Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... (795 Views)

Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Babagirls(m): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2017
My beloved people..... I need ur opinion Is it compulsory u thank your parent after every meal.....

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Hitel: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2017
It varies in every culture undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Elisean(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2017
Idk but in my culture it is compulsory especially when it's not you who provided the food and even when you the one who still provides it, bladdy sign of great respect.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by thesicilian: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2017
Is it compulsory they provide every meal for you?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by teejaymos(m): 10:50am On Mar 08, 2017
Yes very compulsory.
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2017
I honestly wouldn't expect a thank you message from my kids over a dinner.

But if the intention is to teach them how to appreciate people, I think the trend is good. It can go a long way in destroying every sense of entitlement on the long-run.
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Luizkid(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
to other relatives n outsiders i do but to my parents, never done it b4 cos she knows am thankful 2 her ryt from my infant days no need reminding her every few hours
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by nurey(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
It is a good thing, but my case is exceptional as the love is just too much. If i tell my mum thank you, the next question goes
mum: should i help you warm the rice
Me:No
mum: or you want yam
me:No
mum: i will soon cook soup, should i help you do semo
me: No
mum: or i should ...
me:Cut her short, mum, if i am still hungry i will cook something (storm inside my room) to avoid exchange of words grin
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by MARKone(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
Babagirls:
My beloved people..... I need ur opinion Is it compulsory u thank your parent after every meal.....

Yes it is very compulsory. The meal didn't fall from the sky, somebody toiled, and worked hard to put the food on the table, and courtesy demands you say thank you after eating the food. I still do it even when my folks come visiting, I also thank you to any elderly person seated on the table.
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Jimbiz(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2017
Those thanking their parents after each meal are not complaining. if you dont want to thank your parents then keep it to yourself.
wetin dey even do u sef?
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
My Edo friend does this wella. After every meal he will say something that sound like "isoka". It means thank you!
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by nnamdibig(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Is it compulsory you respect your parents?
Make una no dey ask silly question abeg
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by KillerBeauty(f): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
luxy44:
My Edo friend does this wella. After every meal he will say something that sound like "isoka". It means thank you!

I'm a Benin girl and we were brought up to always say thank you after each meal. We say it in our native language. Even our next door neighbour when they are passing by my mom shop in the evening they still great her thank you as if my mom provided the food they ate.
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
not in my culture and even if it was I won't teach my kids that.
It's my responsibility to feed my kids. They shouldn't thank me for it.
Re: Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Luizkid:
to other relatives n outsiders i do but to my parents, never done it b4 cos she knows am thankful 2 her ryt from my infant days no need reminding her every few hours

abi o. a child is appreciative to his/her parents as long as they do well by him/her.

It sounds weird to say thank you after every meal which is probably 3 times daily.

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Money For Food For Your Family / This Is Why I May Be Denied Of My Result(b.sc)/help Me! / Wedding Without Reception And Frivolous Spending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.