Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,218 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. (35565 Views)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Father Trains Dog To Prevent Daughter From Using Phone During Homework / 10 Ways To Prevent Fire Outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2017
To be sincere, only God protects. Haven't you see snakes entering into a very attaractive building with a tidy environment and also away from vegetation?

3 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thank you OP

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Einl(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Lol! Ignorance, sorry to say. You think everything is science? The science methods are mainly the ones listed on biological methods. That's why the bitter kola is listed on cultural methods or lets say traditional methods.

I'm ignorant and you're superstitious.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by jessyb: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
if you are resident in Lagos and want to make extra money in a real estate firm, whatsapp 07084910289 for more details
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
San2ski:
Op abeg, that part about burnt bread, abeg which type of bread? Agege bread or Chopright bread. Because these two have different compositions grin
Best, agege bread.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nbote:
U jus go Internet copy oyibo post com create thread.. I bet if I ask u wat snake proof fencing is u have no idea.. Shoot snake gun abi...
Pls, tell me which site? I have seen in my village when a hunter shot at a snake. For the snake proof fencing, go to port harcourt and see large compound houses having it. It's like an iron-net, that's strips of twisted metals, the ones you see on a football pitch, go to benue state polytechnic football pitch & see 4 urself.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
michaelhonest44:
To be sincere, only God protects. Haven't you see snakes entering into a very attaractive building with a tidy environment and also away from vegetation?
Yes, but will God protect u when ur home is untidy? Heaven help those that help themselves. Thanks, bro!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Einl:

I'm ignorant and you're superstitious.
Pls, it doesn't call for a fight. Hope, you read my 1st paragraph on this thread? For the word "ignorance," then I'm sorry to have made such word. My apologises, bro!

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by bedspread: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
OP AND LALA MUST BE CLOSEEEE SEATED TOGETHER

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Cutehector(m): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
KillerBeauty:
I remember when my sis saw a snake going into our empty gateman room. We use the room to stored old tools and stuff. We called some abokis to help us kill the snake but they were scared to enter the room to search for it. My dad came with those chemical repellent and sprayed it all over the room and in the compound.
Them the next day search for the snake. The snake was dead and Its entire body has melted.
In the next weeks that followed we didn't even see lizard near the house. They all ran away because of d chemicals
can u ask ur dad d name of d chemical? Want to buy it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Erums(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
Why do you kill snakes... Deyre nice species
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by GoldenJulius(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Op you won spoil market for lalasticlala abi?
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
GoldenJulius:
Op you won spoil market for lalasticlala abi?
Lol!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Yes, but will God protect u when ur home is untidy? Heaven help those that help themselves. Thanks, bro!
well sha, you are making sense.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Austin234(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
That chemical must be harmful for human health

Cutehector:
can u ask ur dad d name of d chemical? Want to buy it

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by andy2infinity: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
Get plants that repel snakes, there's one green plant called anti-snake, very very powerful, it doesent have smell to humans but snakes perceive it from far. I planted it behind my bedroom window about 4months ago and since then i have never sighted any snake unlike before we see snake almost everday. Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
grin
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Cupidkc(m): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
I'm here to learn one or two.... Still looking for the most effective way to prevent snakes from coming close.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by bizzibodi(m): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2018
KillerBeauty:
I remember when my sis saw a snake going into our empty gateman room. We use the room to stored old tools and stuff. We called some abokis to help us kill the snake but they were scared to enter the room to search for it. My dad came with those chemical repellent and sprayed it all over the room and in the compound.
Them the next day search for the snake. The snake was dead and Its entire body has melted.
In the next weeks that followed we didn't even see lizard near the house. They all ran away because of d chemicals
Which chemical that is what is important.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by KillerBeauty(f): 7:39am On Sep 13, 2018
bizzibodi:

Which chemical that is what is important.
This happened years ago and it was my dad who did the fumigation. I don't know the name of the chemical he used.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by bizzibodi(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
KillerBeauty:

This happened years ago and it was my dad who did the fumigation. I don't know the name of the chemical he used.
Ask him.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by mohioma: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
andy2infinity:
Get plants that repel snakes, there's one green plant called anti-snake, very very powerful, it doesent have smell to humans but snakes perceive it from far. I planted it behind my bedroom window about 4months ago and since then i have never sighted any snake unlike before we see snake almost everday. Goodluck

Please how can one get it
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Usualsuspect: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
There seems to be much thread discussion about Snakes on Nairaland, so I thought that some information on how to repel/prevent/kill Snakes would be interesting.
Snakes are some of the most persecuted of all animals due to unfounded fears. The enemity between Humans and Snakes started from the fall of man according to the Holy Bible, and still exist till date.
Note, some Snakes are harmful while few are harmless. And there's nothing like a good Snake, the only good Snake is a dead Snake.
Also, note that a Snake will never strike or attack for no reason. Just like other animals, a Snake strikes occur when provoked or surprised. It can easily strike when people are attempting to kill or get rid of it(snake).
WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HOME INHABITABLE FOR SNAKES.
1. Keep your home free from plants/grasses: by clearing grasses, piled woods, leaves, etc, knowing that snakes love hiding in dark warm places.
2. Avoid tall growing trees: avoid trees like palmtree, growing over the roof ...
Continue reading below...

Nice post have heard about this bitter kola that its very potent in repelling snake because of its odour. Will try it and share testimony
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Usualsuspect: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Please whats the name of the plant in yoruba?

andy2infinity:
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Usualsuspect: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
andy2infinity:

Name of the plant please
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by seunlayi(m): 12:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Need the name of the plant and chemical too
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by OmoOshodi(m): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lalasticlala will never allow this kind of educative thread to reach front page

Lala and snake are what again??

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by wtfCode: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
I discovered a snake in a WC toilet today.
I called a friend to help out, he suggested I pour petrol(fuel) inside the WC.
I got a litre of fuel and flushed it down.
I don't know how effective this would be

This post got me calmed rn.

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by legennd2: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
wtfCode:
I discovered a snake in a WC toilet today.
I called a friend to help out, he suggested I pour petrol(fuel) inside the WC.
I got a litre of fuel and flushed it down.
I don't know how effective this would be

This post got me calmed rn.
how did it go, i hope you are still alive

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Benue State University Graduate Celebrates. People React / Meet Unilag Best Graduating Student / Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.