidable mistakes.  .  .communication with Cech was quite poor.
Chelsea need to recover the strength in back they've possessed for the most part of the season to remain strong contenders for the title.

Avram Grant returns to his former club, this time in the role of the opposition.
Portsmouth are currently sitting comfortably at the bottom of the table, a position that has been theirs uncontested for a while now. Remains to be seen what miracles Avram Grant can work to change the team's fortunes.
Aruna Dindane and  Frederic Piquionne should be Grant's first choice strikers to lead the charge against Chelsea. Nwankwo Kanu will be available on the bench, as usual.
Aaron Mokoena and Kevin-Prince Boateng are two attacking midfielders to look out for. They don't score all the time, but once in a while they get the occasional goal.
Defender Younes Kaboul is another one to look out for. He has managed to put himself firmly on Portsmouth's goal-scorers' list.
Goalie David James will be in goal.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Borat1: 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
Criz,
So cos Cech is having a torrid few games, you have traced his inconsistency back down to his clash with hunt? You should have read history. . . sad
Anyway to the game,
Carlotti planned to axe some players if they 'messed up' against everton. Remains to be seen what action he'll take.
We'll beat portsmouth for sure, and thats cos manscum will surely beat wolves and then the onus will be on us to regain our lead
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by TYPOP(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2009
Even when I wish Chelski loses, this seems decided already, unless there is a miracle. Pompey seems to enjoy the top seat of the relegation zone.
If only you know how well I desire that miracle . . .

I don't like them - Chelski
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by bigfather(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2009
Can't stick out me neck for this game jare.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by BinghiNya(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
A draw is written over this
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Ibime(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
Chelsea 5 - 0 Portsmouth.

BTW Crizzle, the wording of your poll is incorrect.

Can Portsmouth get 3 points:

(1.) Yes - Correct

(2.) No - That means they can still get a draw

(3.) They'll draw - is a subset of (2.)

(2.) and (3.) are not mutually exclusive.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Cristalz(f): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
Yes boss. cheesy
Waz darn sleepy when I did dem little previews last night. Will edit.

@Borat
That's the fact of the matter, dearie. . .since the helmet found his head, he lost his edge.
Dude now puts his head before Chelsea when going for balls. grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Drog is likely to be unavailable for this.
Report says he got injured in training.

CFC 3 - Port 0
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by adebayo201: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Drog is likely to be unavailable for this.
Report says he got injured in training.

CFC 3 - Port 0

i totaly disagree with dat yor poll. it is nt going to be easy at SB undecided undecided
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by switch47(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2009
chelsea!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by adebayo201: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
nothing will happen tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2009
adebayo201:

i totaly disagree with dat yor poll. it is nt going to be easy at SB undecided undecided

You have a right to disagree.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
Carllotti on Drogba's situation. .

"We have to control his condition and will take a decision. I think that he can play."
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
If we have to kill to win this game . . we do.
We cannot afford not to take all 3 pts.

Ballack and Carvalho I believe will be dropped for Malouda and Alex. . .If Alex is fit.
Which means Lampard will play on the right of the diamond and Malouda on the left. . Joe at the top.

If we are comfortable at 60mins. . Kakuta or Borini may feature. .
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chrisical(m): 9:39am On Dec 16, 2009
Yep Alex is coming in for carvalho.We should win this
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 10:57am On Dec 16, 2009
This is a MUST WIN match!
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by frgy1: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2009
I pray 4 a miracle.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by OJEZ02: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
I have already watched this match in the night.It ended one goal to both sides.kpele chesea fans.moreover,there are still many matches to play this season.Take it easy with the diamond(die down) formation.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chelseabmw(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2009
chelsea go for gold, lets go there
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
OJEZ02:

I have already watched this match in the night.It ended one goal to both sides.kpele chesea fans.moreover,there are still many matches to play this season.Take it easy with the diamond(die down) formation.
iro lo pa.
Back to sender. tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Borat1: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
Please chidi1, babypalm and co spare us this your leekweed bulls*it!
Go advertise your site some place else
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by MAXP1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
Chelsea will return to their rampaging best tonight. Watchout for a one-sided six-goal thriller
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by lmay18(f): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
frgy_:

I pray 4 a miracle.

Miracle to beat portsmouth?
nah, this is a sure 3 points for Chelsea!
back to winning @ SB, it is our culture, it's in blood
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by mykali(m): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
we need these 3points. This xmas aint gonna be as jolly as it sounds.
Hope DD is fit . . .fantasy wise
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by drogba(m): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
No Drogba in today's lineup. Alex starts ahead of carvalho and Deco is at the tip of the diamond.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lineup:
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Deco, Anelka, Kalou.
Subs: Hilario, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Malouda, Zhirkov, Paulo Ferreira, Borini.

Kakuta a.k.a The Prince should be playing in matches like this, yes?
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by MrCrackles(m): 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
FBS:

Lineup:
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Deco, Anelka, Kalou.
Subs: Hilario, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Malouda, Zhirkov, Paulo Ferreira, Borini.

Kakuta a.k.a The Prince should be playing in games like this, yes?
Only if he was in ARSENAL cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
These are the sort of games Deco should be playing.

And I expect him to take the match to Portsmouth. Nothing short of that.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
Kalouuuuuuu? hmmmmmmm
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
Another corner

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

QPR Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 30th December 2012 / Málaga Vs Barcelona (1 - 4) On Sunday 22nd January 2012 / UCL: Viktoria Plzen Vs Barcelona (0 - 3) On 1st November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.