Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

New Age Chelsea Fans An Absolute Disgrace - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / New Age Chelsea Fans An Absolute Disgrace (1061 Views)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Age Chelsea Fans An Absolute Disgrace by uniknet: 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin Until now, I thought I was the only person who was of this opinion until this:

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has branded the Chelsea boo-boys as an "absolute disgrace" to their club and everything that it stands for.

The west London side had not conceded in the Premier League in ten games at Stamford Bridge, until Everton recently hammered in three to secure a draw.

However, despite salvaging a point from the encounter, the team were booed off the pitch by a section of the crown when the referee brought the proceedings to a close.

"Those fans who jeered are an absolute disgrace," Wright said in his column for The Sun.

"They might have plenty of money but, in football terms, they have no class whatsoever.

"They have either forgotten where their club has come from or they have no idea about Chelsea's problems down the years.

"I have got mates who support Chelsea and they are disgusted and embarrassed by the New Age fans who have crawled out of the woodwork to support this now successful club.

"A large number of people hate Chelsea because of the way they have bought their success and, I must admit, some of the fans are not helping the club's reputation.

"They have either forgotten where their club has come from or they have no idea about Chelsea's problems down the years."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/12/15/1688279/ian-wright-new-age-chelsea-supporters-are-an-absolute

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Winner 2013-who's Gonna Win / A Shocking Story About Cristiano Ronaldo / Is Dstv Airing The Champions League?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.