Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Did You Experience This In Your Childhood Days? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did You Experience This In Your Childhood Days? (879 Views)

Signs That Your Childhood Was Lame. / Taboos You Remember From Your Childhood Days. / What Was The Craziest Thing U Did In Ur Childhood Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Experience This In Your Childhood Days? by xynerise: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
If you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth I dont think you have experience this. You remember those day we think this yellow and black coloured beetle is a bee? We catch them, tie a rope on their neck and watch them fly. Oh what a nice pet it was then. Sometimes we feed them with sugar and watch them to shiit honey. grin. Even the wasp, we do catch them and separate the asss from the body. Remember those days we use to catch grasshoppers, we call it "Abu tan ta". We dont care if our cloth get stained we just dive it like a goalkeeper catching an angled penalty shot. We tie them in a santana nylon without opening a space for oxygen to come in. grin. We will keep it in a save place and when eating or sleeping we will be thinking of it. The most disgusting is the toad and frog catching, we can not differentiate between a frog and a toad so we keep all in the water. We use to go to a lagoon to get these things, yauk!. grin. Who cares then?We will stick our tender hands inside the lagoon to catch tadpoles and sometimes fight inside the lagoon to claim ownership. But one thing is that we were very creative. We can build a car with a "dunlop"slippers, make fan with papers and broom stick and a moving vehicle with a plank and "bowries". But today kids cannot do that. There are a lot of things we did back then that marvels me today. But thats in the past today I am talking about women. grin.
Re: Did You Experience This In Your Childhood Days? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
no, I didnt experience that.

however, I caught fireflies [for real], and occasionally watched tadpoles turn into frogs.

i also learnt how to play soccer with bottle tops and build matchbox cars.
Re: Did You Experience This In Your Childhood Days? by africhika(f): 1:00am On Dec 17, 2009
i played with roaches and ants.

i'd warm them up in the microwave and watch their guts split open.

now, i'm terrrrrified of even the smallest roach. lipsrsealed nasty creatures

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Chicks From South East / How Intelligent Are The Jews? / I Was Reading A Funny Post On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.