Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. (711 Views)

TECNO Is Twice Apple Inc. Valuation According To IPO / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
I did a kind of Research recently as a Mechanical Engineer, on Air Resistance(AeroDynamic Drag).
Aerodynamic drag is a form of Force just like Friction, that opposes object in motion.
Scientists have employed ways to reduce this drag, and they now reduce the size of objects, say Cars, Aeroplanes, to reduce its Air Resistance on them.
I implore fellow Scientists like myself, to run this Hypothesis to verify, approve or disprove it.
My Hypothesis:
I found out that Aerodynamic Drag is much twice greater in the Night than in the Morning. Maybe because the Sun tends to reduce/ionise it through heat/heat energy during the day than in the night.
How I ran the test:
In Physics, we deal with object similar to a concept, so that if it works, then it will work in reality. I made use of Galileo's Method, but Galileo used Stone and Feather to compare Air Resistance on Gravity. For me, I used a Living Fowl capable of flying to a height...
Continue reading below...
Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
This Fowl, I noticed that it can easily fly to a nearby High Table. Then, I decided to know and compare it while working on similar object that encounter Air Resistance. I closed the door to where the Table was, then getting to Night hours, I opened the door to enable this Fowl fly to it. I did this thrice and observed that it takes more time and energy for the Fowl to fly to such Height at Night, which now proposed My Hypothesis.
Facts to back it up:
A) Sagging wire at night is more harder to pull than when the wires is being unsagged by Sun during the daytime.
B) When a driver drives on road, it is much easier for a similar car on the same velocity to drive over it in the morning, than in the night.
C) It is easier to lift a Bucket full with water, in the morning than in the night.
D) It is easier for a Bird to fly to a near Tree, in the morning than in the night....
So many facts to back it up.
Continue reading below...
Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
I implore Engineers that when designing, consider Air Resistance. Then, test such components Efficiency at Night, if better, the Efficiency would be greater and Air Resistance twice lesser in the Morning.
By,
Natureboy91.
Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
I'm highly proud of you and your profession bro! I love research and researchers as well.
First, just like you said, the fowl was able to fly much easier in the morning than at night. This means the force that acted against the fowl's flight in the morning is not the same as the force that acted against its flight at night. In other words, the forces are not uniform. The forces probably changed because they are affected by temperature, pressure or humidity of the surrounding environment.
Therefore to test this hypothesis, I'll like to use the popular equation below:
F = 1/2 * P * V2 * C * A
Where
F = Drag Force
P = Density of the fluid (air)
V = Velocity of the fowl
C = Drag coefficient and
A = Surface area where the fowl is flying
Continue reading below.
Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
So let's assume the temperature of the air in our experiment ground (Surface area = A) was 37 Degree centigrade at a pressure of 120 Pa in the morning. We won't subsitute these values into the equation since there are no variables for them. Instead we will have to observe the speed (V2 above) of the fowl at 37 degrees centigrade, at pressure 120 Pa, and at Area = A.
Similarly, at night, we record the temperature and pressure of the experiment ground (Surface area = A) and repeat the same experiment. We again observe the speed of the fowl (V2) at this new temperature and pressure.
If the forces differ in value, it simply means that Aerodynamic Drag depends on temperature, pressure as well as the surface area of the experiment ground. My observation though...
Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
Laive:
So let's assume the temperature of the air in our experiment ground (Surface area = A) was 37 Degree centigrade at a pressure of 120 Pa in the morning. We won't subsitute these values into the equation since there are no variables for them. Instead we will have to observe the speed (V2[/sub] above) of the fowl at 37 degrees centigrade, at pressure 120 Pa, and at Area = A.
Similarly, at night, we record the temperature and pressure of the experiment ground (Surface area = A) and repeat the same experiment. We again observe the speed of the fowl (V[sup]2) at this new temperature and pressure.
If the forces differ in value, it simply means that Aerodynamic Drag depends on temperature, pressure as well as the surface area of the experiment ground. My observation though...
Thumb up, bro!

1 Like

Re: My Hypothesis: Aerodynamic Drag At Night Is Twice Greater Than That In Morning. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Thumb up, bro!
Thanks bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tubemate For Android Updated | APK Download / How To Activate 4GB Data For Free Every Week On MTN And Airtel Networks / I Know Nigerian Schools Still Teach 3 State Of Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.