Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Reggae Music And The Man - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reggae Music And The Man (834 Views)

Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. / [ Reggae Mix ] Best Of Lucky Dube Mix | 2018 Edition / Download Best Reggae Mix (classic Djkaysee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reggae Music And The Man by poksmahn(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
There’s just something about good music that keeps you in a trance and leaves you begging for more. It’s like drugs.. Psychotropic substances but it’s totally legal. The goose bumps you feel when the bass conmects with the drums and the chill down your spine when the sonorous voice of the singer sits on the beat.

I’m talking about reggae music here. The distinct sound that originated in Jamaica around the 1960’s. It is instantly recognizable from the counterpoint between the bass and drum downbeat, and the offbeat rhythm section. You can’t just help but shake your body to the grove.

Whether you call it Blue beat, Rock steady or Ska, reggae still remains reggae. The messages of freedom, poverty, liberty, love, nationalism, racism, anti-colonialism and anti-capitalism resonates in the beats.

So I wake up in the morning and I play gospel reggae from Buchi’s It is Well from the album So Beautiful or Let Jah Be Praised by Jah Cure. When it’s time to get mushy, Bob Marley’s Is This Love is great! When everything’s going bad, I just play Three Little Birds or Don’t Worry by Bob Marley. You need a song about poverty or suffering Buju Banton’s Untold Stories. Searching for courage? Listen to The Harder They Come by Jimmy Cliff.

Here’s my top 10 reggae songs of all time.

1.No Woman, No Cry by Bob Marley
2.Many Rivers To Cross by Jimmy Cliffe
3.Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
4.One Love by Bob Marley
5.Song My Enemy Sings by Joe Higgs
6.Pressure Drop by Toots and Maytals
7.Little Patience by Majek Fashek
8. Israelites by Desmond Deker
9. Redemption Song by Bob Marley
10. Prisoner by Lucky Dube  

So, try updating your playlist with these timeless works of art. Thank me later. Jah Bless!!!

https://poksman./2017/03/11/reggae-music-and-the-man/

Re: Reggae Music And The Man by udede(m): 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
irie buay mi ah fe give ya i own selektion. 1. jamming by Bob marley 2. champion by buju b 3. sodom by terakota 4. vampire by peter toch 5. iron shirt by max romeo 6. i and i experience by majek 7.tomorrow people by ziggy marley 8. rat race by bob marley 9. man down by rihana 10. go there natty dread by u roy l

1 Like

Re: Reggae Music And The Man by poksmahn(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
lol iron shirt is cool.. i think Max Romeo was stoned when he recorded that piece
Re: Reggae Music And The Man by poksmahn(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
udede:
irie buay mi ah fe give ya i own selektion. 1. jamming by Bob marley 2. champion by buju b 3. sodom by terakota 4. vampire by peter toch 5. iron shirt by max romeo 6. i and i experience by majek 7.tomorrow people by ziggy marley 8. rat race by bob marley 9. man down by rihana 10. go there natty dread by u roy l
cool selection.

(1) (Reply)

Mp3 : P sky - Your Love / JAMZ: Download ‘wo’ By Olamide(prod By Young John) #wo @olamide_ybnl / Jessay – Baby Carolina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.