Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players (14936 Views)

Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. / Super Falcons Players Vs Cameroonian Players (See Photos) / Unpaid Allowances: Dalung Meets Super Falcons Players (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by PenisCaP: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
undecided
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by kpukpuyenke: 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Precious Dede
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Laple0541(m): 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Talk2Bella:
thanks op I didn't even know most of these women

what of chichi Igbo

No be only chichi Igbo, u go soon see chichi Hausa!!! wetin dat mumu boy sabi for football?

2 Likes

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
So Chi chi Igbo is not even among?? It's only social media football she knows how to play. All the above mentioned ladies still look feminine. That mumu just spoil herself for nothing... Akpunku

1 Like

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Emperormartin(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
I love hardworking Women!!!!

Holla to all those great women out there!!!!

I fondly remember Ann Chiejine in USA 99 World Cup. ....our sexy n efficient goalkeeper was putting on sth like hair tie...lol

Desire Oparanozie, Ngozi okobi n that fair lady bearing Sunday as her surname are all remarkable personalities.
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by donkennyakademy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dats ma big Sis PNKWOCHA thumbs up for her.

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by DeRay98(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Though Chioma Ajunwa starred out as a player for Super Falcon her stay was short and in the early days of the team. It doesn't qualify her as all time great.
Kikelomo Ajayi, Patient Avre, Precious Dede, Omo love Branch all played longer and won more trophies with the team than Ajunwa and even Cynthia Uwak.

2 Likes

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Chanchit: 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, Perpetual is my all time no1 and Oshoala my no2, all other can arrange themselves.

1 Like

Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by do4luv14(m): 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Remove asisat and put precious dede
yes she deserve a mention , Asisat is still playing for games sake
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by nonjebose(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nice list. Perpetual is the all time best. Kikelomo Ajayi is missing on that list. There was this other diminutive striker. I can't really remember her name. Once played alongside Perpetual
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by robosky02(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
and who is the greatest of then all
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by ChristineC: 12:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Nkwocha!!
Hats off.
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by cheapgoal: 2:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Talk2Bella:
thanks op I didn't even know most of these women

what of chichi Igbo

Your welcom
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Fx55(m): 5:00am On Mar 09, 2017
cheapgoal:
9. Uche Ucheria
Date of Birth: June 6, 1973
Ucheria was born in Imo state and is the first female coach for the Super Falcons, first female and former player to win the African Women Championship (AWC) as a player and as a coach, after winning the AWC title in South Africa in 2010. She also led the Falcons to the 2011 women's world cup in Germany. She was sacked by the NFF after she failed to qualify the team for the summer Olympics in London 2012. Mother of the "Firsts"!!!
She's also the sister of veteran Super Eagles stopper Uche Okechukwu
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Fx55(m): 5:14am On Mar 09, 2017
UnknownT:
Wetin concern Chioma Ajunwa with Super Falcons? Op mind yourself oh
Indomie generation! Ajunwa initially played for the Super Falcons before venturing into Athletics.
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Pharaoh9(m): 5:31am On Mar 09, 2017
Chika obi geraldine
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by UnknownT: 6:30am On Mar 09, 2017
Fx55:
Indomie generation! Ajunwa initially played for the Super Falcons before venturing into Athletics.
Ancestor, how can someone who was usually benched in her brief footballing career become a top10 female player? If the thread was about former female footballers that switched to other sport, it would have been "understandable"
Re: Women Day: Top Ten Super Falcons Players by Fx55(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2017
UnknownT:
Ancestor, how can someone who was usually benched in her brief footballing career become a top10 female player? If the thread was about former female footballers that switched to other sport, it would have been "understandable"
I'm sure she was listed by the OP because she played for the Falcons at some period and also went ahead to achieve fame in athletics..

Your initial comment was an outright indication that you weren't aware she was formerly a Falcons player and not because she doesn't deserve a spot on that list.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex Ivorian Football Star Emmanuel Eboue Is Dead / Ipswich Town Back To EPL After 22 Years / WAFU Cup: Ezenwa Voted Best Player In Super Eagles Win Vs Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.