Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Lugbe: A Blossoming Haven For Armed Robbers, Rapists, Smokers In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lugbe: A Blossoming Haven For Armed Robbers, Rapists, Smokers In Abuja (1502 Views)

Man Arrested For Armed Robbery - A Day After Reporting Robbers To Police. Photo / IMSU Student Arrested For Armed Robbery(photo) / Police In Benin Arrest 75-year-old Grandfather For Armed Robbery (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lugbe: A Blossoming Haven For Armed Robbers, Rapists, Smokers In Abuja by aljazirahnews: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
Lugbe, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, located on airport road, a few kilometers to Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, has been serving, for a very long time, as refugee camp for ‘new comers’ to the nation`s seat of power. But recently, AljazirahNigeria discovered it now harbors new ‘inhabitants.’

It is one of the few communities in the whole of FCT where the workers in both the government and privately-owned organisations do not experience artificial hindrances, while going to their various offices or returning, either in the morning, afternoon or night.

With less than N1 million, one can easily become a landlord or landlady in that community, due to the fact that the land there is as cheap as N70, 000 to N100,000 and N120,000, depending on one’s choice of self-contained apartment constructed at that particular area.

This development has helped many Nigerians, who suddenly found themselves in Abuja, through transfer from their respective head-offices or otherwise, to become land owners.

The fleet of luxury vehicles coming out from the community on daily basis will amaze one’s imagination. With just N40, 000 or N60, 000, one can easily get a room rented apartment per annum, depending on one’s choice.

It thus serves like a ‘refugee camp for the ‘new comers’ to Abuja.

But sadly enough, the influx of different calibre of people into this fastest growing community without checking their antecedents is so worrisome and alarming.

It is gradually becoming another Republic where armed robbers, rapists, as well as burglars and Indian hemp smokers see as their own territory, AljazirahNigeria reports.

Our reporter discovered that Indian hemp is are now selling freely like biscuit, cheese-ball, sweets, groundnut, banana, etc.

Investigations by AljazirahNigeria, revealed that the community has been nurturing and harboring all sort of criminal elements, which was not known for before. It was further learnt that gone are the days when one could easily move anytime from 1:30 a.m, while coming from a long journey.

A resident told the newspaper that after disposing their victims of valuables, the criminals equally go ahead and rape ladies that fall into their trap.

Even security officials are not spared. A police sergeant- name withheld, a resident in one of the zones, who recently fell victim narrated his experience:

“As I was coming back home from night duty around 4:30 a.m, I just saw light from a torch, almost four, from different angles, because there was no ‘NEPA light’ then, so I could not see very well, until one of them appeared from nowhere and hit me with cutlass on my head. They later discovered that I am a police officer, after disposing me of my two handsets, N5, 000 and also seized my ATM card,” the badly shaken cop said.

Another victim, Chindima (surname withheld), confirmed that after they robbed her around 11 p.m, while coming from her home-town in Enugu State, one of them attempted to rape her, but it was so difficult for him because of the tight-jeans and canvass she wore that very day.

“He tried to tear my shirt but God intervened but he slapped me severally, squeezed my breasts, before he finally said after frustration ‘ashawo (harlot) dey go’, she recalls.

Investigations by AljazirahNigeria and responses from many of the residents further revealed that many criminal gangs are now using the community as their hide-outs after the crimes might have been committed, while some will operate and relocate to another community at dawn after special operations.

Mini burglars, according to the investigations, always followed and monitored their perceived victims to the highway to ensure that he or she has already taken off before burgling the house(s)!

“It is time, therefore, for the residents of Lugbe community to wake up from their slumber, and seek for adequate protection before the community is completely taken over,” an exasperated resident tells AljazirahNigeria.

FCT Police spokesperson, Anjuguri Mamzah in a recent interaction with AljazirahNigeria said the command was aware of such black spots across the city and was constantly putting in place measures to ensure the security of lives and property. He also said the police was open to information from the public to nip crime in the bud in the capital city.

Meanwhile, Lugbe residents may perhaps continue to sleep with one eye open until the situation is brought under control

http://aljazirahnews.com/lugbe-another-haven-armed-robbers-rapists-indian-hemp-smokers-abuja/

Re: Lugbe: A Blossoming Haven For Armed Robbers, Rapists, Smokers In Abuja by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
angry

Lugbe is the new Enerhen JUNCTION.

Sadly na people wey dey live for Lugbe dey make mouth pass say Abj rocks.

2 Likes

Re: Lugbe: A Blossoming Haven For Armed Robbers, Rapists, Smokers In Abuja by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Sadly, the crime rate in Lugbe is on the increase, especially the pedestrian bridges along that route at night

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Murdered In Abuja, Body Found Buried In His Bedroom (photos) / Killer Of Catholic Seminarian Confesses, Says He Was Always Preaching To Him / I'm A Law Abiding Person Police Man On George Floyd Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.