Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,720 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time (2059 Views)

Naijaloaded Has Been Panatrated By Cyber Guru Hacker / Cosmo, The Hacker ‘god’ Who Fell To Earth - MUST READ (PART 2) / I Need The Services Of A Hacker! Very Urgent Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by cdeveloper(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
Hey guys i see a lot of guys talking about hacking and the fun of it . yeah it is really fun when you learn how to break into systems and stuff like that but what happens if it turns out that you are the victim of this break-in. Well it is really not fun then cos imagine you have sensitive information in your system like a blue-print for the next biggest innovation in the development of space-craft and only to wake up the next morning and your system is telling you access denied and when you use brute-force on it you trigger off perhaps what is known today as Mutative Algorithm and you do not have a single idea how to go about dealing with it.
That is what i call a living hell cos your intellectual innovation is gone into thin air and within minutes you will be posted a link on where to download the blue-print you have spent ages building.This is a hypothetical scenario but it could happen. I have found that the greatest hacker that ever lived is in the person of Kevin David Mitnick now a computer security consultant. This guy hacking adventure was triggered when the US hired an outsider as a computer security.This single act spurred kevin into an adventurous path filled with jail terms. He was not deterred one bit until the government could not help it but employ him as the chief security consultant.
To get a feel of what this guy did watch "Takedown"  or read some of his books,The art of Social Engineering
This is an epitome of what i called the good hacker who used his knowledge to do something good and i think any one who just sets up a phishing site to collect personal information he or she can use to gain access to someone's account is not in essence a hacker but a rookie learning the basics of digital stealing. A Genius hacker does not need much information to break into a system and i must say that great hacker are also great coders who when they could not find the right driver for a hardware they develop there own.
Hacking involves a lot of programming- especially the grand-father of all programming language C , networking skills and a bit of social ethics. The social ethics comes in handy when you have to enter an organization posing as someone very important and there in front of you is the pretty receptionist practicing  what has been rammed into her brain on how to welcome customers and make then return again. Unknown to her this guy is different, he walked in looking composed and speaking in a professional manner that if the receptionist is not hooked already might fall for him instantly.That would be a plus for the guy because that is one of his motive for coming. Next he comes too close to the receptionist desks and while the pretty receptionist is wondering what this guy is up to in the social sense of it , the guy is busy taking in every bit of information he finds on the receptionist desks, names, phone number, addresses, and most important the receptionist login details for her system.
The last bit of information is what an experienced hacker need to start off his work. Starting first with the receptionist system he gains access to other systems and launches what is called Computer Worms This stuff has the ability to replicate itself,keep track of every instance of itself within the network and transmit information back and forth.At this stage computer systems start getting bogged down with loads of uncalled for  processes and the pretty receptionist calls on the inexperienced engineer to check up the system. This engineer starts the system,runs computer virus scans and peers at the scan logs and finds nothing and he exclaims "Perhaps you need to defragment the system".
But the experienced guys will figure out that their network has been compromised because he knows too well the processes that should be running on the system and when he checks the process logs he sees stuff like Mutative Key Logger Running etc.

This is a typical hacking scenario and i learned about this while writing a research paper on computer worms and its impact on the society as well as reading the books by Kevin Mitnick
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Good Job brother. Thanks for informing us on ways to be a hacker. I personally could have been one if i was born in the computer age. Not like i'm that old grin but we have not yet eveloved into the I.T age like other more advanced countries. I only hope Nija turns out more good hackers than the bad ones.
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by mrperfect(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
Any thing negative could be turn to positive only if its operated by positive mind set person.
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by yawatide(f): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
Why does this post remind me of our various juju men who, despite their talent, use it to wreck evil, as opposed to using it to make Nigeria comparable to, if not better than, places like the US? cool
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ yawatide, long time, come on YIM .
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by SamMilla1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
ctrl c + ctrl p grin
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by DualCore1: 8:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
sam na ctrl + v
u dey fall ma hand o angry
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by SamMilla1(m): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Dual Core:

sam na ctrl + v
u dey fall ma hand o angry

lol grin

that means i have never done it before.

plus i m on a mandarin keyboard,
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by DualCore1: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sam Milla:

lol grin

that means i have never done it before.

plus i m on a mandarin keyboard,

Master Chun Lu says never make excuses in life for it is not the way of a true smf ninja angry
Re: The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time by SamMilla1(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2009
Dual Core:

Master Chun Lu says never make excuses in life for it is not the way of a true smf ninja angry

chun lu died many years ago.
i guess that was why he died before me grin

(1)

Scratch Card Printing / Web Design Training In ILORIN.Learn how to make money online,on facebook,twitter / Best Messenger App Made in Nigeria (better Than Whatsapp).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.