Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

At January 8th House Of Style We Transform The Simplest Of Fabrics To Breathtaki - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / At January 8th House Of Style We Transform The Simplest Of Fabrics To Breathtaki (493 Views)

Makeup Artist Transform The Bleaching Face Of An Old Woman, See Reaction / Bye To Brown Teeth! Here Is The Simplest Home Method To Get White Teeth In 3days / Tonto Dike Pictured With Dou Singer, Shifi And Zeal Of Style-plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

At January 8th House Of Style We Transform The Simplest Of Fabrics To Breathtaki by sirchikero: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2017
How do you take a piece of fabrics and create an amazing style that transforms whoever wears it into a charming, confident being ? This is the headache of fashion dummies but fashion maestros like Frances Anyaechi breed classic fashion styles daily! This delectable fashionista is the Creative Director of #January 8Th House of Style. In this exclusive interview with Publisher of Chikero.Com.Ng, Paschal Chikero, she opens up on how she runs one of the best fashion brands in Lagos. Enjoy.

Let’s meet you?
My name is #Frances Anyaeji

How did you get into the fashion business ?

Fashion has always been it for me.

I have always loved beautiful clothes right from a very young age. I picked interest in fashion as a career in my university days but I didn’t go in immediately. I finished school, served, worked a bit in the corporate world (the usual 9 to 5), then moved out to start my business. I had done alot of trainings before then in preparation for when I’ll launch out.

How long have you been in fashion business?
Hmm, I have done this since 2014 but I officially started my label- August 1st 2016.

What is the unique selling point of your brand?
The fact that our clothes fits perfectly. Every woman (irrespective of age and body type) can feel confident in our clothes. We can transform the simplest of fabrics to breathtaking outfits. Our specialty are couture and statement pieces. January 8th House of style was established to cater for the classic and trendy ladies who are fashion conscious. We transform fabrics into the dream outfit. We also train the next generation designers. We officially commenced business in August 2016.

Do you design for both gender, if not why?
We do just female, that’s where my strength lies

They say female fashion products sell more than those of men, do you think that’s still true today?
Hmm, I think so. Women love beauty and elegance and easily identify with anything that brings that out in them

As a designer in Nigeria what are the challenges you face?
Power supply- we practically provide power for ourselves which is very expensive.
Getting good, honest and efficient staff to work with is also a tall order.

Where will your business be in the next 5 years?
A household name- locally and internationally. A brand that everyone, both home and abroad, can connect to.

What would be the advise you will give any young person going into fashion business?

You must have passion for Fashion and be sure this is what you want to do- Fashion looks glamorous but it’s not child’s play. If you are patient, dedicated to your passion and pay attention to details. You will go a very long way.
Finally, where and how can clients get your designs?

Our office is at 34 Ago road (Esuola Bustop) Ago Palace Way, Okota.
Our phone no- 08159051713
Email address- january8thstyle@gmail.com
Instagram-@january8th_style
Facebook- January8th house of Style; /january8thstyle; (@january8thstyle)
Twitter: @january8thstyle
See more pices below :

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress/music Artist "I-nem" Slays In New IG Photo / David's Baby Mama Saga: Seven (7) Things I Noticed About Nigerian Male Celebs / Davido Pays Big Brother Housemates Suprise Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.