Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? (2875 Views)

Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen / Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” / Almost 30 But Need A Banking Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by Juicegal(f): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello all,

Good afternoon. My name is Juicegal and i'm new on this forum. My brother has being job hunting for quite a while now and has applied to various organizations and it seems he is getting favourable feedback from one of the Nigerian banks in Lagos to work as an entry level full time staff-(Executive trainee). A friend is also keen on connecting him to work as an admin assistant in the British high commission abuja. Please which is better in terms of good working conditions, job security, future prospects and maybe pay package. I know i can get experienced answers here and i appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks for your responses.
Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by Tripleb: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
well bank jobs seem to be the most lucrative in Nigeria today, but jobs in British High Commission are sometimes for short or stipulated periods, but it is dependent on what he wants and the career path hes chosen for himself, as for pay..the bank is better and growth will be in sight in the nearest future. finally if he gets the British on a permanent basis let him sail on.... smiley smiley
Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by Juicegal(f): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2017
Tripleb:
well bank jobs seem to be the most lucrative in Nigeria today, but jobs in British High Commission are sometimes for short or stipulated periods, but it is dependent on what he wants and the career path hes chosen for himself, as for pay..the bank is better and growth will be in sight in the nearest future. finally if he gets the British on a permanent basis let him sail on.... smiley smiley
Thanks so much. will have to find out if the BHC job is PT or FT.
Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by 1forall: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
If it's a permanent contract by all means go for the British High Commission job.

Usually their pay is good and comes with benefits. They respect closing times as stipulated in your contract (you're expected to go home once it's closing time regardless) and there are no marketing targets. It is a generally saner environment to work in compared to the Nigerian banking industry.

If I was faced with such a choice I won't blink before knowing what to do.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by nwakaegoabisola(f): 11:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Hello Juicegal, please I am applying for a British High Commission job and i AM LOST. pLEASE CAN YPU PUT ME THROUGH?
Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by allenseyi07: 11:39am On Apr 28, 2017
British high commission is the best don't joke with it but if you pick the banking job please having searching for job for so long, pls assist
Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by Adeola012: 1:36am On Jul 20, 2017
British high commission,hand down!!! They pay more,They dont over use their staff as they do in banks. I have a friend that joined BHC a year ago,she has been sent to UK twice for training, her salary is about 310k. If o had this opportunity,I won't even think twice.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by OzziOhinoyi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
I would choose the British High Commission job.

(1) (Reply)

Top List Of Worst Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Lagos / FG Approves Equal Salaries For HND And Degree Holders / I Was Warned Not To Venture Into VTU Business- I Refused To Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.