Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,332 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

Mary And I (1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mary And I (1) (6160 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
MARY AND I 18+

So Mary was my friend, as in close pal we studied the same course and reside in the same house, her room was next to mine, we were like five and six despite our gender difference, some people call me her husband and she never fought anyone one to stop it despite the fact that she had a boyfriend on the same campus, her belief was that Segun will understand that she can't date her course mate and even her house mate at that, although Segun was a jealous type, I noticed that through the way he greets me whenever we have course to, he greets me like his rival but I never give a damned.

It was on a Sunday evening, this aroma became so inviting that I had to leave my room for hers, her pot of Ogbono soup can not be ignored as she garnished it with Titus fish, ponmo, goat meat, snail and crayfish. Oh a wrap of semo would not be bad for this type of soup, "I said" no why not 20 wraps? "she responded" that was our usual way anyway so her response was nothing to me, of course she likes to eat semo but her Ibotic nature denied her of the skill to prepare it, all she could do is Apu and Eba.

Wait Mary, is Segun coming today cos this your soup no be small thing on, person fit use the aroma self chop for dream but how come you told me that you didn't have money yesterday, Chei women, despite all I was saying there was no response from her but I gave no damn whether she like it or not, let Segun die if he wants to die, even if there is anything else in the soup I must have a taste.

I rest my back on her 3 1/2 mattress and was surprised at what happened next, Mary fell straight on my chest, it was a great shock, I was only thinking about the Ogbono soup and semo but what happened was way beyond that, I could not ask Mary to stand up, I guess no guy of my age will reject such advance except if been followed to school by his village people, I kept quite for about 1 minute as my brain was very busy thinking about the next line of action. Is Mary drunk or something? "I thought within me" I opened my gentle arms to caress her back which was very pleasant, I thought she would reject that but she welcomed it.

Few seconds to the romance, we were carried away by our lustful act when there was a sudden knock at the door. Hoooooooooooooo who could that be, are you expecting someone? "I asked " but Mary could not look me in the end eye, I guess she felt shy of her move, we both adjusted our position as if nothing had happened and it took her almost 90 seconds before she could ask the person at the door who he/she was. Guess what!..................

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by sirblero(m): 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
ride on boss.. #following...
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2017
Thank you boss, next one drops shortly
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2017
MARY AND I

Guess what! There was no response until she opened the door and found out that it was our landlord's goat that used his horn on the door, I was heartbroken, I nearly cursed the goat for making me lose the ones in a lifetime opportunity, then I sat down like a lost slowpoke who needs help from passersby to locate his family, lots of strategies started running on mh head until suddenly when a stupid fellow bagged into the room in an uncultured manner, unfortunately it was Segun whom I now see as my real rival, he greeted me the usual way but I was reluctant to respond, he was the one that saw me as rival in the first place but now my own kind of jealous was a bit higher than his, I guess it was because I wasn't able to get to the promise land.

What's up Mary, you are not looking good hope you are not quarelling with Jude? "Segun said" hearing my name provoked me the more, I looked at him like I should just command thunder to strike him ro death immediately. She is fine, I guess you kept her waiting for too long that is why she is angry, you can imagine if someone took her time to prepare this kind Ogbono soup and the special one refuse to show up. "I said and excused myself from the room to allow the two lovers afterall I was not the real owner.

I could not help but sat on a couch at the verandah hoping that Segun will leave in a hurry as his usual practice, although it was never his fault, he was the Director of Welfare at SUG level and always have issues to attend to.

Surprisingly, after about 30 minutes I heard their voice coming through the passage and I felt Segun was set to leave as usual but I saw Mary in a different dress, she appeared like someone who was going for a night party, "Chei, finally this stupid boy don spoil my show" they approached me and Segun said, Jude, Mary won't come back home this night, she has to be with me because I don't like the mood I met her when I came so I guess she needs me around. "What? That is not possible, she is sleeping in this house and no one is taking her anywhere, she was sent to school to study and not to be sleeping around with men, you are not taking her anywhere, I was................... to be continued.

©LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2017
MARY AND I (2)

Guess what! There was no response until she opened the door and found out that it was our landlord's goat that used his horn on the door, I was heartbroken, I nearly cursed the goat for making me lose the ones in a lifetime opportunity, then I sat down like a lost slowpoke who needs help from passersby to locate his family, lots of strategies started running on my head until suddenly when a stupid fellow bagged into the room in an uncultured manner, unfortunately it was Segun whom I now see as my real rival, he greeted me the usual way but I was reluctant to respond, he was the one that saw me as rival in the first place but now my own kind of jealous was a bit higher than his, I guess it was because I wasn't able to get to the promise land.

What's up Mary, you are not looking good hope you are not quarrelling with Jude? "Segun said" hearing my name provoked me the more, I looked at him like I should just command thunder to strike him to death immediately. She is fine, I guess you kept her waiting for too long that is why she is angry, you can imagine if someone took her time to prepare this kind Ogbono soup and the special one refuse to show up. "I said and excused myself from the room to allow the two lovers afterall I was not the real owner.

I could not help but sat on a couch at the verandah hoping that Segun will leave in a hurry as his usual practice, although it was never his fault, he was the Director of Welfare at SUG level and always have issues to attend to.

Surprisingly, after about 30 minutes I heard their voice coming through the passage and I felt Segun was set to leave as usual but I saw Mary in a different dress, she appeared like someone who was going for a night party, "Chei, finally this stupid boy don spoil my show" they approached me and Segun said, Jude, Mary won't come back home this night, she has to be with me because I don't like the mood I met her when I came so I guess she needs me around. "What? That is not possible, she is sleeping in this house and no one is taking her anywhere, she was sent to school to study and not to be sleeping around with men, you are not taking her anywhere, I was................... to be continued.

©LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by sirblero(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2017
qwanteanew...
folllwing
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
MARY AND I (3) 18+

What! That is not possible, she is sleeping in this house tonight, not even her father can take her away "I was thinking, though I have no courage to say it out but it was written all over my eyes"

Mary: Oh no, come off it Jude, why did your mood change suddenly? Don't worry I know it's because of our assignment but trust me I will be back early tomorrow so we can solve it together before we go for lecture.

Solving the assignment together tomorrow morning before lecture was a term I never thought Mary could use, by the way what assignment could she be referring to if not the one that the stupid landlord's goat did not allow us to complete earlier.

Good, I will be glad if you fulfil your promise because I can't imagine myself not completing the assignment before lecture tomorrow, I won't even be able to sit in class. "I responded to her as she walk away with Segun.

I was alone in my room watching Night of a thousand laugh, at least to ease the pressure on me, then my phone rang, it was Rose my girlfriend, the thought of Mary engulfed me that I forgot my date with Rose, we already agreed to meet at her house and she had been expecting me for over an hour but my mind was somewhere with someone else.

Me: Hey Rose, what's up
Rose: where are you Jude? We had an agreement for 5pm and there you are asking me whatsup, don't tell me that you have forgotten.

Knowing that I had missed the road and Rose is the type that nag a lot, I quickly adjusted my voice and fabricated a lie to convince her.

Can't you feel it that my voice is not audible? I......I.. I have been having this serious headache since morning a.......nd I thought it would be over in a jiffy but ah...ah I don't know, seems am getting better sha.

Rose: oh my God, and you didn't call me? I will be there right away, have you taken any drug?
Me: I have taken some drugs and it's a bit better now, don't worry, let me come over.

Rose was worried but I was happy that I was able to convince her, I jumped up immediately, put on my FILA designer combination, I was a fan of FILA, I had lots of shirts and shoes that carries the logo, I combed my hair and set out. I was just about few metres away from my house where I was waiting for Okada to take me to my destination then Mary called my phone.

Me: hi girlfriend (we used to call ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend though nothing was associated to it until all these started)
Mary: boyfriend, are you home?
Me: no
Mary: where are you?
Me: I am on the street
Mary: please don't go far, it seems I will be coming home in the next 20 minutes, the Dean of student affairs just called Segun now and I don't think he will have my time, he has even agreed that I should go and complete my assignment since he is not sure of when he will return.

I could not tell her that I was going to my girlfriend's house so I agreed that I will be at home to receive her, just as we dropped the call, Rose called again then I realized I was in a dilemma, how do I feed two kids with one bread? I had lied to Rose that I was sick and she was worried, if I go to her house she would prefer to keep me under her watch till the following day and if I refuse to go to her house, she won't mind coming to my place to stay till the following day just to make sure that I am fine.

Here I am, my lust for Mary...........to be continued

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by sirblero(m): 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
wow!!??..so captivating, fun filled..playertic,lyingtic,pathetic and most of all intriguing . grin

more ideas to your story...

#follwing
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
MARY AND I (4) 18+

My lust for Mary was the sole responsibility for my problem, I was totally confused, I do not know wether to go to Rose's house or turn back home to wait for Mary then I remember Laide my friend, Laide is not academically sound but an expert when it comes to matter of women, he had countless number of girlfriends although only four were stable among them but despite that there has never been a noise from his house, he plays smart and safe.

My definition of uncle is quite different from Laide's definition, it took us a long time before we realized that no guy, even the younger ones has ever called him Uncle on campus, only girls does and when we heard such it is obvious that 2+2 will no longer be 4 but 22.

I put a call through to him knowing that he was the only friend that can help me out.

Laide: Hi Jude, anything for your boi?
Me: Oga wahala don dey o
Laide: wetin happen hope nobody die
Me: e for better if person die self, I beg e get one parole wey don boomerang for my hand and I know say you go fit help me out, you dey house? I beg na only 10 minutes I get o
Laide: na me be bad boi abi? No lele I sha dey house.

I dropped the call and headed straight to Laide's house, only God know how he play his game, I was suprised when I saw Sandra on her knee begging my friend for forgiveness, firstly Sandra was a lady that behaves like virgin Mary on campus, in fact I can bet it with anyone that she was a virgin and never has anything to do with a guy. Secondly, I was imagining what her offense could be that made her went on her knee.

My arrival was a kind of relieve for her, she stood up on her knee and gently persuade me to talk to Laide on her behalf. I was more than jealous, no woman on earth has ever knelt down to beg me, even I was the one that usually postrate for Rose, as if its a taboo for her knee to touch ground. I excused Laide from the room and told him my problem although to Sandra I wanted to talk to Laide on her behalf but my personal issues was more than hers.

Laide: wait wait wait, na so you mumu reach? I think say na lie all these while wey you dey tell us say na normal friend you dey do with Mary, chei! Mumu like you no suppose be my friend honestly, ha you fall my hand big time. ( he laughed and made jest of me) okay, what do you want me to do now?

Me: guy leave all these talk na, if I know what to do I no go come your house

It did not take him two minutes before he came up with a brilliant plan, we went to Rose's house together and convinced her that there was no problem. I was happy when successfully convinced Rose, alas! I was the dumbest person on earth, I found out when my phone rang immediately I stepped out of Rose's house, it was Mary, I smiled and felt that happiness within me that tonight must be different, she said she was waiting for me at home. I told Laide immediately that his contract has expired so I went home with the hope of eating my dinner and set for the game.

Mary: sit down Jude, I am sure you must have been looking at me like a cheap girl going by what I did earlier but honestly I am not, although I have feelings for you and I found it difficult to express but I did that because of what I heard and saw. You have never brought any babe into this house other than Rose, you count on her as if your life depend on her but my dear, Rose is too big a fish for you to carry ( I felt Mary wanted to fool me in order to have her way fully in my life, I looked into her eyes and shook my head, well even if that was her plan, my business was just to achive my aim so I gave no damn to what she said). See Jude, I will not go back on my promise only if you can bear the shock. Can we go out together this evening, lets say 7:30 exactly in 15 minutes time?

I started wondering what Mary was up to, well if going out together was all she wanted, no problem as long as we are sleeping together in this house tonight, lo and behold, we went out as she proposed, it was a popular hotel in town where big men enjoy their life, I do not know what she was up to but I knew that she know that I cannot afford that hotel, so I decided to play along, just few minutes of our stay at the reception, I received the greatest shock of my life, my own Rose was in the harm of another man, looking beautiful in her pink coloured gown which I bought for her during her last birthday. What a mess, I developed real headache immediately, my system was totally disorganized, I could not belief what I saw because Rose was such a decent girl that I can vouch for anywhere anyday.

What nonsense, I stood up immediately as I was burning seriously inside but Mary stopped me she did not allow me to take any action which I found very painful, all my plans was shattered, I even forgot that I had a plan for Mary.

Mary: Sorry Jude, we have to go home now
Me: Go where, I dont think I can leave this place, in fact I want to see that man's face, I want to know when Rose will leave this place, I want to .......in fact I mustttttttttt.....to be continued

©LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by sirblero(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
omo the guy don enter *long thing!!
women!!??...SOME are very dubious..and trickish!!
nice update Sir, more ideas to your story...
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
MARY AND I (5) 18+

Me: Go where? I dont think I can leave this place, in fact I want to see that man's face, I want to know when Rose will leave this place, I want to.. In fact I must kill this man for messing up with my babe.

I was so angry that I could not control what was coming from my mouth, I could call it the saddest experience I ever had when it comes to relationship with women. When Mary realized that I was becoming so uncontrollable she called Laide my friend who arrive the scene within the twinkling of an eye.

Laide: I have always been wondering if you are a man, person wey train you no do well o, if na me be your papa I go just carry gun one day and kill you, see as you dey para because of woman mehn you get problem o.

Laide that was supposed to console me but he mounted anger on me instead, it was as if he had been looking for avenue to talk sense to me, all my anger went down immediately I began to listen to Laide, his talk was as if a motivational speaker was addressing an aggressive entrepreneur, my brain went back to factory settings immediately and I took it as one of those things that are meant to happen, after all Rose was no longer the only one in my life Mary had entered the picture already.

We left the hotel and I started thinking of replacing Rose with Mary although Segun was a factor that could stop me but I believed that since Mary made the first move, it was obvious that she loved me and Segun's case might not be much hindrance.

It was around 11:00 pm, I had ate semo with the ogbono soup which Mary prepared earlier, we were both in my room gisting and watching a popular comedy show on TV, all I had on me was boxer and Mary put on spag and a short, it was obvious that we were ready to take the show to the next level.

Suddenly, someone inserted a key into my door trying to open it, it was so shocking because the only person that has my spare key was Rose and we left her at the hotel, we were confused.

Me: who the hell is that?
Rose: Jude, its me please open the door

I started fidgeting because I was a novice when it comes to handling such matter, I never thought of such situation in my entire life though Rose had offended me already but I dont want to create a scene in my house. I looked at Mary when we heard the voice of Rose, it was as if she had made up her mind and ready for the worse.

Mary: Rose (in a very harsh tone) go back to wherever you are coming from please, we dont entertain harlots here.

The voice of a woman was what Rose could never have imagine to hear in my room at that time of the night.

Rose: who the hell is that? Jude open this door now or I break it.

Mary started struggling with me with me, she wanted to open the door and face Rose but...........

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by sirblero(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
trouble in the air oooo
o p nice story...more ideas jarhway...
#following .
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
Am sorry, I was away
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
MARY AND I (6)

Mary started struggling with me, she wanted to open the door and face Rose but I was afraid of the consequence and the noise that could follow which will definitely alert the neighbours.

Me: Mary please calm down, it is late already for God's sake.

I was begging Mary while Rose was ranting at the door, it was obvious that she was battle ready

Mary: Jude, are you a man? Leave Rose for me please I can assure you that she will bow down if she knew that I am the one here.

I could not understand why Mary said so, could it be that they planned the whole thing, I was thinking of the way out and Rose continued shouting until Debby joined her.
Debby was someone I could call her friend and informant, she always fed her with news about me both the good and the bad, she once told her that I was dating Mary until I proved her wrong. She was the happiest when she heard Rose's voice at my door that was why she joined her and they both demanded that I opened the door.

Me: Mary, are you sure that you can handle it if I open this door? Dont forget that Debby is now with her and you know how lousy she is

Mary: You are only complicating this issue, you just open this door and watch how I will handle them (she said and rest her back on the bed full of confidence)

As I was trying to remove the bolt at the back of the door, Rose was all set to descend on whomever the lady may be, she blew in immediately the bolt was loosen but amazingly she was dumbfounded when she saw Mary on my bed even Debby could not utter a word further, the duo turned deaf and dumb and I was standing there like slowpoke, what I thought would be hot like fire suddenly turned cold.

Mary: So Miss Debby, how can we help you? The last time I checked this matter is none of your business and if I were you I will turn back and hide in my shell.

It was so hard to belief what I saw when the lousy Debby turned back without any response even Rose that was fully ready to give it hot to the lady inside followed Debby without a word, I was baffled as I could not establish the reason for the sudden change. I first though they were members of clandestine group and may be Mary was thier leader but I knew that could not be true because Mary was very close to me and I never suspected such.

Mary: (with smile on her face and full confidence) did I not tell you that I can handle them? You only created unnecessary fear where none exist

Me: NO! Mary, this is beyond what I thought and I am sure that there is more to their reactions, in fact, I demand explanation NOW, else you too will have to leave my room immediately.

Mary: Leave your room, is that a threat? Am sorry, I dont really care so you think I will be begging you? Come off it man, I can actually sleep alone in my room without you.

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by drewsman: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2017
the story is making sense @op
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
MARY AND I (7)

I thought Mary would lack the courage to leave my room but to my suprise she left, I tried all I could to held her back but my effort seem not enough to stop the angry Mary. Was it wrong for me to demand for explanation(I was thinking) I dont think so because that was what every reasonable person will do if in my shoe.

How can I explain the sudden cold where everything were already burning, Rose was hotter than fire before I opened the door and I knew her so well, though she was not the bellicose type, she was not a dummie either, she fought where necessary and maintained gentility if not provoked by anyone.
The case of Rose was minor compare to Debby who always go berserk at every little thing she never take insult nor concede defeat, her popular slogan was "fight to finish"

That little scenario got me crazy as I was all alone in my room and I had no one to share my experience with at that moment, I wish it was day time when I can call Laide my main man, he may have experienced such in the past, while I was thinking my mind flashed back to a certain scene on campus which happened the previous semester.

It was the beginning of a new session and Dr Albert who never take a no for answer wanted to change his girls as usual, he sent me to Mary and I could not resist his errand becauae of his wicked nature, I was actually scared and pitied Mary but I had no option.

Mary felt bad that day, she could not eat until I persuade her enough, I discussed lots of gimmicks with her which I believed that if she employed Dr. Albert might change his mind, but to our suprise, the news on campus the following day was unexpected.
We left the house very early in the morning as usual to attend Dr Albert's class though Mary was reluctant she does not wish to go to class because she said that she was afraid to see the eyes of Dr. Albert who always intimidate students for his selfish interest but as a man, I encouraged and promised her that I would do everything within my best to help her out.

Everyone was seated in silence while waiting for Mr No Nonsense as we used to call Dr. Albert when Emmy rushed into the class with a shocking news

Emmy: Great Nigerian Student
All: Great (we all thought aluta was about to start because our school fees had just been increased and we were not happy with the development)
Emmy: I have brought nothing but a good news, have you heard?
Chorus: WHAT?
Emmy: it is with great pleasure that I am telling you that our Mr ever right, time conscious, students bully and Mr No Nonsense, Dr. Albert was admitted to the school teaching hospital yesterday night, a source said that a group of ladies waylay him yesterday on his way home and flogged him till he collapsed, it was revealed that he just advanced his wicked hand of lust to one babe on campus who decided to teach him that some bones are meant for dog, any man that eats it will have himself to blame.

That day, the whole class turned to a party ground as we were all jubilating that at last some summoned courage to teach him a lesson.

I came back to my senses, could it be that Mary was more than the ordinary Mary that I knew? If Dr. Albert could be dealt with the day he advanced his hand to her and Debby the lousy babe including Rose my babe could be this quite at the sight of her despite their bravado before the door was opened, it seems I have entered one chance. I thought I really need to know WHOM Mary was and WHY the sudden gentility on the part of Rose and Debby.

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
drewsman:
the story is making sense @op
Thank you boss
Re: Mary And I (1) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
What a thriller, but pls up8 frequently
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
MARY AND I (cool

The night was so long for me, hours started counting like days, in short six hours was like six days. I thought of confronting Mary, I felt like going into her room that night and give it whatever it takes to know why everything happened the way it did but a mind told me that I was about tapping cobra's tail: confronting her could be suicide.

I also thought of going into Debby's room to talk to Rose, I was sure that if I pet her she would listen to me and we can iron everything out including the one she did at the hotel but Debby was a problem, she will render my effort useless, in fact she will not open the door for me, she is such a stubborn babe.

While I was thinking and wishing that such a Sunday never exist, I slept off and this horrible dream began:

I was in a dungeon, a hole as deep as 24 feet and 24 feet wide, everywhere was dark which made it practically impossible for me to see anything, all I knew was that there was a sound like lion roaring which seems to be so close to me, I cried for help but there was no one to rescue me, suddenly there was light, my eyes were clear and I could see vividly.

At first, I thought the light was a blessing that will enable me to find my way out, alas, it was to compound my problem it was then I realized that the blind lives with a great advantage "what one cannot see hardly scares him". I have been hearing the sound of a lion though I knew how deadly a lion could be but my fear was not centred on it until there was light, then I realized that the lion was right there with me in the dungeon. It was a very big one, hairy and scary, the look on its face alone could kill.

Oh God of mercy (I screamed as loud as I could), Oh Lord even if I must die at this young age, dont let it be in the hand of this animal(I prayed aloud).

It was as if the deadly lion understood my prayer or as if God gave me immediate answer. The roaring stopped, it moved 14 steps away from me and yawn. The next thing I saw was transformation, the lion transformed immediately to human and the most scaring part of it was that the person was Mary with machet in her hand.

I was confused, so I have been seeing Mary all this while or was I seeing Lion.

Me: Mary, what is going on here? So you were the scary lion, tell me how the hell I got in here
Mary: we were trapped Jude, we were trapped
Me: trapped, who trapped us, how?

I had not finished my questions when she started moving closer to me with her innocent look and machet in her hand, she butchered me like a cow in abattoir, I was soaked in blood and she stood right there making jest of me

Mary: you fool, you fool, you are nothing but a fool.

While I was battling with my life in the dungeon, I suddenly opened my eyes and was sweatning vigorously, it was 9am already and my lecture was supposed to be 8am.
Oh my God, so it was a mere dream, ah this is serious could it be the consequence of what I was thinking about the previous night?

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thank you boss, noted
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
MARY AND I (9)

I jumped off my bed immediately and ran straight to the kitchen, I had no time to pray as I woke up late already, my kitchen was as rough as anything, the last time I used it was the previous day while preparing my lunch after which the aroma of ogbono soup prepared by Mary scattered everything. I managed to rinse my plate and pot then boiled a satchet of noodles.

I checked Mary's room on my way out and realized that she had gone to school, that was the very first time in history that Mary left for school without calling me, Debby's door was also locked which was a clear inidication that she had gone out and Rose also left.

The activity on campus was not very okay with me throughout the day as I was thinking about the dreadful nightmare, I wish I could relate it with Laide or anyone else but the fear of complications or calling me mumu again would not let me so I was all alone with my thinking, then I remembered that my mom who is popularly called Iya adura because of her prayeraholic nature can fight for me incase the dream has any negative meaning so I put a call straight to her.

Me: Hello mom
Mom: oko mi ayanfe, omo eso ikoyi, arin gbere bi eni egbe n dun (she greeted me the way she usually do) how are you?
Me: Mom, I am not fine
Mom: What! What happened? Did you fight with anyone
Me: Mom, this is more than fighting with someone, in fact it is a spiritual matter
Mom: Spiritual? You are already above your enemies my son "owo ti ogede ba gbe, a fi na ara e ni" tell me what happen, is anyone threatning you?

I narrated everything to my mom, without any hidden part since she had been a great mom and best friend ever since my childhood

Mom: Oh my God, Ayanfe why did you fall for such a cheap temptation? You allowed yourself to be trapped by a woman despite all my advice. Oh no no no, you disappointed me. By the way, where are you now?

Me: am back from school, I am home already.

I was on phone with my mom when Mary opened my door without a knock, she wore a red short, red top and red head tie like Sango (God of thunder) with a well sharpened knife in her hand. I remembered how the nightmare happened again, unconciously I dropped the call with mom and I screamed like never before but it seems there was no one else at home apart from Mary and I. I dropped my phone on the bed immediately, stood up and started begging for mercy.

Me: (stuttering) pl.......pl.....plsssss....please Mary, please dont kill me please, I beg you in the name of whatever you serve, I never meant any harm against you, I was only playing along as a man since you showed me love, pls Mary, please spare my life, just tell me anything you need and I am more than ready to give you. Please spare my life...to be continued

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
MARY AND I (10)

She moved closer to me as I was also taking steps backward till I got to the wall, series of strategies were running on my head, I thought of attacking her since she was a ladyI believed that I would over power her but I was afraid I might miss my target, another thought came to my head when I looked at my table and saw the glass cup that I used in the morning there, I felt like trowing the cup at her.

Mary noticed the fear on my face, she looked so innocent and confused, she was wondering why I took the knife in her hand so serious, mtchew, she hissed at me and went straight to my kitchen where she took two onions and went back to her room. That was not strange though, I do use her things and she uses mine as well.

I felt a great relief when she left, I thought the nightmare was about coming to pass alas, she only came to my room to take care of her need.

Few minutes later, there was a text message on my phone from a mobile number that was not registered in my phonebook, it read "You this son of a bitch, you told me that you were sick and I was disturbed, you later came to me and lied that you were okay which I also took in good fate, I never knew that you had a hidden agenda, I would not have wasted my time to check on you. For your information, Uncle Sam was arround yesterday evening when you left my house and I went to meet him at seven seven hotel where he gave me a cheque of $7500 written in your name to help us start our business as proposed. I regret ever letting your love blind me to this extent. Dont ever bother to call or check on me, this relationship is over because I have also moved on with my life".

Water was rolling down my eyes as I read the message. "what the hell is happening to me, why, God why, why did I not see this coming, why did I fall for temptation, oh God why" so it was Uncle Sam that was with Rose last night, could it be that Mary knew about this and tricked me to the hotel? But why did I not take my time to see his face before I concluded.

I knew that I had got it wrong, I knew that my lust for Mary had brought me down, I knew that if I was not careful I might loose Rose but I also believed that if I handle the matter with maturity I may be considered for a second chance because if she no longer love me she wont bother sending the text message.

I put on a three quarter shot and polo shirt then headed straight to her house, I knew she wont expect me to come but I was ready to pay the prize for my action. On my way, my phone rang, it was Laide though I was reluctant to answer it but he kept calling until the third time.

Me: Hi Laide (in a dull tone)
Laide: My chairman, the man wey sabi, how far now, how last night parole?
Me: I beg bone that talk, which kind unfortunate parole
Laide: Wetin happen na? No tell me say you don use your mumu spoil show for yourself again with the opportunity that avail itself before you, abi you still dey think about Rose (he laugh out loud), e dey happen guy that one don follow baba olowo be that, you gotta move on guy.

I was not comfortable with my conversation with Laide as it appeared that we were both operating on different level at that moment, I banged the call, my mind centred only on getting my babe back.

I got to her house and the door was locked, obviously she was not at home but that never pose any problem as I had a key to the room, I unlocked the door, entered the room and sat down gently on the bed while I was expecting her to return from wherever she went to.

Seconds ran to minutes and minutes to hours, Rose was no where to be found till around 9pm then another thinking set in. "God, I hope Rose has not gone back to Uncle Sam to return the cheque, oh that will be disastrous, what I have been praying for even Iya adura joined me in prayer for Uncle Sam's promise to materialize then I remembered that I did not said the usual morning prayer before I left home in the morning.

I had prayed for over 30 minutes when Rose came down from okada, I peeped through her window and saw the okada man helping her to balance well, she staggered and managed to take steps into her room with extra bottle of heineken in her hand......

What? Oh Jesus, who is........to be continued

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

2 Likes

Re: Mary And I (1) by SalJay(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
every update is epic, thumb up
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
I actually appreciate everyone that read, comment and clicked like on this story, I wish to intimate you that this is my first story on Nairaland and I wont mind positive criticism to enable me improve.

Meanwhile, in appreciation of your time and data, I will give out #1000 naira card to the first person that get answer to my question right at the end of this short story.

Thank you as you follow the story. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
SalJay:
every update is epic, thumb up
thank you sir
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
MARY AND I (11)

What! Oh Jesus who on earth did this to Rose, she appeared to be drunk and lost her senses though I had never seen her drinking anything alcohol, she detest and preaches against it. She entered the room with one clear bottle of heineken in her hand and some bottles of small regal dry gin in her bag. Obviously she had over drunk herself.

Rose what is the meaning of this, when did you start drinking alcohol to the extent of loosing control ( I questioned her, forgetting that I was there to beg, but all my questions were not relevant as all that came from her mouth were gibberish.

Her condition was advantageous to me as she revealed the reason for her action when she sighted Mary in my room the previous night and some other things that ordinarily she would keep as secret if not drunk.

Me: Rose why this, why are you this drunk, ehn why? I pet her to sleep but she refused rather she continued displaying high level of intoxication

Rose: look here Mr man, dont think that I am drunk and dont know what I am saying
Me: I know that you are not drunk but please sleep, we will talk better in the morning.

Rose: not you and I, see there is one stupid boy, Jude or what is his name, do you know him? That boy is very stupid, imagine he is playing upon my intelligence. Hmmmmmm hahaha(she laugh uncontrollably) if I catch him, I am gonna strangle him to death, imagine, imagine my so-called boyfriend is going down with Mary, Mary of all girls, is he not suppose to read between the lines? Hahaha, you think I am drunk abi Jude Jude, I can see you clearly (she opened her bag, brought out a small size regal dry gin, opened and was about drinking it but I stopped her and parked all the drinks away from her, then she continued her prattle.

Hmmmm Laide Laide, I know that Jude is your friend, tell him, tell him when you see him, tell him that I could not tell him all these while for the fear of what might happen afterwards. Mary is not for him, she is not his mate in all ramifications,she is ogbanje, we grew up together in the same street and I know her too well, in fact her spirit killed her dad when she was eight, our senior girl who fought with her when we were in primary school never lived to see the next day even her mother, her mom's left hand is not balance up till today because she flogged her.

Oya tell me, do you think I will fight with Mary? Oh no, I will rather run away for my dear life. Laide (she hugged me and held me so tight to herself, she shed tears and suddenly burst into laughter and pushed me away) tell Jude that I loved him and I still do but I cannot compete with Mary, not in my entire life, I cannot allow her to kill me the same way she killed our Government teacher while in Secondary school, the man died of thunder the day he raped her.

All these revelations got me shocked, I have never heard such neither do I have a slight clue, I could not pet Rose to sleep any longer rather I was thinking of how I will not die in the hand of Mary.

God, so Rose had been hidden something that is as serious as this from me, no wonder she suddenly turned to zombie when she met Mary in my room despite all her swag before I opened the door.

(hahaha, she laughed out again as I was still thinking) you think I am drunk right? (she felt sober suddenly like she was not the one doing the talking earlier on) Oh my God, Mary eventually got my Jude, yes it was all my fault, why did I not tell him ehn why? If Jude die in the hand of this girl honestly I will not forgive myself (she was weeping seriously but I was surprised that she didnt know that I was the one with her).

My BP rise almost immediately she mentioned death couple with the dream that I had the previous night, the fact that I could die any moment was as scary as someone that is just confirmed HIV positive.

Few minutes past 11, my phone rang though I was still thinking of relating the development with Iya Adura while Rose was also on the bed crying, I brought out my phone from my pocket and discovered that the caller was Mary, I almost collapse, it was as if I was been chased by death already, I did not know what to do either to answer the call or ignore........to be continued

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE

1 Like

Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 6:40am On Apr 09, 2017
MARY AND I (11)

What! Oh Jesus who on earth did this to Rose, she appeared to be drunk and lost her senses though I had never seen her drinking anything alcohol, she detest and preaches against it. She entered the room with one clear bottle of heineken in her hand and some bottles of small regal dry gin in her bag. Obviously she had over drunk herself.

Rose what is the meaning of this, when did you start drinking alcohol to the extent of loosing control ( I questioned her, forgetting that I was there to beg, but all my questions were not relevant as all that came from her mouth were gibberish.

Her condition was advantageous to me as she revealed the reason for her action when she sighted Mary in my room the previous night and some other things that ordinarily she would keep as secret if not drunk.

Me: Rose why this, why are you this drunk, ehn why? I pet her to sleep but she refused rather she continued displaying high level of intoxication

Rose: look here Mr man, dont think that I am drunk and dont know what I am saying
Me: I know that you are not drunk but please sleep, we will talk better in the morning.

Rose: not you and I, see there is one stupid boy, Jude or what is his name, do you know him? That boy is very stupid, imagine he is playing upon my intelligence. Hmmmmmm hahaha(she laugh uncontrollably) if I catch him, I am gonna strangle him to death, imagine, imagine my so-called boyfriend is going down with Mary, Mary of all girls, is he not suppose to read between the lines? Hahaha, you think I am drunk abi Jude Jude, I can see you clearly (she opened her bag, brought out a small size regal dry gin, opened and was about drinking it but I stopped her and parked all the drinks away from her, then she continued her prattle.

Hmmmm Laide Laide, I know that Jude is your friend, tell him, tell him when you see him, tell him that I could not tell him all these while for the fear of what might happen afterwards. Mary is not for him, she is not his mate in all ramifications,she is ogbanje, we grew up together in the same street and I know her too well, in fact her spirit killed her dad when she was eight, our senior girl who fought with her when we were in primary school never lived to see the next day even her mother, her mom's left hand is not balance up till today because she flogged her.

Oya tell me, do you think I will fight with Mary? Oh no, I will rather run away for my dear life. Laide (she hugged me and held me so tight to herself, she shed tears and suddenly burst into laughter and pushed me away) tell Jude that I loved him and I still do but I cannot compete with Mary, not in my entire life, I cannot allow her to kill me the same way she killed our Government teacher while in Secondary school, the man died of thunder the day he raped her.

All these revelations got me shocked, I have never heard such neither do I have a slight clue, I could not pet Rose to sleep any longer rather I was thinking of how I will not die in the hand of Mary.

God, so Rose had been hidden something that is as serious as this from me, no wonder she suddenly turned to zombie when she met Mary in my room despite all her swag before I opened the door.

(hahaha, she laughed out again as I was still thinking) you think I am drunk right? (she felt sober suddenly like she was not the one doing the talking earlier on) Oh my God, Mary eventually got my Jude, yes it was all my fault, why did I not tell him ehn why? If Jude die in the hand of this girl honestly I will not forgive myself (she was weeping seriously but I was surprised that she didnt know that I was the one with her).

My BP rise almost immediately she mentioned death couple with the dream that I had the previous night, the fact that I could die any moment was as scary as someone that is just confirmed HIV positive.

Few minutes past 11, my phone rang though I was still thinking of relating the development with Iya Adura while Rose was also on the bed crying, I brought out my phone from my pocket and discovered that the caller was Mary, I almost collapse, it was as if I was been chased by death already, I did not know what to do either to answer the call or ignore........to be contd

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by Babysuccess02(f): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Am scared for jude o. A nice story u gat here
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Babysuccess02:
Am scared for jude o. A nice story u gat here
Thanks ma'am, next episode drops shortly
Re: Mary And I (1) by Babysuccess02(f): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
dewalt:
Thanks ma'am, next episode drops shortly

waiting patiently.
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 7:48am On Apr 11, 2017
MARY AND I (12)

Mary kept calling my phone until the 10th time that I decided to respond to her call, I could have switched the phone off but the revelation from the drunk Rose had scared me already, I was afraid that she might know that I switched it off intentionally.

Me: Hi girlfriend (in pretence but sad mood)
Mary: Jude, where are you,why are you not picking my calls, besides you didnt tell me that you wont sleep at home tonight, I had cooked for you and I already (she asked too many questions at a time)

Me: (imagine this ogbanje, she cooked for us, oloshi, she want me to come and eat so I can die once and for all) Sorry please, I didnt know that I will not be able to come back home.

Mary: what do you mean, do you want my food to waste? No way, please tell me where you are and I will come and meet you there if you know that it is too late for you to come alone

Me: (Na by force to go home? Well, a man must die ones, it is better I let her know that I am still in a relationship with Rose) dont worry please, I am with Rose and I cant leave her in this condition, she is not okay and I need to take care of her.

Mary: What, dont tell me that you are still seeing that LovePeddler despite what she did to you.
Me: Dont worry Mary, I think I can handle it, thank you.

Only God knows where the courage came from, I banged the call on her after I made my point clear, I was sure that she will not be happy with my response and action but I had made up my mind to put an end to the nonsense between us only that I dont know what the consequence will be.

Rose slept off while crying on the bed but I was there thinking of who will help me out, calling my mom at that ungodly hour could give her high blood pressure especially if she found out that I was dealing with ogbanje because Bro John, one of the choirs in our church once had similar experience and died in the course of deliverance, though he could have succeeded the attack but our pastor got to know at the 11th hour.

Hearing that I was a victim of similar case would be so unbearable for my mom so I decided not to call her until morning. Sleeping became a taboo for me I could not close my eyes for the fear of being killed overnight.

At exactly 3:00 a.m, my girlfriend woke up, obviously she wanted to ease herself but was surprised to see me in her room, she was surprised to see bottles of heineken and regal dry gin on the floor of her room, she was surprised seeing herself in a dress other than night gown. She could not help but talk to me though almost everything she said came in form of question which indicated that she was not comfortable with my presence.

Rose: Jude, what are you doing here, why are you in my house? Please you are not welcome here so you can just do yourself a favour by opening that door (she pointed at the entrance/exit door) and walk out gently else I will embarrass you.

I was just sitting down on the chair like a dummie all her talk has no effect on me because my mind was heavier.

Rose: I believe you are not deaf, I want to use the convenience now and if I come back and meet you here, you will regret ever knowing me, I swear (she left for the toilet and came back after two minutes, I thought her mind would be softening when she returned but she seems to be ready for a face off)

Me: Rose please sit down and stop this noise
Rose: sit down for what? I am not ready for any discussion, just leave my house
Me: Well, I will leave, in fact I am ready to leave (I stood up and face the door), before I leave, I have this to say. Please Rose, Please, if I die please dont cry for me, if I die please dont cry for me, if I die please dont cry for me. I know that my days are numbered, I know that this may be my last breath, I know that I may be facing my six feet anytime soon but please if I die, dont cry for me (I approached the door but Rose ran to me immediately, she held my cloth and fell on her knee, her eyes swelled, she could not help but cry like a baby that is being denied of breastmilk) let me go Rose, please let me go, I am ready to face the consequence of my promiscuity.....

© LUQMAN A. ALAWODE
Re: Mary And I (1) by dewalt(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Babysuccess02:

waiting patiently.
sorry for the late response, I got an engagement yesterday so I was unable to go online

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moon Man / Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' / At His Funeral: A Flash Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.