Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Isaac Newton On Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isaac Newton On Atheism (4640 Views)

Convoy Of Pastor Isaac Idahosa: Daddy Freeze, Others React / What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2017
jonbellion:
no you would not Depends on the athiest
Depends? I'm done with you.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2017
onyenze123:

Don't even go there. The book of Genesis is a mere folktale.

If you are to.call it that, from your own.ideology. and factual reasoning. But, to me, its a book that explains what you need answers to. The essense of the Bible and the concept behind writing the Bible is not to give you factual reasoning as to proves, if you need proves, evidently they could have been provided, but only God.knows how big that books you are expecting to be called the Bible would be as big as. The Bible was writing to.guide not to inform
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by jonbellion(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Just like you are an atheist now and also agnostic. Smh.
kind of like a De-facto athiest hovering around diesm
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by enshy: 9:20am On Mar 08, 2017
GodsMopol:

Sir, I have ran into some of your dialogue between Enshy n Akintom which I randomly run into sometimes. But there are questions about creation that has been left unanswered. Well, I look forward to the day when science as you believe in would provide a better definition for creation and the essense of creation.

Anyone who.creates anything would certainly have two things in mind, a connection to the one he created and a purpose for the created. The creator of nairaland was presumptuously Seun and lalastical or so.

I really don't know, and they know their personal purpose, either financial or whatever, at least, to.my best knowledge, I think networking like we are doing now, and he has a connection or a channel by which he can interact and supervise what's going on, that's why, there are always 21 rules up there telling us, this is our guide, anyone who does not conform with such standard which is monitored by the owner of this blog, we would assume that's a form of connection or a interaction which many times might not be seen on this side, there are codes running underground as we chat of which we can't see. We can't delve from creation. The best way to understand now, is to.understand creation
So on point my brother!
We know what we have in Jesus, we are not deterred!
We continue till His return!!

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2017
jonbellion:
kind of like a De-facto athiest hovering around diesm
Thanks. I'm done.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

Its my Bible I read not yours.
My Bible isnt filled with contradictions and confusions, maybe yours is.
What other evidence than asking an atheist what the concept of death, birth and life is and he says honestly I dont know, science is working on it but it cant be God for he doesnt exist?
What other malady on planet earth exists?
Please if you wouldnt repent, then you can as well allow our preachers reach out to their audience!
Thank you!

you can start by telling us which order your Yahweh created the world amongst the two contradictory ones in Genesis Chapter 1 and 2

you can visit http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm for more info

CC godsmopol
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by jonbellion(m): 9:21am On Mar 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Depends? I'm done with you.
you are not getting the point
What part of atheism is not a there is no god claim for every athiest don't you understand
Smh
Bye
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by enshy: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you can start by telling us which order your Yahweh created the world amongst the two contradictory ones in Genesis Chapter 1 and 2

you can visit http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm for more info

CC godsmopol
Ild tell you mine if you tell me yours!
Tell me your creation story, birth concept and what death means...
If you cant, then the atheists folly is on a GP!
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2017
jonbellion:
your own is bad oo

Looool, if your thought process tells you that. I really wish to.say the same, but its not needed. I really wish I.could reason along the line of your conversations. But Christianity doesn't compel.me.to a debate of reasoning, if Peter can walk on water, I think it would cost billions of dollars to.find an answer, but they would continually find until they red mark the project. Wisdom they say is profitable to.direct. wisdom makes me interact and reason a times, bit wisdom requires that I don't reason above that which is expected of me. I shouldn't think highly of.myself than I should.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

Ild tell you mine if you tell me yours!
Tell me your creation story, birth concept and what death means...
If you cant, then the atheists folly is on a GP!

I know I have folly, I ain't arguing that

tell me which of the two contradictory creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2 is true

tell us why one is true and the other false

then conclude by telling us why we should believe a book who can't even get the first things right

and maybe start admitting there might be contradictions after all grin
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by enshy: 9:43am On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell me which of the two contradictory creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2 is true

then conclude by telling us why we should believe a book who can't even get the first things right

GodsMopol, skeendyke, felixomor, MZLady39.
The atheist just admitted folly and wont even argue it.
The Bible said it in Psalm 14:1 'the fool has said in his heart that there is no God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable works and none doeth good'
Isnt this evidence of Bible's infallible Truth?
Tell me what Gen 1 and Gen 2 says, Ild walk you through the path of understanding for we have the auction of the Holy Ghost and he teacheth us all things!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by akintom(m): 9:52am On Mar 08, 2017
GodsMopol:

Sir, I have ran into some of your dialogue between Enshy n Akintom which I randomly run into sometimes. But there are questions about creation that has been left unanswered. Well, I look forward to the day when science as you believe in would provide a better definition for creation and the essense of creation.

Anyone who.creates anything would certainly have two things in mind, a connection to the one he created and a purpose for the created. The creator of nairaland was presumptuously Seun and lalastical or so.

I really don't know, and they know their personal purpose, either financial or whatever, at least, to.my best knowledge, I think networking like we are doing now, and he has a connection or a channel by which he can interact and supervise what's going on, that's why, there are always 21 rules up there telling us, this is our guide, anyone who does not conform with such standard which is monitored by the owner of this blog, we would assume that's a form of connection or a interaction which many times might not be seen on this side, there are codes running underground as we chat of which we can't see. We can't delve from creation. The best way to understand now, is to.understand creation
May i know the specific question you're asking me?
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by jonbellion(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

The Bible said it in Psalm 14:1 'the fool has said in his heart that there is no God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable works and none doeth good oo '
Tell me what Gen 1 and Gen 2 says, Ild walk you through the path of understanding for we have the auction of the Holy Ghost and he teacheth us all things!
so this makes the biblical claims true?
So in other words the bible is right because the bible says it's right
Hokay smiley

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

The Bible said it in Psalm 14:1 'the fool has said in his heart that there is no God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable works and none doeth good'
Everything of the bible is always 100% correct. Lobatan.
Continue. Am following

Its only the Holy Spirit (95% alcohol) that will appear in USA and at same be in Nigeria. grin
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by dalaman: 10:22am On Mar 08, 2017
What I find interesting is that someone lie DoctorAlien will happily call Newton a hereticle because he believes in a different version of christianity than him. He is always haranguing other christians that belongs to other sects but here he is using the same heretics to tell us that his imaginary God is bla bla bla. Deluded people.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by dalaman: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

The person that wrote that biblical passage is a fool, which ever God it was written for is also a fool, who ever believes in that passage is also a fool. Now go hug the nearest transformer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
akintom:

May i know the specific question you're asking me?

Just two sir, or if you could answer all sir.

1. Who started creation as in, who is the creator?
2. What's our connection with whoever created the created(creatures)?
3. What's the essense or motive of the creator to have initiated creation?

Those are my questions mixed with those I claim you have left unanswered.

I also would add this, why is man the one overseeing the universe, why is it that, its all man all this while, why not birds and monkeys, must it really be man at all time doing all the research and all of this science stuff, I appeal to reasoning on this
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 10:49am On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Sir, I think I have been enjoying your dialogue all this while, many times I might not have a perfect answer, so I back off from treads like this, and the fact I don't have an answer, doesn't mean there is no answer.

We would all get to heaven someday and get better answers to what we can't comprehend. I also have questions in one or two places in the Bible, but I always believe, somewhere up there with the Big God, lies a lot of answers I am looking for, of which I haven't gotten, as a matter of fact, I have gotten some through constant fellowship by the help of the Holy Spirit which teaches us all things like you have correctly quoted.

If He teaches us all things, then evidently there should have been one or two things which we must have tagged, in quote, the basis I should also be an atheist, but I realise, He has answers, get answers is not in running from the one who has the answer, but going close to those who have an answers.

I really don't know how much you have read so far to make you become an atheist, but I believe you were looking for answers, answers you can't get from people who don't know the person you really need a answer about, simply because they don't have a personal relationship with the one who can give you the answer.

If I need the family history of your genealogy, it would be wise that I approach anyone is from your family, if I happen to go to China and I come up with a view about a family that has no connection or relationship with China, then evidently, I would report a wrong commentary on your family. I believe you understand me.

I have personally not been to an airport before, neither have I read materials that relates to things that pertain to a airport, all I can tell you about an airport is based on my television viewing of how an airport should be. Now, imagine someone like me writing a 500page book and at the back of the book, I write something like, I did all my research based on the movies I watch and I believe you enjoy the book, and a remark also stating that, I have never been to an airport nor consulted materials that were written by those who are skilled or professors in that field. What would you say about my write up.

So many atheist view were compiled by men who never knew God nor were merely frustrated by the actions of the devil who's assignment is to steal, kill and destroy. Lemme say this, Paul with all his knowledge of God was beaten, you might have expected that some Angels should have come around to fight for Him. I have an answer for you based on Gen 1 n 2, I think I should quote again
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by akintom(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2017
GodsMopol:

Just two sir, or if you could answer all sir.

1. Who started creation as in, who is the creator?

Let's start from this first question.
The Origin of life, is the crux of the discussion here. In approaching this enquiry, there ought to be premises, on which to base the proposition of the possible origin of life.

1. Is life real (can be related with, using the human senses)?

2. To what smallest unit can life be reduced?

3. What could have caused the emergence of this smallest unit of life?

The above questions are scientific ones. A ask from Google, will provide you voluminous theories, that have been put forward on the above questions.

If your answer to number 3 question above, is that a Creator (god), is the cause of life in it's complex form (as against the principles of reductionism), then you will have to explain to me, how that happened?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Gen 1 and 2, lemme explain, chapter one was a background rejuvenation of what was destroyed in the former creation. Let us create man in our own image. That's a new suggestion to the Word(Jesus who was in the beginning and the Spirit that moved upon the face of the earth that has been made void and dark and without form, and to the innumerable numbers of Angels, I would say that's a meeting, a big gathering, not necessary sha)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

Hehehehehehehehe

I'm starting to doubt your maturity and comprehension, even the people you called their names here would be taken aback

read genesis 1 and 2 and do the walking, you've got a bible with you, No?
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 12:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Gen 1 and 2, lemme explain, chapter one was a background rejuvenation of what was destroyed in the former creation. Let us create man in our own image. That's a new suggestion to the Word(Jesus who was in the beginning and the Spirit that moved upon the face of the earth that has been made void and dark and without form, and to the innumerable numbers of Angels, I would say that's a meeting, a big gathering, not necessary sha)

Now, if you read chapter two you would notice something in v4,

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

This statement is used often in the Bible to tell us how things were before now, if you read Matt, Gen 5, I'm hammering on the word *generation* now.

Meaning a back referral to how it was then, so in chapter 1, God created plants, animals, other non living things and man, just in summary. But in chapter 2, we were referred to how it was when God actually spoke, so when God spoke those things, God recognize their existence or re-existence. So I would say, God programmed a software, without an hardware. God is a spirit, God saw the spiritual side of all what was created and God saw that they were good, but chapter 2 said, these are the history(generation), physically those things were not there, but God has commanded them to existence, so they were waiting for one or two things to come to existence

I ask for permission to quote these verse expressly

Genesis 2:4 These are the *generations* of the heavens and of the earth *when they were created*, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 2:5 And every plant of the field *before it was in the earth*, and every herb of the field *before it grew*: for the LORD God *had not caused it to rain upon the earth,* and *there was not a man* to till the ground. 2:6 *But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered* the whole face of the ground.

Note the following, I really don't know much about bolden words, I would have love to do that, am quite new on nairaland. But lemme asterisk the portions

1. Generation of the heaven and earth- a quick history of how it was. 2v4

2. When they were created, they were created, but they have not been seen, Paul said that I can win some, just saying sha. so its a spiritual creation, which would need some other factors to come to existence. 2v4

3. Before it was on the earth, it was created spiritual, but it was waiting for the mist, the condition for which it would come into existence. 2v5

4. Before it grew. It has to grow, but it has been created software wise or spiritually, so still waiting for conditions to enhance existence. 2v6

5. Had not caused it to rain, so there was no rain, but the spiritual creator saw plants and blessed it, evidence of things to come even when it has not been seen, God believed it must come out. 2v5

6. There was not a man, but there was a software for man to bring man to existence, there was a spiritual man, the real man, but notice the 5th verse said, no man to till the ground, God was looking at man, God blessed this man, but it was a spiritual man, the man that Jesus came to die for, and God took dust, took the man, and breathe on the man v7

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Do you know God said, satan shall feed on dust, as long as you stay in the dust realm, senses and appealing to reasoning, Satan gat you, because that's what he feeds on, the flesh, the devil is the god in the sense realm, but you would beat him hands down in the spirit realm.

Jesus said, we are in this world, we are not of this world, another verse said, greater is He that's in me, that I can't see, than he that's in the world, the world is ruled by the devil, a real Christians right is to sis empower the works of the devil because man was the reason for the creation of the earth, not the devil, the devil had control because man fed on something contrary to what God commanded, the ideas of a dusted being, the origin of the flesh, not the origin of the real man, the spiritual man.

Now, God created a spiritual man, God blessed the Spiritual man, then God created an enabling environment for man, the flesh, and God breathe on man and man became a living soul. The Genesis of Spirit (Subconscious mind as claimed by scientists); the body (the fleshy and destructible man that can be subject to decay and first death) and the soul( what defines us, the reason behind the uniqueness of every persons)

I think I should stop. In case you want to repent, I believe as a messenger or as an ambassador, my major assignment is to reconcile those who are afar off, the Bible spoke about Heb2:10, gathering sons and daughters unto repentance, kindly renounce your past life before the Cross. Jesus is not far to hear us, He promised He would never leave nor forsake us. We are so special to Him. He see us as a valuable and Royal personality, everything is spiritual bro, after a numbers of time, God who can't lie would reward us based on our faithfulness over time, God wants a set of clean and pure minded Christians who would open the eyes of people to the eternal death that awaits them. We must not die in earth and die in heaven. What differentiate a Christian from other who presumptuously call themselves Christians is Righteousness, Peace and Joy, those are things, money can not buy, books can't give you fulfilment and a true joy, bro and sis, I want you to be a partaker of this joy, the reason many Christians are wayward is because they devil won't rest at anything, and moreover, people don't have this true joy, we need to always pray that this people experience this joy.

This joy am talking about, even from the past three years, I can't explain it, its like a rumbling of waters with us, I just keeps building as I'm typing write now. I really wish you an have it, receive it sir, I know you would have it, and give this to others also, in Jesus name. Amen

Am so happy sir, the Bible spoke about an Angel disturbing the water in the pool of bethseda, that's just what's happening right here
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by enshy: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

I'm starting to doubt your maturity and comprehension, even the people you called their names here would be taken aback

read genesis 1 and 2 and do the walking, you've got a bible with you, No?
Bro, Im ready to help only if ure willing to learn.
The student doesnt give assignment to the teacher.
You have doubts, share them and by Grace I shall clear them if you are sincere!
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by Richirich713: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
Newton words have still not been refuted - the only response these guys got is "who created god" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by niyihawking(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Can one also be permitted to say that Theists are those who belief there's a God but can't say with absolute certainty?

that's why theists love to throw the Pascal's wager.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

exactly, "god" is not an answer; god is a placeholder for people who lack the courage to say "I don't know"
I'd have to be aberrant to this predisposition. Having answers to cosmic mechanisms doesn't in any way abash the existence of a conscious first cause or a precursor. Just my view bro.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
Richirich713:
Newton words have still not been refuted - the only response these guys got is "who created god" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

LOL

1 Like

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by GodsMopol: 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
akintom:

The Origin of life, is the crux of the discussion here. In approaching this enquiry, there ought to be premises, on which to base the proposition of the possible origin of life.

The above questions are scientific ones. A ask from Google, will provide you voluminous theories, that have been put forward on the above questions.

If your answer to number 3 question above, is that a Creator (god), is the cause of life in it's complex form (as against the principles of reductionism), then you will have to explain to me, how that happened?

Lemme just say, I knew there was Google all his while, and referring me back to Google isnt part of the deal, yea, this is not a deal though, it was meant to be a dialogue
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
jmichlins:
let us give science the amount of patience we have given religion and we will have the answers we seek and even more

I laugh at you dreamer.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by blueAgent(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

these words have struck my soul
I want to repent, I don't wanna be doomed *sobs"
please I wanna repent

Keep mocking yourself.
Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by blueAgent(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

most Christians in developed countries have dumped the idea of literal "Adam and Eve"

I guess the "holy spirit" that ministered that to them forgot to minister same to you

Wishfull thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Newton On Atheism by blueAgent(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
akintom:

Your science sucks. better go and learn Arts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Janniseries Ottoman Turkish Xtian Forced Fighers / Is It Proper For A Christian Wife To Moan During Intercourse / Should Pastors In Nigeria Pay Tax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.