Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why Most Of Google Services Are Free - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Most Of Google Services Are Free (642 Views)

Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? / What Is A Pizza Box In Terms Of Google? / KIT EMA Services - Are They Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by patomaniac: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Why most of Google Services are free.

If you are not being charged for a product, you are the product.

Google gives you a lot of free things. Those free things are Google’s payment to you.
What is Google? If you say “a tech company” or “a search engine company,” you are wrong. Google is an advertising company.
Google makes its money by selling you. You are the product. Google sells information about you to advertisers. The information they sell is way more detailed and complete than you think it is.
Everything you do with Google’s “free” stuff is recorded and analysed to learn more about you. Every email you send or receive through Gmail is scanned for keywords. Google knows what you like, what you hate, what you're afraid of, what you buy, and what political views you hold. They can deduce from your pattern of usage what hours you work and how far from home your workplace is. They know if you're cheating on your partner. The information they collect would make an old-school KGB agent green with envy.
Their business model is selling access to you based on this information to others. Not to government agencies or private investigators; that's chump change. The real money is selling access based on this information to people who want to sell you things.
Apple sells computers. Google sells you. When you deal with Apple, you are the customer. When you deal with Google, you are the product; Google’s advertising buyers are the customer.
A lot of folks have pointed out that Google does not sell personal files on its users. This is mostly true; what they're selling is access to you based on your information.
I say “mostly true” because Google does sometimes sell aggregate search data that has been “anonymized” (stripped of personally identifiable information). However, the information Google (and others) gather is so deep and so detailed that it turns out to be very easy to figure out which individuals the “anonymised” data belong to.

Source Here

CC:lalasticlala mynd44 slyr0x Adewasco2k mukina2
kindly move it let people learn more

Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by nuelsylves(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
Very educative piece.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by patomaniac: 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
nuelsylves:
Very educative piece.
Thank you, do well to share it to others
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by dogstyle007(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
hmmnm
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by geunik(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
The google products you know are free but there are many that are paid for. Funny to know many that they charge today where once free. So the mathematics was to make that aspect of the industry monopoly and then when they have beat off competition, they add a price tag. For example google custom e-mail cost about $20
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by patomaniac: 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
geunik:
The google products you know are free but there are many that are paid for. Funny to know many that they charge today where once free. So the mathematics was to make that aspect of the industry monopoly and then when they have beat off competition, they add a price tag. For example google custom e-mail cost about $20
by custtom email do you mean the new business email? most of google services are free. please can you list some google services that are paid for? then i will tell you and show you its free. all the same the right up was a personal view gotten out of personal research. cheers
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by geunik(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
patomaniac:

by custtom email do you mean the new business email? most of google services are free. please can you list some google services that are paid for? then i will tell you and show you its free. all the same the right up was a personal view gotten out of personal research. cheers
1. Google customize email address like contact.business name.com for a price
2. New to only American citizens of America, google sells domain for a fee
And To upload your app to google play store, you are to pay about $25.
Pls these are the few I know of. There may be more bit most of their services are free
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by adekunledog: 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
geunik:

1. Google customize email address like contact.business name.com for a price
2. New to only American citizens of America, google sells domain for a fee
And To upload your app to google play store, you are to pay about $25.
Pls these are the few I know of. There may be more bit most of their services are free
For number 1,its a new service and it'sike buying Your Own domain name, it's still in its testing phase,

For number 2, why should you buy domain from Google??

I feel what the OP is trying to say is that majority kg google services re free, imagine if you have to pay for using Google Search engine?? So their peculiar services re free... My 1cent doe
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by adekunledog: 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Very interesting topic, lalasticlala let's move it to FP,
Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by talk2hb1(m): 3:53am On Mar 09, 2017
patomaniac:

Google App for Business is not free ooo
Some Part of Analytic are not free (Most especially the Data Intelligent Services), Google App Services are not free, and some more undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Of Google Services Are Free by patomaniac: 9:09am On Mar 09, 2017
talk2hb1:

Google App for Business is not free ooo
Some Part of Analytic are not free (Most especially the Data Intelligent Services), Google App Services are not free, and some more undecided

Well but we can totally agree that most of their services are free. Thats all

(1) (Reply)

Partners Needed For A Tech Blog / Can SEUN Please Take A Look / How Do I Redirect My Custom Domain From My Deleted Blog To A New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.