Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications (1996 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications / Online Records 67 Percent Decline In Job Applications - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by press005: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
It can be frustrating at tyms as regards to online job applications.

They make you send ur CV bt also mandates you to fill some boxes .After about 30mins, you will realize you have repeated all the details on your CV.

A job that is meant for graduate trainees will still be asking you of 3-5yrs experience.

After spending 6 or 7yrs in school plus ASUU strike, some job adverts will require you not to be above 25yrs and must have completed your Nysc.

The one that baffles me the most is that a firm that advertised for an engineering graduate trainee position will invite candidates for a Job test and the next thing, they will give you a CBT on Antonyms and Synonyms as if say na English Language you study for school.

Anyhw sha, no matter what guys, dnt be discouraged. Keep pushing

2 Likes

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2017
press005:
Pele. People have gotten jobs through this process without two heads. Tell yourself, you can as well. Positivity in the midst of the frustration will go a long way.

They make you send ur CV bt also mandates you to fill some boxes .After about 30mins, you will realize you have repeated all the details on your CV.
What are you trying to say in this part?
I don't understand the boxes you make reference to. Is it psychometric tests?

A job that is meant for graduate trainees will still be asking you of 3-5yrs experience.
grin grin grin
If they ask for 3-5 years experience, then it's not graduate trainee. Move to the next.

After spending 6 or 7yrs in school plus ASUU strike, some job adverts will require you not to be above 25yrs and must have completed your Nysc.
Well, this happens. Still there are some for 26 and 27 year olds. Take advantage of those.

The one that baffles me the most is that a firm that advertised for an engineering graduate trainee position will invite candidates for a Job test and the next thing, they will give you a CBT on Antonyms and Synonyms as if say na English Language you study for school.

Ehen! This part, you did Use Of English in Uni na despite the fact that you were an Engineering student. Antonyms and Synonyms is something we've been doing since primary school. Don't make it look like Nigerian graduates don't know opposites and nearest/similar in meaning.

When you start working, you'll communicate in English therefore I think the test of English is in order. Engine guys have no complain at all cheesy.

In all, like you said, keep pushing. Keep practicing as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by BabyGirl114: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2017
Am tired of the experience too, just like all employers are looking for job drop out and people that has been sacked, because people with experience are those ones. Its very annoying, I swear

3 Likes

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by chuggy(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2017

This means you still have to fill up the boxes for your profile e.g date of birth, skills and work experience etc. Which has already been written on your CV.
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by press005: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2017
chuggy:

This means you still have to fill up the boxes for your profile e.g date of birth, skills and work experience etc. Which has already been written on your CV.

exactly@Chuggy
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by press005: 10:35am On Mar 08, 2017
amicable09:

Pele. People have gotten jobs through this process without two heads. Tell yourself, you can as well. Positivity in the midst of the frustration will go a long way.

grin grin grin
If they ask for 3-5 years experience, then it's not graduate trainee. Move to the next.

Well, this happens. Still there are some for 26 and 27 year olds. Take advantage of those.

Ehen! This part, you did Use Of English in Uni na despite the fact that you were an Engineering student. Antonyms and Synonyms is something we've been doing since primary school. Don't make it look like Nigerian graduates don't know opposites and nearest/similar in meaning.

When you start working, you'll communicate in English therefore I think the test of English is in order. Engine guys have no complain at all cheesy.

people have gotten good jobs tru d said processes. I dnt dispute dat. Bt hw many so far?

Talking about English wahala, antonyms and synonyms get levels oo grin
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by press005: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2017
BabyGirl114:
Am tired of the experience too, just like all employers are looking for job drop out and people that has been sacked, because people with experience are those ones. Its very annoying, I swear

Well, dnt be discourgaged shaa, we all will get der soon.
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Tidamsel: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
amicable09:

grin grin grin

My Delectable Amicable smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Ademolu2002(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=press005 post=54371054]It can be frustrating at tyms as regards to online job applications.

Anyhw sha, no matter what guys, dnt be discour

even current affairs
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Ademolu2002(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
amicable09:

grin grin grin

What abt GMAT
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
Tidamsel:
My Delectable Amicable smiley
Oh my sweetheart! cheesy
I've missed you cheesy Tell me, how's everything with you?
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ademolu2002:

What abt GMAT
What about it?
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
press005:

people have gotten good jobs tru d said processes. I dnt dispute dat. Bt hw many so far?

Talking about English wahala, antonyms and synonyms get levels oo grin
I'm sorry my head is so full that I don't even know how to reply you.

Carry out a poll if you may. You'll be amazed at the result you'll get here.

On antonyms and synonyms, well, because you have no prior knowledge of the words that'll be asked, that's why you think it is difficult. In actual sense, it isn't as long as the words are familiar.

1 Like

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by press005: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
amicable09:

On antonyms and synonyms, well, because you have no prior knowledge of the words that'll be asked, that's why you think it is difficult. In actual sense, it isn't as long as the words are familiar.

u r a bit right duo
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by CellTabRepairs: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
Such is life. And they said you should never tell a lie too angry grin

Most of these industry giants just make fun of young talented youths with long running recruitment process stretching 1 year or more and end up selecting few...sometimes as few as 2 or 3 per role. How frustrating WAITING...waiting while life and money pass you by? No. You can still wait smartly. Moreover, destiny helpers will meet you on a job that guarantees you face to face meet ups with the men of means! #fix high end devices ...

9 months is a cycle of life. 9 months to year end. In 3 Months depending on your speed, you will command money with this resource. Yes!
Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Look no further!. Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working for someone? Student, but need money source? Want to change business? LEARN SMARTPHONES REPAIRS Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Join the winners!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need! Don't wait until the whole year runs out and your hair is graying before you realise you need to take your destiny in your hands!
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Xzbit91: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2017
amicable09:

No be all that one, come reduce the 3 job offers wey you get give some of us wey still dey look for grin grin
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Tidamsel: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
amicable09:

Oh my sweetheart! cheesy

I've missed you cheesy
Tell me, how's everything with you?
Cup cake mi, Every thing is kul o, Jus DAT am missing u lyk kilode
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 6:24am On Mar 12, 2017
Xzbit91:

No be all that one, come reduce the 3 job offers wey you get give some of us wey still dey look for grin grin
Hahahaha.

Offers for Sale! tongue
Which would you prefer? cheesy
I don't want to be selfish. You can have the other two grin
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 6:26am On Mar 12, 2017
Tidamsel:
Cup cake mi, Every thing is kul o, Jus DAT am missing u lyk kilode
Huhn huhn.... cheesy
I'm so touched!
That's a very lovely thing to say. I miss you as well, more than you know.

When do we play catch up? grin
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Tidamsel: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

Huhn huhn.... cheesy
I'm so touched!
That's a very lovely thing to say. I miss you as well, more than you know.

When do we play catch up? grin
Lolz, 4uny u.

Sweetheart I mentioned u on a subject under D romance thread, ur opinion is nided, hope u v seen it. Waiting 4 ur response soon.
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Xzbit91: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

Hahahaha.

Offers for Sale! tongue
Which would you prefer? cheesy
I don't want to be selfish. You can have the other two grin

Name your price tongue

Aww, selfless amicable. The one with the foreign company would do grin grin
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
press005:

Think of it this way: different employers are looking for different things. And you cannot be all things to all people.

It's important you don't lose sight of what you want in life, no matter what society throws at you.

With that said, it's also important to know your personal skill set, and these skills may not even be directly linked to the course you studied in school.

Don't allow your certificate box you out of the marketplace. You are an intelligent being who can deliver value.

Keep hope alive, bro
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tidamsel:
Lolz, 4uny u.

Sweetheart I mentioned u on a subject under D romance thread, ur opinion is nided, hope u v seen it. Waiting 4 ur response soon.
You mentioned me elsewhere?

Hope you didn't just mention 'Amicable' without the 09, if you don't put the two together, I won't see it. Like I have not seen the mention.

Edit that post there on the romance thread and mention me well.

Happy Sunday
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by amicable09(f): 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
Xzbit91:

Name your price tongue
Aww, selfless amicable. The one with the foreign company would do grin grin
Lol. You can't pay me cos I'm giving it to you FREE of charge! cheesy
How about that?
Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Xzbit91: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. You can't pay me cos I'm giving it to you FREE of charge! cheesy

How about that?

Cool! cheesy
How I wish job offers were really transferable embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Tinz About Online Job Applications by Tidamsel: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

You mentioned me elsewhere?

Hope you didn't just mention 'Amicable' without the 09, if you don't put the two together, I won't see it. Like I have not seen the mention.

Edit that post there on the romance thread and mention me well.

Happy Sunday
OK Ma

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force 2017 Recruitment Supplementary Interview List Out / Cadbury Ongoing Recruitment / Null

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.