Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Basira In London Is A Slap To Nigerians - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Basira In London Is A Slap To Nigerians (564 Views)

Bbnaija Mercy Slap Tacha During Fight (video) / BBNaija: Enkay Apologises To Nigerians Over ‘Maltreating’ Cindy / Toyin Aimahku's "Alakada Reloaded" Premieres In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basira In London Is A Slap To Nigerians by Shalombrain: 5:41am On Mar 09, 2017
This morning I woke up to the news that "Basira in London" will be premiering this March in Nigeria. At first I was put off by the title of the film.

"Basira in London", at a first glance it shows the the level of mediocrity embedded in the film. Nollywood have come along way to have such title for a movie you intend to become a hit.

As lame as "A trip to Jamaica" and "30 days in Atlanta" might sound, it does not carry the aura of (a let us just do one film like that) air. When you name a film by one of it's characters name, it says alot about how far you will go to sell the film except it's a John Wick or Jason Bourne pedestal kind of film.

The second thing the title gives away is the slapstick format the movie will take. You might argue that "A trip to Jamaica" and "30 days in Atlanta" are both slapstick movies, but there is slapstick and then there is slapstick. This title already buried it's movie in the first category of slapstick.

The next thing that put me off was the movie poster..............

CONTINUE READING: http://abspad.com/basira-in-london-is-a-slap-to-nigerians/

(1) (Reply)

Katamarayudu 3rd Day Box Office Collection / Charlie Murphy Is Dead / Michelle Rodriguez Is Threatening To Leave "The Fast And The Furious" Franchise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.